Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your surprising Infused Ability Choices (Helminth)?

Duality52

Aside from the Helminth abilities and popular picks such as:

• Roar
  • Larva/Ensnare
  • Dispensary
  • Warcry
  • Smite

For me:

• Petrify

Aside from the Augment, the extra 50% damage bonus does more: it reduces the enemies' damage resistances by 50%. This helps negate Physical and Elemental Enhanced resistances in Sorties. Somewhat expensive, but strong CC to offer too.

• Thermal Sunder

I understand that the ability will deal half (minimum) damage due to how it works with Gauss's Thermokinetic Battery (Passive), but I enjoy its utility. Very easy way to apply a radial Cold/freeze or quick armor strip due to the Heat procs.

• Nourish

Not as sustainable as Bloor Altar/Well of Life or as quick as Operator Arcanes/Waybounds, but still a choice in healing. Bonus Toxin damage helps, but only if it properly applies to abilities.

Which infused abilities did you find surprisingly interesting to use?

1 hour ago, Duality52 said:
  • Nourish

Not as sustainable as Bloor Altar/Well of Life or as quick as Operator Arcanes/Waybounds, but still a choice in healing. Bonus Toxin damage helps, but only if it properly applies to abilities.

Did I miss something?

1. I'm pretty sure this does not work on other abilities.. (Tested on my banshee's Quake to nuke those corpus, Welp didn't work.)
  2. Nourish strike is the only thing that is subsumed. ("+toxin damage" not the heal ones) 

Ember fire blast, good for reducing armor as it is a base 75% Armor Reduction but capped at that as well. (base strength build is good)

I use this on Volt when doing the killing in Sanctuary.

Mag pull on Gara:
She already wants all the stats, but i prefer having a lot of duration which in turn lowers my range. I still want to drag enemies into splinter storm but larva also only has a rather small range. In comes Mag pull with a base range of 24m. It doesnt pull enemies very accurately but they usually all clumsly fly into your range well enough. Cheap and quick to cast aswell.

I replaced Khora's Strangledome with Spetrorage for a standard melee build. I got tired of the basic dome whip build. It was too campy and shield gating is difficult when you run high efficiency whip build. 

I run Spectrosiphon augment and Arcane Eruption. I just cast Spectrosiphon on a pack of ensnared enemies so I have near endless energy orbs and when I pick up an energy orb I blast every enemy within 30m back. It's pretty much an endless cycle of knocking enemies back and then pulling them into a pack. I only use my whip to pull more enemies into an already ensnared pack. 

I only have to build for range and duration since I have near endless energy and none of the abilities I care about scale with strength. I have room for a lot of utility mods like Natural Talent, Prime Sure Footed, Vigilante Pursuit, Rolling Guard and Venari Bodyguard. With base efficiency shield gating is not a problem. 

It's not as efficient as getting 10k+ kills an hour whipping walls for steel essence but it's a lot more fun. 

some of my favorites: 

> harrow with dispensary as 3, built for high duration and strength + infinite 4 augment + imperator Vandal. This is my favorite minigun build. Shreds bosses, shreds groups, keeps you alive (adaptation + insane lifesteal) and can be sustained infinitely (ammo drops, 4 refresh, energy to recast 1 and 2). Very, very fun way to play Harrow.

> banish loki, replacing radial disarm. Loki is now the ultimate spy / rescue frame: Lightning fast, as stealthy as it gets, can make rescuee invincible or abuse savior decoy. Slow, but satisfying.

> savage silence + Excalibur umbra Chromablade. It... Doesn't get simpler than this.

Mind Control for my Chroma. It helps tremendeously with Profit Taker because it can actually divert the Boss’s aggro and corpus mobs so she doesn’t bombard me with homing missiles that can one shot a fully buffed Chroma in 1 burst and keep those mobs from staggering me all of the time. 

12 hours ago, UdsUds said:

Nourish strike is the only thing that is subsumed. ("+toxin damage" not the heal ones) 

I don't have anything Helminthed, but Nourish's heal on Grendel is part of the base ability.  i.e., it happens regardless of whether one selects Strike, Energy, or Armor.  So it should work on subsumed Nourish, and if it didn't I'd bug report it.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't have anything Helminthed, but Nourish's heal on Grendel is part of the base ability.  i.e., it happens regardless of whether one selects Strike, Energy, or Armor.  So it should work on subsumed Nourish, and if it didn't I'd bug report it.

I guess I really miss something.

I tested it while back on my Banshee thou I didn't notice any heal so I removed it. Luckily I can try it with my Frost and see if it heals. (If the heals are good I can maybe remove healing return on my melee)

Maybe it's because of the community's penchant for hyperbole. But Mindcontrol is actually...serviceable. Is it great? No. Is it good? Might not even call it that.

But it's still a massive improvement over trash like Terrify, non-scaling nukes, etc. It has a long duration and the puppet takes hits.

Keep in mind I'm only answering this in context of the title asking for surprising ability choices.

Even though Breach Surge don’t surprise me that much, what i found surprising is how effective Garuda + that Ability is with Zenistar. The Disc makes the sparks jump from enemy to enemy constantly by the damage ticks and since Seeking Talons give you slash procs, you can kill the enemies by making them bleed out by the sparks. Since Relentless Combination works with it’s Disc, i could make the next throw of it’s Heavy Attack last longer, probably longer than old Zenistar. Breach Surge Garuda makes Zenistar worth while again but only her could do it.

