Companion not lvling up

Question

I'm leveling up a robot companion and I am annoyed it should have already after many times doing solo survival fissure missions it should have reach lvl 30 by now. Only best progress I've made is in puplic matches.

Any here too have problems lvling up their companions after forma or just getting a new one?

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Shieldmaiden83 said:

best progress I've made is in puplic matches

Like with weapons, you need to either get kills with that piece of equipment (i.e the MOA needs to kill stuff),
or, better yet, you need to leech off benefit from other players' kills to easily get more Affinity than you could on your own.

Companions using certain Precepts also gives Affinity, but the amount pales to what a full Squad (or one OP nuke Frame, heh) can contribute.

Companion leveling is kinda badly designed

The companion gets no benefit from your kill assists

only from Other Players assists.

So, they don't really level up when playing Solo.

The system actually works best if you leech off other players.

... and leeching isn't that cool... DE oughta redo how companion points get distributed...

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, (PS4)Shieldmaiden83 said:

Well just did another solo survival mission. Its still #*!%ing slow even as I rearranged some mods this little stupid Helios Prime still is slow lvling up its S#&$. And I've been playing this game for 2 years now this is just annoying.

your problem is that "solo" all of your kills do not go to the companion

• Like 1

Ur companion only benefits from leeching affinity from other players kill, or any 'objective completed' affinity earned, as completing a vaults in a spy mission.

That said, u can join a leveling squad with a nuke frame(fastest way imo), or do lvl30+ spy runs that takes about 6 runs(w/booster)

10 hours ago, (PS4)Shieldmaiden83 said:

Any here too have problems lvling up their companions after forma or just getting a new one?

It's not problem with forma'ed things. In general companion doesn't do too much. I heard you can mod your sentinel to be a killer... but that might be after few forma.
One way to deal with leveling up your companion is to go to high-level spy, and don't raise an alarm. If you have xp booster it will level up your companion in no time.
ps. of course good frame would be helpful. Although "the Lazy spy Ivara" is not for a new players.

as others have mentioned, running missions with a full squad is the quickest way to level up a companion.

If, however, you don't want/cant run in a squad, a decent alternative is running spy missions; I'm pretty sure the xp earned from completing a spy vault is spread between all of your equipped items, just make sure to remain undetected for more xp and also do high-level spy missions (the earlier spy missions award far less xp for completing a spy vault)

@quixer's response was right above mine the whole time i was typing this and i did not even notice, haha

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel

It seems like it was easier to do back in the day.   Companions should get the same amount of affinity as whatever you generate.  But it seems like that was ripped out.   Now its only what they can generate and what they can leech from others.  

If you can do a full rotation of any endless with randoms thats enough to max out.

If you're intent on doing the leveling solo, Spy missions with only one weapon equipped are probably your best bet.  Avoid alarms in the vaults to maximize affinity.

Otherwise, Mobile Defense or something with an objective is also an option.  Objective Affinity is divided among all equipment.  In Both cases, the farther in the star chart you can run missions, the better.

But the solo options are (almost always) gonna be slower than hitting up almost any mission in a group.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Shieldmaiden83 said:

I'm leveling up a robot companion and I am annoyed it should have already after many times doing solo survival fissure missions it should have reach lvl 30 by now. Only best progress I've made is in puplic matches.

Yeah, doing solo survivals / ext, ..., it's really lame for leveling companions.

You have some few options to lvl up your companions.

• Doing Railjack missions
  • Joining public squads on some popular defenses missions like Helene / Hydron, Sanctuary Onslaught/ Elite and let people kill enemies so you can benefit from shared affinity.
  • Spy missions.

Good luck!

Edited by -Francesco.pe