Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should happen at Mastery 30?

My question and answer can be odd here but let me ask something.

Think about this

What were we given for completing the entire steel path?.

I don't think we even got a nod from Teshin. So keep your expectations low brother.

My idea for MR30 though as i would love to see.

A special message from DE for the dedication in the inbox. Along with a glyph / armor set.

1 minute ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Please no, god please no.
If MR30 is not the cap I will probably quit. 
I've been grinding mastery so I just can feel like "It is done" after MR30
If it keeps going then I will never feel like "It is done" and I will probably end up quitting
This is the specific emotion I'm talking about: 
it-is-done.jpg                   

You carry a burden!

hace 18 horas, DrivaMain dijo:

I have a feeling the next update Update: 30 has something to do with MR 30 and maybe beyond. I am not expecting much, maybe just some cool cosmetics. But if DE is willing to include a special power item behind it prepare for a massive backlash.

Mind #*!%ing blown
I would like to add that the Duviri Paradox and the grown up Operators probably have something to do with MR30

Honestly I just want MR30 to be the cap, so I can play to get and upgrade the stuff I like and not EVERYTHING. 
If MR30 is not the cap I will quit the game, and I don't want to. 

1 hour ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Mind #*!%ing blown
I would like to add that the Duviri Paradox and the grown up Operators probably have something to do with MR30

Honestly I just want MR30 to be the cap, so I can play to get and upgrade the stuff I like and not EVERYTHING. 
If MR30 is not the cap I will quit the game, and I don't want to. 

Lol.... Umm. Well, only you can make that decision for you. But... If you really think mastery is going to end forever at 30 I've got a bridge to sell you. Also there is zero chance of them locking something so important like adult operators or the entire duviri paradox at MR 30. You have set up an utterly delusional expectation for yourself and you have only yourself to blame for that. This is a live service game, there is no end, there is no satisfaction of "I'm done now". You either keep progressing with the game until it dies or quit before then. Live service games only stop things like mastery if they are shutting down. You think you are going to get to MR 30 and game rolls credits for you? Nope. You are never done until the game is unless you abandon it. Did you really think it would be this easy tenno? Watch DE release 30 more ranks.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Graceful_Lancer said:

Also the two ideas I'm loving the thought of from what I've seen here are the removal of the daily standing cap from syndicates, and Forma no longer resetting the rank of anything it's applied to.

Those are 10/10 ideas.

The cap should of been gone a long time ago. Nothing more annoying than waiting for them to reset when your in the zone for x faction grinding lol. The forma idea would be truly gaming changing.

I think 30 should be the end. we all know MR is not indicative of skill, and people would also have a bit more freedom as to what new items they want to level, instead of doing all of them because MR. let it be the point wehre we can say we achieved it, and then move on to something else. as for what to get as a reward:

On 2020-10-04 at 4:32 AM, (PS4)Graceful_Lancer said:

The Mastery Test is totally unique from all previous ones. Such as a unique boss fight, like an epic duel against Teshin where we aren't able to use abilities and our equipment is restricted. Or perhaps a totally new and unique foe to fight.

I'd be fine with the concept, but can we really trust DE to make the fight fun and interesting? Teshin will probably have Invul phases, weak point phases, stupid dash attacks that give you 0.00001 seconds to dodge or get one-hit etc. I would however like his Dual Nikana as a reward, they can be a status symbol and have really good stats, as you need to do a lot to get them.

A unique Ephemera.

A unique Syandana.

A unique Glyph, Landing Craft, and Landing Craft Decoration.

^ these 3 seem the most likely IMO, minus the Landing Craft part, that requires a little effort on DE's part.

A completely unique social space, similar to a Relay, that is only accessible to MR 30 players. I'm picturing a tranquil garden or a traditional wooden dojo.

no thanks, simply because we already have Iron Wake, which is never used outside of Riven Sliver trade-ins. another useless hub area with no functions for Syndicates or Baro is just a waste of dev time.