8 hours ago, NovusKnight said:

banish loki

Where do you use the Banish?

13 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Ore Gaze on Nekros, cuz loot is loot.

So you petrify enemies, wait for the Ore gaze to drop the loot, and destroy enemies, getting another loot with the Nekros' Desecrate? Am I right?

Do the enemies that get broken into pieces by the Ore gaze (more body parts on the ground) gets another loot?
I'm asking because I heard someone said it doesn't work.

As for OP:
I like to put the Nezha's Firewalker on "movement abilities". You move and spread fire. It's not very powerful but interesting/good enough.
So far, I've tried the Firewalker with: the Revenant's Reave, the Grendel meatball. I bet it would work with Rhino's but I get the feeling it would be counterproductive as you move enemies from you.

I HIGHLY suggest you trying these, they are really fun.

• Radial Blind (Nyx, Volt, Revenant)

Comes with high base stats, and opens enemies for finishers and adds stealth damage multiplier for melees so it's great.

Volt: Now after I activate Discharge with it's augment, I use Radial Blind to blind them and get more damage. Replaced Volt's 1st Ability.

Nyx and Revenant: Basically immortal warframes why not giving them more dmg. Replaced Revenant's 4th ability and Nyx's 1st ability.

• Ensnare (Hildryn, Revenant)

Groups up enemies, good for nuking weapons.

Revenant: Grouping enemies, then shooting Viral Nukor on them to deal more dmg to the group of enemies, then I press 3 and the enemies disappear. Replaced Revenant's 4th ability.

Hildryn: 2 synergies:

• Balefire - group up enemies and one shot them with Hildryn's exalted weapon. Replaced 4th ability
  • Blazing Pillage and Mutalist Cernos - Group up enemies, shoot Mutalist Cernos arrow at them, hit melee twice or even once and they're all dead, also after grouping them, make sure to activate Pillage while Haven is active so they get one more status effect on them. Replaced Hildryn's 4th ability.

I modded Mutalist cernos for viral and fire rate (no dmg mods needed), Mutalist Cernos will apply a toxin proc regardless of what elements you put, if you mod for viral it can proc either toxin OR viral, and if above 100% status you can proc both at the same shot. Split Flights mod is really recommended.

• Fire blast (Saryn, Nezha, Volt)

Saryn: With the Fire Blast augment, you get better healing than Regenerative Molt, 75% armor strip as well, enemies getting knocked down. Replaced Saryn's 2nd Ability.

Nezha: Using Reaping Chakram augment along with Equilibrium mod and Synth Fiber, also Health Conversion, I use Fire Blast on enemies, then I cast chakram on them, then they're vulnerable for 205% more dmg because of my build, and are stripped 75% of their armor, so I get an insane amounts of orbs dropping to the point where you get more energy than you spend. Replaced Nezha's 4th ability.

Volt: Example: casting Fire Blast 2-3 times at level 140 corrupted heavy gunners at simulcarum, and then casting Discharge, can kill those lvl 140s in 5 seconds. Replaced Volt's 1st ability.

Spectrorage on Loki, replacing Switch Teleport. It's nowhere near being meta or something, but it sparkled my interest in playing Loki so much that I think I'm gonna main him.

It feels like that skill was made for Loki and not Gara, fits thematically too.

Usually those mirrors are too weak to sustain damage at high levels and that's what you should be using Radial Disarm for.

And when you cast your fragile Decoy inside Spectrorage, the entire room diverts its attention to the decoy and runs at it (if disarmed) , only to get charmed by the mirror (the mirror aggro overrides the decoy one, keeping the decoy untouched). With Spectrosiphon it's basically infinte energy.

Again, it's not perfect and requires attention and that's probably the reason why I like it. It's a level of engaging gameplay that stands out from the typical 'nuke everything because power fantasy' and I wasn't expecting it to come from Loki, a frame that I always labeled as probably the most monotonic and one-sided. 

Banish would be great too, but Loki already has a built in mechanic that allows him to make his decoy invincible, plus it suffers from the intrinsic game mechanics of maximum aggro-able enemies. Still very good on paper though.

Fire Blast is lovely. Such a forgiving skill since it relies on nothing to be effective, aside from staying at neutral 100% range pretty much.

Elemental Ward (heat) on Khora Steel Path survival builds. Easy solution for a full heal to Khora, Venari, companion and possible specter of choice. Just use it whenever the duration runs out to keep things topped off.

Breach Surge Saryn. Very demanding build (my Saryn now has 10 forma tywm) it gives saryn that extra kick in form of Dps/Cc burst, burning and blinding thru enemies health and making them go down faster (they need to be spored +miasmaed first, range is quite limited even on max range Saryn, and you need Power Str too) - 

It succeeds in being interesting to play and giving an extra edge to already badass frame (and no DE, there is nothing wrong in having one or two great killer frames in game filled to the brim by enemies) without being "OP".

Still you sacrifice molt which was also useful power, you get very good power by sacrificing "good" power so gain is not massive. But it's there.

Archived