Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What helminth ability do you think i should put on my trinity?

DeckChairVonBananaCamel

Question

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

i should have probably mentioned that i am using vampire leech, so i get to abuse the heck out of shield gating (toxin is still a danger to me though)

That build is pretty much obsolete nowadays with operators and arcanes. You could just shield gate using the Brief Respite aura with a Decaying dragon key, and make an actually useful build instead.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

I'm not sure how many EV's it takes for you to take out your average enemy, but if you're just under the limit then Empower might push your EV over the edge.  But also that sounds tedious to do for every cast so.

Mag's Pull is a good CC ability for 25 energy.

the moment I put a viral proc on an enemy, EV will instakill it, combine that with marked for death and I can instakill a large number of enemies at once, it just requires a few actions to set up (sweep with viral ignis wraith, marked for death, EV).

I realise that ash's covert lethality+marked for death is easier to set up as it does not rely on viral procs, but my trinity's "energy assassin" build can scale further as it deals 100% of the enemy's health as true damage. (and I'll have to check after work, but im pretty sure finishers dont bypass shields any more, whereas EV's true damage does)

8 hours ago, Duality52 said:

it always deals the minimum damage since Thermal Sunder works off of Gauss's Thermokinetic Battery (Passive)

The infused version acts like you're at 50% Battery charge (so, 3x the minimum damage values),
similar to how Fire Blast has the effect (75% Armor reduction) you'd get at a 50% Immolation meter.

2 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I'm not sure what you are using to keep them alive, but you can recast Blessing regardless of duration to heal and apply damage reduction. Well of Life kinda seems like a big hassle considering you have infinite energy on Trinity anyway.

blessing cannot be reapplied to defectors whilst they are still under the effect of blessing's damage reduction. So if you have 20 seconds on your blessing, then you can only use blessing to heal the defectors once every 20 seconds

9 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

well minimum duration means trinity is more effective at keeping defectors alive in a defection mission *shrugs*

I'm not sure what you are using to keep them alive, but you can recast Blessing regardless of duration to heal and apply damage reduction. Well of Life kinda seems like a big hassle considering you have infinite energy on Trinity anyway.

On 2020-10-02 at 3:14 AM, Drachnyn said:

Gauss Thermal Sunder is an AoE Damage ability although i'm not convinced if it's worth it.

While it always deals the minimum damage since Thermal Sunder works off of Gauss's Thermokinetic Battery (Passive), it provides:

• Instantaneous Cold/Heat Damage/Proc
  • Can freeze enemies with a double Cold Thermal Sunder
  • Strips off some armor due to the Heat Proc.
  • Can be used to repel or pull enemies in with the Blast interaction
  • Ignores Line-of-Sight, unlike Fire Blast

I have seen cases where Fire Blast wouldn't hit enemies in plain line-of-sight, so it's quite unreliable. Thermal Sunder is by no means worthless to infuse.

5 hours ago, GenericWarframe said:

Marked for death Works Really Well you just have to prime the target(s) with viral beforehand. 

yeah after my simulacrum test i decided to give it a go on steel path survival (selkie - sedna), and it performed really well!
The build still leaves something to be desired in a solo run, but hey, i still managed to do 10 mins without dying, haha!

On 2020-10-02 at 9:26 PM, Wyrmius_Prime said:

That build is pretty much obsolete nowadays with operators and arcanes. You could just shield gate using the Brief Respite aura with a Decaying dragon key, and make an actually useful build instead.

well minimum duration means trinity is more effective at keeping defectors alive in a defection mission *shrugs*

Larva or Fire Blast, duration isnt so important on Larva since it cant be recast while active and Fire Blast has no connection to duration at all.

Pillage is another choice where low duration doesnt matter aslong as you have some range to compensate for it. I prefer lower duration on my Hildryn since you wont need to call it back on your own in a crisis.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

true, Shield Gating does make Vampire Leech a lot more useful now and having no Duration isn't an instant death sentence. still pointless to me, but i was only giving you a hard time.