A Warframe that is just for MR 30 players. Nothing overpowered, just something unique. I know this one is unreasonable, but still.

heh, if only. it could have access to every ability in game, including Helminth and you could give it 4 ult powers if you wanted, or just give it a button that literally kills all enemies on the map instantly and completes the mission for you. 

On 2020-10-04 at 10:01 AM, Kel_Silonius said:

removal of daily standing cap.

jack nicholson laughing GIF

you and I both know that's not gonna happen. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)Graceful_Lancer said:

I'm right there with you, my friend. I don't think I can honestly continue after MR 30. Seven years of grinding has been enough. I've put in my time and effort.

I understand that's what your heart wants, but what do you really expect them to do?

This is a live service game. Do you ever expect them to do anything that will let you out of the hamster wheel? They have no desire to free you. 

On 2020-10-04 at 12:22 AM, Neumeier said:

While I agree that I think there should be something special for Mastery Rank 30 players, beyond the normal benefits you get from Ranking up, I don't agree that it should be cosmetic. i.e. a Syandana, or an Ephemera. I wrote on this in another thread, but what keeps players coming back to Warframe is progression. Whether that progression is earning platinum, rivens, MRs, or fashion frame. That being said the players who do achieve MR 30 are more likely players that are attracted to grinding and stat progression. An analogy would be the players that are over a 1000 in their paragon levels in Diablo 3, or SHD level in Division 2. As level 30 represents what could be considered the end of that progression in Warframe I don't believe that the majority of the players that do achieve that lofty goal are also in the same catergory of valuing fashion progression. The best thing that could happen at MR 30 is a new system that opens up that allows for continued stat progression. Whether in the form of MR 31, special mods that unlock at certain intervals, like the daily login system, or something absolutely existential like a secondary focus system or adult operators. Something that will keep players, the grindy stat gremlins, that have hit rank 30 invested in the continued progression of the game. Because if there's nothing past MR 30, there will be greatly diminished need for those players to adopt new content because any affinity that they might gain would be useless.

You sure you play the same game as the rest of us? I've been playing for 6 years and new stuff is all that keeps me playing. No new stuff comes out I quit playing until new stuff does, then I play until I've got everything new then rinse and repeat. Pretty sure that's a lot of high MR people.

23 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Maybe a personalized Thank You letter from the DE staff? 

I can already see: 'Thank you XY registered loser for playing our game, you've been playing for over 5K hours, don't forget to take a break.' 

*insert trollface Clem picture here*

23 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I can already see: 'Thank you XY registered loser for playing our game, you've been playing for over 5K hours, don't forget to take a break.' 

*insert trollface Clem picture here*

I remember from the old Freespace 2 game :P

"Congratulations. You have earned your place in the highest echelon of allied leadership. Your character, courage, and genius are an inspiration to us all. On behalf of the GTVA Security Council and General Assembly, I hereby confer upon you the prestigious rank of Admiral. Now go read a book."

3 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

I remember from the old Freespace 2 game :P

"Congratulations. You have earned your place in the highest echelon of allied leadership. Your character, courage, and genius are an inspiration to us all. On behalf of the GTVA Security Council and General Assembly, I hereby confer upon you the prestigious rank of Admiral. Now go read a book."

Books are the one true endgame.

At this point in time I expect nothing from DE. A reward for just acquiring another, a higher MR level it just seems something that DE would not do because it would not cater to the newer players. DE has show and will continue to show that after a certain point they do not care about players who have reached a certain point in Warframe. Helminth System from MR15 down to MR8 what a joke it was to see that happen in front of all us endgame/vet players. Ah but yeah, I guess it would be neat if there was something "special" to get/happen but I highly doubt it. Like someone said, don't get your hopes up, specially with anything that involves DE and their decisions. 

parks and recreation sigh GIF

3 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

You sure you play the same game as the rest of us? I've been playing for 6 years and new stuff is all that keeps me playing. No new stuff comes out I quit playing until new stuff does, then I play until I've got everything new then rinse and repeat. Pretty sure that's a lot of high MR people.

I cannot infer how many people are or are not close to MR 30. However thank you for emphasizing my point of a need for progression in this game to keep people interested.

Archived