Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's with the godawful timegates for constructing a railjack

Surbusken

Can I assume the white knights in here that aren't saying anything, well, don't have anything to say? lol

You amuse me.

This is an entertainment product, exclusively. What is your point, exactly, do you know? Do you have one? Because I haven't seen a single white knight post coming 2746 yards within making an actual point.

Show me the equation of timegates equals fun. Tell me what facts I am missing, what did I misunderstand?

Timegates aren't just to waste your time, they are actually fun for everyone? Timegates have a functional purpose I just don't know about, well go on and tell me.

I also don't understand the bitter passive aggressive wuss vibe, if you love the game so much and have no problem with x feature, why you are angry? What do you care, you love the timegates remember?

I could only wish the railjack unlock grind was this entertaining =D

11 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Can I assume the white knights in here that aren't saying anything, well, don't have anything to say? lol

You amuse me.

This is an entertainment product, exclusively. What is your point, exactly, do you know? Do you have one? Because I haven't seen a single white knight post coming 2746 yards within making an actual point.

Show me the equation of timegates equals fun. Tell me what facts I am missing, what did I misunderstand?

Timegates aren't just to waste your time, they are actually fun for everyone? Timegates have a functional purpose I just don't know about, well go on and tell me.

I also don't understand the bitter passive aggressive wuss vibe, if you love the game so much and have no problem with x feature, why you are angry? What do you care, you love the timegates remember?

Dude, so many people given you an answer that you just don’t want to accept. When it launched, they put in extreme time gates so players couldn’t rush it. It’s also a massive ship, so if Warframes take 3 days to build, it’s reasonable that a massive ship would take longer.

I don’t see anyone defending the time gates as “fun”. Time gates are just a reality of Warframe’s business model, the game is literally free to play, so if you don’t want to wait out the time gates, you can pay to skip it. Do I think this is the most fun way they could do this? No, but in a game with this much content, there is literally so much else you could be doing while waiting out your railjack.

But no, you’d rather come here and whine about it like a spoiled child. Everyone agrees that time gates suck but it’s time for you to build a bridge and get over it.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Dude, so many people given you an answer that you just don’t want to accept. When it launched, they put in extreme time gates so players couldn’t rush it. It’s also a massive ship, so if Warframes take 3 days to build, it’s reasonable that a massive ship would take longer.

I don’t see anyone defending the time gates as “fun”. Time gates are just a reality of Warframe’s business model, the game is literally free to play, so if you don’t want to wait out the time gates, you can pay to skip it. Do I think this is the most fun way they could do this? No, but in a game with this much content, there is literally so much else you could be doing while waiting out your railjack.

But no, you’d rather come here and whine about it like a spoiled child. Everyone agrees that time gates suck but it’s time for you to build a bridge and get over it.

I am really happy you took the time to type actual attempts at saying something, that was more than I had expected.

Thank you for participating.

I don't know if "white knight" was directed at you specifically or if you felt mentioned, I am merely trying to communicate "bias" in certain people who unreasonably and un-warrented, generically suck-up to developers. Which I feel, directly contrasts the reality of debating facts.

With that out of the way, I have a few follow up questions, to your post.

If you agree, that timegates are as I said, just pointless, meaningless and annoying, with no other purpose than to waste your time, then why are you protesting me bringing it up? What is your investment in me, "not complaining about the facts"?

You'd like to live in a world where we don't complain about the facts, or people don't say what they want to say? What is your dream scenario and why does my complaining enrage you or even concern you at all? Also, who put you in charge of passing judgement on what other people have the right to say? Is that not entitled? What was it they called me again?

If you are happy with the game, why you are complaining? You are happy, right? You don't seem happy? And, if I am not allowed to complain, how are you allowed to complain about me?

lol.

Then you said, the timegates are so you can't rush it... and follow that up by saying, if you don't like that... you can rush it.

