Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time limit for the Ropalolyst fight?

MqToasty

So does anyone know what the actual time limit for this boss fight is?  The first time I fought it, I got timed out at ~30 minutes, and the second time, I got timed out at 23m 5s?
Also, is it too much to ask for the game to show a timer if I'm supposed to be on a timer so I know to hurry up and not listen to the dialog / enjoy the view?

Well, I'm very sure I did not stay put for that long.  And that second time, the "imminent failure" message came up during the 3rd phase of the fight, so I'm sure some summoned adds were killed just seconds before.  Does the fight have another timer or something?

AFAIK, the "imminent failure" message is only from not killing. That doesn't mean you didn't kill something, just that the game didn't register anything as being killed by you.

The Ropalolyst fight is still pretty badly buggy, so I can't say I'm surprised, TBH.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Most missions have a hidden timer that will fail you if you don't kill something at least every 15 minutes or so.

At least until the mission is complete.  Once complete I don't think the game cares how long you stay around since eventually things just stop spawning.

Incorrect if you stay in a mission after completing the objective for 15 mins you will auto fail.

Finally finished it, thanks guys!
So if anyone was wondering, I think the problem was that, using Wukong, I let my Celestial Twin kill the adds.  This time I killed the adds personally (plus played a lot faster) so I did not time out.
But man, that fight was terribly buggy -- Ropalolyst kept clipping through the floor / falling off the platform, and I had to kill that last form 3 or 4 times before it registered the final orbital strike.

Archived