Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

goto frame?

_Anise_

Saryn for real combat, probably not SP.

Valkyr for endurance and SP.

Loki for cheese and SP.

Ash for getting serious work done and SP.

Pretty much in order of when I choose to take out a frame, based on the difficulty.  Mesa for edge cases. where survivability can/must be sacrificed for defense-like DPS.  Inaros is... interesting. I would put him somewhere between Saryn and Valkyr, because of some synergistic effects with the Mecha set and melee on a Kubrow.  I've put umbral formal on Saryn, Valkyr, Inaros, and Wukong.  Then they nerfed Wukong's 4 into the ground...

Edit - And when they release Harrow Prime, my answer will be Harrow.  I'll make it work; don't care how.  Octavia, Gara, Nidus, and Harrow Prime all in the next year.  Going to be a big year for good frames...

On 2020-10-03 at 2:20 AM, SortaRandom said:

Wukong and Wukong. (Or, should I say, Wukong+Wukong and Wukong+Wukong.)

Mostly because I use melee for 99% of my damage. And WuClone can passively cover entire crowds in Heat+Magnetic+Viral+Radiation procs with a status-built Kuva Nukor, while I use melee for 99% of my damage.

• Absolutely god-tier damage against anything that isn't Status-immune, seemingly regardless of level or Steel Path modifiers
  • Crowd control for days (Kuva Nukor radiation procs)
  • Energy for days (by sheer virtue of hardly using any)
  • Healing for days
  • Bulky enough to take a few hits in Steel Path, but not so bulky that the game becomes boring
  • Oh my god, the MOBILITY!
    Midair bullet jump resets, midair omnidirectional self-catapulting, midair Operator resets, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 😍

The Wukong rework was really great for us mostly-melee-mains, wasn't it? :)

There's no shortage of ways to build him and he's really forgiving. He's in my top 5

Overall, it's probably something like...
1) Atlas (Negative Power Strength Rumblers is my Fashion Frame. If they ever start scaling down to 10% I'll be running around with 10% power strength with him happy as a clam with my adorable little rocklings. I mostly just melee with him while petrifying things for everyone with my little rumblets.)
2) Mag (Yoink/Smash. Pull is love)
3) Wukong (I'm always futzing around with weapons with him. Currently running with Nezha's firewalker, which is awesome, really keeps Cloney alive, and works with cloudwalker so you can skywrite messages and stuff)
4) Gauss (So much fast, he was like...made for me. Currently running him with Xata's whisper and a Supra Vandal because...BEES!)
5) Hildy! (I replaced her little peashooter with Pull and I love the heck out of it.  She can spam pull and just RDD into the pack to insta-max her shields and basically whatever she wants in the middle. Her shields are thicc)

I generally run with the less common PSF/QT/HA holy trinity on everyone but Hildy and just stancedance with whatever melee I'm in the mood for with Healing Return. If I don't have a "BEEG SUCC" ability then I'll have an Exodia Hunt Zaw and of course always Magus Anomaly and lots of speed to make sure there's always mobs handy.

It's PROBABLY more accurate to say I have a playstyle that's heavy on the 'Up close and personal, grind off the shields and use that energy to power cool stuff that scales nicely as the mobs start doing more damage' gameplay loop that used to really favor Atlas' built in PSF passive, but now that we have PSF a lot of other frames can do that same loop really well.

I really dig that DE indulges me while and lets me smash things a lot without forcing me to fully commit to it. I still love wonky combos and fun guns, but there's something cathartic about melee in this game that just hits the spot.

19 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

For most stuff, Inaros because he fits my melee focus (I hate guns, so I have to close the distance to enemies, soaking up the damage on the way in - then I sand-to-face, stab-to-face to restore my health while the group of enemies is CC'd, then I finish them off with quick melee.)

For Spy vaults, Loki.

For Defense, Frost or Wisp

For Survival, Nekros

Those are my go-to's. Situationally for variety, I'll use the others. (I may have forgotten some instances where I use others more frequently... mind is in other games at the moment, while I refresh my enthusiasm in gaming.)

Basically the same with me.....

Loki.....you can stay invisible 90% of the time and with his augment mod you can use any weapon without being detected. Teleport & Decoy is the "Oh...Cr#p Button"...and Radial Disarm is a underestimated ability. Great for Sabotage, Capture, Rescue, Spy and even Exterminate.....probably most versatile all-purpose Frame.

Defense...Frost for his Snow Globes... Khora for her Dome of Chains...Equinox with Mend & Mane... Wisp for her Three Flowers...Oberon with Hallowed Ground and Renewal

Survival....Nekros for Shield of Shadows while able to use Desecrate for extra loot.....Saryn whose all four abilities especially Spores and Toxic Lash can control a whole map.... Baruuk with Desolate Hands and Storm beat everything up.....Wukong because with Two of You, Twin, Defy, Cloud and Fury can wipe out any and everything no matter what....