Those 2 statements would seem to be the opposite of oneanother? On top of that, I actually believe that you cannot rush it. lol.

You also say, it's reasonable it takes time to build a big ship, but hadn't you just said the fact of the matter is timegates are "just to stall", nothing more?

So timegates have a lore, immersion function, or are they just wasting your time? That's the exact question I was asking, but I am still unsure what you actually think.

Then you say, it's a game with "much content" and "so much to do", but why the timegates then? Couldn't the content carry itself (my original point).

Now you are saying timegates aren't even needed?

Also, the fact that the game is f2p is not in dispute. The debate I opened up, was saying I would like to hear the exact thoughts and reasoning of developers adding 8x time-gates to play a game mode.

My logic, flawed as it might be, is developers releasing new content, are interested in me playing the content. Then they block me from playing. I struggle to compute that.

Whether the game is pvp, off-line, rts or 2D, as such, has no bearing on the point in question, has it?

An arbitrary (pun) time-gate by any other name... If it's a time-gate on a playstation 4 or mac, the point in question was the purpose of timegates.

Lastly, you bring up, probably the most ironic hilariously poetic question.. of any, I have seen in a long time.

"Why would I come in here instead of playing the game?"

Yes! That, is the right question, why is that? Because timegates blocked me from playing the game? lol, I hope this final bit serves as a meta example of the points I brought up.

In an alternate dimension, there were no timegates and I would be in-game playing, we never had this conversation and you wouldn't be angry now.

And whose fault was it. What did the timegates accomplish.

Brb, going to start another time-gate...

/edit

Ps. I hope to have brought up some interesting questions

The gamemode isn't gated though. You can play it any time you like, just on other's ship.

As for "why". Why does a gun in WF takes 12 hours to craft? Why does warframe takes 3 days, and forma - 23 hours?

To create sense of time investment. To make you go and do something else while you wait - again, to create sense of investment. To keep you hooked to the game, and make you return to it over and over. Lifeservice 101. And in case of RJ specifically - to limit amount of individual railjacks, and make people band together in crews. It was supposed to be a coop-heavy gamemode, and that means that, ideally, 3/4 of the playerbase shouldn't have their own railjack.

If there were no time gates in this game, everything the devs try to make would be completed in 1-2 days, then people would forget about it and cry on the forums that there is nothing to do in the game.

Timegates don't equal fun, they just make it so the fun is spread in short bursts over a longer period of time.

I had less of a problem with the timegating and more the issue I wasn't allowed to collect ALL the pieces of the Railjack and just construct it all at once, so all my timegates were consolidated.

I'm fine waiting 3 days for a Warframe to be forged, I can just set and forget, but if they keep asking me to come back and press the go button every 6 hours I'm gonna get irritated.

Pretty sure there was like, 3 warframe quests that did this bullS#&$, bringing things to screeching halt while you waited for one piece to be forged, then a quest, then the next piece.

This would be like trying to a read a book, but the author slaps the book out of your hands after every chapter.
Eventually I'm just going to stop bothering to pick the book back up.

DE needed more time to (not) finish railjack, so they released the dry dock with unreasonably slow progress to keep players occupied.
They didn't change the progression way after release, only shortened the build timers and cut resource requirement.

21 hours ago, Surbusken said:

The really painful, and pointless struggle of fitting a room in the dojo that clips down 2 floors, and of course doesn't explain that to you, and the initial timegate on the blueprint and the timegate on the room itself, aside.

... what is up with adding 6 timegates of 5 hours each? lol.

Of all the meaningless, appalling grinds in warframe this is a joke right? I am just really curious as to whose idea this was and what they were thinking, what was the goal there?

I mean either I will like the gameplay or I won't, what's the point of wasting people's time? They must have had a reason, thinking they adding an inflated sense of appreciation for the content?

It's coming to a point your sense of accomplishment in warframe is how much bs you could cope with, without throwing your pc out the window.

