Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't protea also rewind secondary weapon charges?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

So i was using the trumna, and the spelcrum right? And i had this idea, why not have temporal anchor rewind the secondary fire charges to the point they were when i activated TA?

It makes TA a lot more demanding to use as these fire modes are very powerful.

And it's such a nice harmless change to rewind charges that surely rewards you for spending that much energy on TA

21 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s too much work for an ability that’s just going to get subsumed out the majority of the time.

But that's exactly the reason why it should get more work, people don't care about it much

The helminth is supposed to shed some light on abilities that players get rid of, and see why they get rid of it

Protea is a strong example because Temporal anchor is her lore ability, it's very important in her design

On 2020-10-04 at 11:00 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Good spot. Likely an oversight. Hopefully it gets fixed if it is the case.

It's either huge oversight or it just the way it "should work".
Afair the TA rewinds health/shield, ammo, procs and energy. There are some weapon that has some kind of inner state (e.g. Telos boltace's slide timer, or Sindicate weapons' charges/cooldowns) that are not reseted. I posted suggestion about it somewhere....

On 2020-10-04 at 8:45 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Don’t over complicate this ability. 

It's more fix than overcomplicating. This ability should rewind time, hence, not only ammo/health/shield/proc should be restored to the former state.

14 hours ago, quxier said:

It's either huge oversight or it just the way it "should work".

Tbh with DE these days any change is completely intended due to not previously working "as intended". When people overuse the same words over and over those words start to lose their meaning and look like an excuse they slap on everything left and right.

In other words, might be an oversight, might actually be intended or not. We'll never truly know, sadly.

On 2020-10-06 at 5:18 PM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Protea is a strong example because Temporal anchor is her lore ability, it's very important in her design

It's relevant in her lore, but it's not important in her design at all. It fulfills no function in her overall gameplay loop, unlike her other three abilities. 

While I wouldn't mind this QoL buff, I don't think I'd like it either (too much micromanagement for too little benefit), and I don't think it'd be enough.

3 hours ago, Colyeses said:
On 2020-10-06 at 5:18 PM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

It's relevant in her lore, but it's not important in her design at all. It fulfills no function in her overall gameplay loop, unlike her other three abilities. 

The Temporal anchor fulfill niche roles.

9 hours ago, quxier said:

The Temporal anchor fulfill niche roles.

13 hours ago, Colyeses said:

While I wouldn't mind this QoL buff, I don't think I'd like it either (too much micromanagement for too little benefit), and I don't think it'd be enough.

well, i use it to literally have infinite 12x heavy attack shots with my stropha, so it's not useless, just needs a small amount if creativity.

also probably an augment

Archived