Steel Path survival = Khora

Isolation Vaults = Octavia

Everything else = Revenant, Hildryn, Frost, Octavia, Khora or Protea pretty much. Will likely get more into Loki and Xaku with some Helminth tweaks. Max ranged Loki with Larva is tons of fun and has great potential for pretty much everything.

I have almost all of them built out with reactors/forma, so I tend to pick what I would consider the "right" frame for the job.  If I'm going into something with any unknowns (like a new quest mission) I will generally take Khora, Protea, Oberon or Baruuk.

Baruuk is usually my go-to for issues on the Steel Path because tank and spank is the solution to most problems in this game.

On 2020-10-03 at 8:02 AM, _Anise_ said:

who is your goto frame and why?

bonus, on steel path & why?

pretty much any  frame considered meta/broken.

Octavia, mesa, khora, ember, saryn.

Or Loki, rhino if you for some reason actually want to use weapons.

Khora

I used to run kuva bramma before ammo nerf, and sure I could run a build that can cover ammo, or I could use a kuva bramma with more range, scales with melee mods, and feels better to use!

also, if I lockdown an entire room, no need to tank because I dont get hit, and her 4 + 1 is pretty much a nuke

only issue is I have problems with energy cause no energize and sometimes have to sacrifice combo counter(naramon), duration, energy, or range depending on my mood to find a balance. 

I have multi Forma builds on almost every frame in the game except Xaku because f**** you Scintillant rng...  I use mostly whatever I'm in the mood for.

I've been playing more mag lately having fun with breech surge synergies... Before the likely inevitable nerf.

Generally, either Revenant, Grendel, or Nekros. Revenant still has like double the percentage used over Grendel atm. Nekros Prime and Grendel are about even. But never Nekros in Steel Path, I've only taken Revenant Grendel. 

Revenant if I want crowd control or need minor nuking, Grendel when CC can be ignored or for things that Mesmer Skin offers little or no protection from like Orbs. Nekros for Desecrate. 

arby pug survival trinity

other Survival banshee (fav play mode)

Spy ivara

Arby defense trinity

other defense Octavia 

mobile defense vauban

excavation vauban

rescue banshee

sabotage banshee

capture banshee

exterminate banshee

The other mission types are dumb I don’t care I avoid them whenever I can

Nezha has been my go-to frame for quite some time. The passive area damage of Firewalker, the defense of Halo, and the mobility of Chakram all suit my playstyle well, and he's generally useful in any mission type. I normally run Reaping Chakram as well for some party support.

Picked up Titania for a while as well once I got a good build for her, and she's the one I take when I want to move thru the map fast, or burn down high-EHP targets, like in disruption. I can more or less stay in Razorwing indefinitely, which makes her very hard to hit so I take little damage, while her buffs turn her into a micro mobile artillery. She's just a lot of fun, though I have found she sometimes struggles against corpus. Need to refine my build or make a corpus-aimed variant.

For Index I have taken up Limbo for bank defense and I like to think I'm at least passably competent with him. High duration and efficiency means I can keep Cataclysm and Stasis up indefinitely, though I generally do not pick up or score points: that's the team's job. I just keep the bank covered. I used to run him with the Kuva Bramma until DE in their infinite wisdom (#sarcasm) decided to give it self-damage and knockdown. Now I use other weapons. I also ran him during Scarlet Spear before DE nerfed him into the ground, and he's still viable for most static missions like Defense, Mobile Defense, and Excavation.

For Steel Path.... oof. For the longest time it was the same; Nezha or Titania. Recently though I've gotten a good build on Nekros Prime that is essentially unkillable, with high health regen and damage reduction, and with Orthos Prime I can very quickly build to a 12x combo multiplier for constant red crits. It's been incredibly entertaining.

Some mission types dont suit those frames though and I need to learn other frames better, but right now that's what I generally default to.

Limbo, cause my weapons cover offense while my frame covers defense, perfectly balanced as everything should be. Same for steel path, where Limbo's abilities shine more. I like him so much cause,
1. I can press a button and be invincible in case I need to attend something irl during a mission
2. Has the strongest cc in the game
3. Is basically a walking Condition Overload with rift torrent, more enemies = more destruction
4. Infinite energy

All this combines into a frame that trivializes 70% of the game and instead just killing enemies you dab on their faces.

Wtf is "goto frame"?
I use all frames with tendency to use new toys (old, bored player)
Atm I use protea and xaku more than the others.
Still, recently I've made breach surge saryn and radial blind +m4d ash and I use them too.
I guess my main if I have one at all (and by game stats too) would be loki.

He is just great frame when you wanna do something specific and want everyone to leave you the the f. alone. 

I use almost all of them depending on the mission, I find it boring using the same ones all the time. I might have a different favourite each month and I prefer the ones with a lot of useful abilities which is why I dont like inaros for example but I enjoy Vauban and Protea. Xaku is also my new fav right now. 

I also like to try a lot of different builds and try to find use for less popular warframes often. 

Archived