Oh look someone complaining about something that was Made 50% easier than it was on release

3 hours ago, Surbusken said:

You amuse me.

Only a spoiled child would have this train of thought 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

So it’s a you problem. You don’t likes own thing so you want it changed. Especially now that’s it’s been watered down to half of the cost it was before.

Just to clarify when I use terms like "you", "me" etc. we are talking about "me", the player based on the assumption that are certainly universal truth that applies to concept.

For instance, if "I" run "you" over with my car at 180 mp/h, we wait a while, then nerf the speed down to 60 mp/h and "I" run "you" over again, the concept is still the universal factor of what happens when hit by a car, on a general scale.

But again, that isn't even relevant to have to clarfiy, it doesn't connect to the question being brought up.

Because what are you trying to argue, that I am the only one that doesn't like mindless, pointless, timegates? lol

1 minute ago, Surbusken said:

Just to clarify when I use terms like "you", "me" etc. we are talking about "me", the player based on the assumption that are certainly universal truth that applies to concept.

For instance, if "I" run "you" over with my car at 180 mp/h, we wait a while, then nerf the speed down to 60 mp/h and "I" run "you" over again, the concept is still the universal factor of what happens when hit by a car, on a general scale.

But again, that isn't even relevant to have to clarfiy, it doesn't connect to the question being brought up.

Because what are you trying to argue, that I am the only one that doesn't like mindless, pointless, timegates? lol

No your the only one. All the other people who want things handed to them right away are on your side too. “lol”

3 hours ago, Surbusken said:

I am really happy you took the time to type actual attempts at saying something, that was more than I had expected.

Thank you for participating.

I don't know if "white knight" was directed at you specifically or if you felt mentioned, I am merely trying to communicate "bias" in certain people who unreasonably and un-warrented, generically suck-up to developers. Which I feel, directly contrasts the reality of debating facts.

With that out of the way, I have a few follow up questions, to your post.

If you agree, that timegates are as I said, just pointless, meaningless and annoying, with no other purpose than to waste your time, then why are you protesting me bringing it up? What is your investment in me, "not complaining about the facts"?

You'd like to live in a world where we don't complain about the facts, or people don't say what they want to say? What is your dream scenario and why does my complaining enrage you or even concern you at all? Also, who put you in charge of passing judgement on what other people have the right to say? Is that not entitled? What was it they called me again?

If you are happy with the game, why you are complaining? You are happy, right? You don't seem happy? And, if I am not allowed to complain, how are you allowed to complain about me?

lol.

Then you said, the timegates are so you can't rush it... and follow that up by saying, if you don't like that... you can rush it.

Those 2 statements would seem to be the opposite of oneanother? On top of that, I actually believe that you cannot rush it. lol.

You also say, it's reasonable it takes time to build a big ship, but hadn't you just said the fact of the matter is timegates are "just to stall", nothing more?

So timegates have a lore, immersion function, or are they just wasting your time? That's the exact question I was asking, but I am still unsure what you actually think.

Then you say, it's a game with "much content" and "so much to do", but why the timegates then? Couldn't the content carry itself (my original point).

Now you are saying timegates aren't even needed?

Also, the fact that the game is f2p is not in dispute. The debate I opened up, was saying I would like to hear the exact thoughts and reasoning of developers adding 8x time-gates to play a game mode.

My logic, flawed as it might be, is developers releasing new content, are interested in me playing the content. Then they block me from playing. I struggle to compute that.

Whether the game is pvp, off-line, rts or 2D, as such, has no bearing on the point in question, has it?

An arbitrary (pun) time-gate by any other name... If it's a time-gate on a playstation 4 or mac, the point in question was the purpose of timegates.

Lastly, you bring up, probably the most ironic hilariously poetic question.. of any, I have seen in a long time.

"Why would I come in here instead of playing the game?"

Yes! That, is the right question, why is that? Because timegates blocked me from playing the game? lol, I hope this final bit serves as a meta example of the points I brought up.