Marked for Death would work, but it would base it off of only the first tick of Energy Vampire. you'd also have to remember to stack Viral before Casting Marked for Death - this sounds rather annoying to do in Gameplay but it would certainly work.

things like Shock and Smite would be for their Damage Augments mainly, though with no Duration those would be annoying to use. Smite worms could be useful except with no Duration they'll only be able to hit Enemies that are basically right next to each other.

Larva or Pull does sound plausible, Larva not holding stuff is okay, Enemies have no EHP so they'll probably be dead in a moment after you Cast it and they get dragged anyways.

I decided to bite the bullet and put marked for death on her just to test it out, it's super effective but yeah requires a lot of steps to get the tasty goods. Sweeping a group of enemies with my ignis wraith, marking an enemy, and then EVing that enemy is cumbersome enough even in the controlled environment of the simulacrum, I could imagine trying to get that combo to work in a firefight would not really be worth it (even if it does allow you to deal an instant death to a crowd of enemies).

I also did not know smite's orbs had duration!

true, Shield Gating does make Vampire Leech a lot more useful now and having no Duration isn't an instant death sentence. still pointless to me, but i was only giving you a hard time.

Marked for Death would work, but it would base it off of only the first tick of Energy Vampire. you'd also have to remember to stack Viral before Casting Marked for Death - this sounds rather annoying to do in Gameplay but it would certainly work.

things like Shock and Smite would be for their Damage Augments mainly, though with no Duration those would be annoying to use. Smite worms could be useful except with no Duration they'll only be able to hit Enemies that are basically right next to each other.

Larva or Pull does sound plausible, Larva not holding stuff is okay, Enemies have no EHP so they'll probably be dead in a moment after you Cast it and they get dragged anyways.

21 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Maybe some damage reduction? Blessing is a good backup, but if you can't use Link then you may end up getting killed faster than you can spam Blessing at higher levels. Many of the DR skills available from Helminth are nerfed, but I'd say that being able to use Blessing should make up for that. So maybe Defy, Elemental Ward or Molt if you can fit the augment.

That's just what I'd do, you may also want a damage boost.

Just now, taiiat said:

uhh, with just Range and Strength but no Duration.....

i'm going to be a downer and say nothing since nothing is really going to save you when you have no Duration as a Trinity, when the Warframe almost entirely revolves around it.
adding some sort of DR or EHP Ability will help compensate for Link and Blessing being borderline useless though, so i guess that's an avenue you can go for.

i should have probably mentioned that i am using vampire leech, so i get to abuse the heck out of shield gating (toxin is still a danger to me though)

I can pretty much instantly delete any single target with energy vampire (even more so if i put a viral proc or two on them)

• I'm leaning toward fire blast so i can help my team a bit better when it comes to direct combat by stripping a ton of armour.
  • Larva could be used to group enemies together, but without any duration it would not actually hold them in place.
  • Marked for death could be super powerful but i dont know if it actually works with energy vampire (though i dont have any reason to believe it wouldn't).
  • Perspicacity doesn't rely on duration but it's also worthless
  • Rebuild shields would be redundant, given the fact that energy vampire+vampire leech basically outclasses it in every way
  • There are a whole bunch of "direct attack" abilities that don't rely on duration (ice wave, airburst, shock, smite) but I'm not sure any of those would be worth it...

uhh, with just Range and Strength but no Duration.....

i'm going to be a downer and say nothing since nothing is really going to save you when you have no Duration as a Trinity, when the Warframe almost entirely revolves around it.
adding some sort of DR or EHP Ability will help compensate for Link and Blessing being borderline useless though, so i guess that's an avenue you can go for.

Maybe some damage reduction? Blessing is a good backup, but if you can't use Link then you may end up getting killed faster than you can spam Blessing at higher levels. Many of the DR skills available from Helminth are nerfed, but I'd say that being able to use Blessing should make up for that. So maybe Defy, Elemental Ward or Molt if you can fit the augment.

That's just what I'd do, you may also want a damage boost.

Archived