Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk About: Grappling/Sparring System (1.0) (BRAINSTORM)

(PSN)Station2D-

Good day,

I hope you are well, this time I am here to present an idea that I have been planning for a while, one more of a lot to be precise, this idea is not finished yet and it is not that I cannot finish it by myself but I know that two good minds are better than one, and to focus on the subject: when we talk about Grappling and Sparring we refer to a series of techniques that are used in fist-to-fist combat, that is: fights that do not include any type of weapon, this is related to Hack and slash combat: combat with swords, etc. and Shooters: combat with firearms, WF is categorized as a Slasher / Shooter  combat and with this idea it is planned to become a Fighter / Slasher / Shooter combat game, why is Grappling / Sparring so important to the game? Well, in addition to adding more depth and challenge to combat, it would be logical that players and NPCs can use their limbs to make graps, throws or other actions and not just only use them to wield rifles and swords, if this works I will think about doing more topics in this way, if it doesnt work I will continue doing the topics but alone, if you have any questions you can ask or investigate, think carefully before speaking, the following:

• The techniques will be divided in this way:

Hits: to damage or disbalance their oponents characters can use their:

arms: fist, elbow

legs: kicks, knees

head: bite, etc.

Grabs: characters can use their limbs to grab their enemies to:

grab: incapacitate head, arms, torso, legs, etc.

drag: take the opponent to move him 

throw: grab the opponent and throw them somewhere

Blocks: the characters will be able to use their limbs to block the attacks of their opponents: 

Interrupt: characters will be able to use their arms, legs, etc. to collide or interrupt their opponents' attacks

inmovable: the characters will be able to remain static (gaining more resistance) to receive the attacks of their opponents

push: with their limbs characters will be able to slightly push their enemies to move them 

Dodge: the characters will be able to make small dashes which will help them to dodge the attacks of their opponents and counterattack

dash: the characters will be able to move sideways x and + (manually) giving a small dash which will allow them to dodge their opponents

tackle: characters can tackle their opponents to disbalance them

Grip / Interaction: characters will be able to interact with their surroundings to hurt their opponents

interaction: the characters will be able to use the surrounding structures (walls, ground, objects, other opponents, etc.) to impact their opponents on them

throw: characters can use nearby objects to throw at their opponents

• The combats will be divided in 5 ways, depending on the stamina and others characteristic of each character in the combat.

Struggle: stable, attacks will not unbalance them so much and it will be very difficult for move or grab 

Reaction: characters will be briefly stunned by their opponent's attacks which will make them weaker against grabs or throws

Knocked down: the character will be knocked down (but can still do actions) and will be weaker against grappling techniques and throws

Situational 1: if the character has any active defense skills or the character is tall or heavy, they will be more difficult to grab or knock down.

Situational 2: if the opponent is no aware or is in a CC or is very small or light, they will be easier to grab or knock down.

"You do not lose anything by worshiping God, instead you can fortify and give peace to yourself and your loved ones, but if you prefer to ignore God or do evil prepare yourself to fall in weaknesses and see your loved ones suffer, just remember that your purpose in this life is to show that imperfect beings can also be good "

- God bless you 

While in theory your idea would be great under any circumstance, it would be a logistical nightmare to implement into the game, and second, it doesnt, imo at least, fit into the design philosophy of Warframe.

What I would suggest though is, for a very basic block/interrupt/counter mechanic against enemies that try to grab us, instead of just dodging. I am of course referring to Kuva Liches, of which their grab mechanic is STILL BUGGY after MONTHS! This will ensure that Some content will require at least a decent level of skill during combat, and not just a glorified gear check.

Those are my two cents

• 1 month later...
En 2/10/2020 a las 8:05, Kaggelos dijo:

While in theory your idea would be great under any circumstance, it would be a logistical nightmare to implement into the game, and second, it doesnt, imo at least, fit into the design philosophy of Warframe.

What I would suggest though is, for a very basic block/interrupt/counter mechanic against enemies that try to grab us, instead of just dodging. I am of course referring to Kuva Liches, of which their grab mechanic is STILL BUGGY after MONTHS! This will ensure that Some content will require at least a decent level of skill during combat, and not just a glorified gear check.

Those are my two cents

Complex mechanics are difficult to implement but if they are implemented well it will be worth it, but it cannot be implemented in such a simple way because that is only going to limit the dynamism and depth that the game can have and the idea is not to add content so that subsequently becomes repetitive 

Games like WWE / SleepingDogs / Ufc are direct examples.

Archived