In an alternate dimension, there were no timegates and I would be in-game playing, we never had this conversation and you wouldn't be angry now.

And whose fault was it. What did the timegates accomplish.

Brb, going to start another time-gate...

/edit

Ps. I hope to have brought up some interesting questions

I do need to correct myself in that RJ time gates cannot be rushed with plat. My mistake there.

As for the rest of your rant, so many players in this thread have given you your answer. Take it or leave it, this is going nowhere productive.

Edit: I think the most hilarious part of your incessant whining is that you aren’t even being stopped from playing the game mode. You can literally go play RJ right this second on someone else’s ship while yours builds.

"I hate people who hate"

That's the peak of your level, so far.

I know I come across arrogant but at the same time what chocie I got, compliment and reinforce backwards self-contradiction thinking?

Just like with the game, there is a problem, we going to talk about it, whether you get offended or can't handle the conversation reality moves forward without you.

Time gating in this game is madness anyway...
We are void demons godlike creatures yet we "pay" an IA to do its f-ng job and wait ages for smth to complete while you could basically rush it...

But i understand DE desperately needs some cash because maybe no one buys platin?
Anyway... then there is clan stuff like color research that can not even be skipped with platin...really? why not? what does take my Dojo workers take so long to research for basic pigments?

Anyway.. time gating is bad... most of the time i lose interest in specific things because of the wait...

47 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

"I hate people who hate"

I know I come across arrogant but at the same time what chocie I got, compliment and reinforce backwards self-contradiction thinking?

Just like with the game, there is a problem, we going to talk about it, whether you get offended or can't handle the conversation reality moves forward without you.

Not just arrogant actually, naive as well. The irony seems lost on you that you call out others for supposedly getting offended by comments and yet you decided to stoop to the predictable and highly un-original defense of calling others white knights because YOU couldn't take the replies you received and it affected your emotions into causing you to lash out. Your question has been answered many times. Suck it up princess, go play on another person's railjack in the meantime if it's such an inconvenience to you. 

2 hours ago, Surbusken said:

"I hate people who hate"

Why do you refuse to acknowledge that you can go play on someone else’s railjack? Because it nullifies your entire complaint? 

3 hours ago, Vyra said:

Time gating in this game is madness anyway...
We are void demons godlike creatures yet we "pay" an IA to do its f-ng job and wait ages for smth to complete while you could basically rush it...

But i understand DE desperately needs some cash because maybe no one buys platin?
Anyway... then there is clan stuff like color research that can not even be skipped with platin...really? why not? what does take my Dojo workers take so long to research for basic pigments?

Anyway.. time gating is bad... most of the time i lose interest in specific things because of the wait...

Well realistically we aren’t gods just kids with abnormal abilities and Oro which prevents us from dying. We have god abilities or we could just thanks snap away our enemies. Research and construction take time because you have to build it. It’s not just being pooped into existence.

Forced waiting, massive resource costs, the sheer number of different resources, absurdly low drop chances/amounts, etc. It all exists for the same reason: To hide the fact that this game only actually offers about 10 hours of real gameplay total. The only reason it seems like thousands of hours is because of all the timewasting mechanics DE piles in.

Basically, its just yet another lie from DE so you can't tell just how little they actually have to sell you. Yet, there are still people that defend it... "Its realistic! Stop being greedy and wait!" Seriously, if I wanted to wait a realistically long time for something, I would go build an actual ship. I could do a hek of a lot more with it than my crappy Railjack, that's for sure. There's a reason I called it the Fist of Unutterable Disappointment.

And that's the real problem with Railjack specifically. Its annoying to have an arbitrary countdown block you from something cool. But when the thing you spent weeks grinding and waiting for ends up being terrible and unfinished? That's unacceptable. Its like waiting in line all night, then bribing your way past the bouncer, only to find out the club is still under construction.

Archived