Jump to content

☆Let's be honest Warframe is alot more fun solo outside of farming☆


Recommended Posts

Mainly solo for me (the majority of my time has been solo) - I don't mind taking longer to get things done and I have no burning desire to get all the things straight away (still farming Panthera Prime and Karyst for example). Multi player may be way more efficient, but, for me, it's at the cost of enjoying the game. If you're not host you're usually just running along at the back picking stuff up and you may as well take any old frame and weapon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

When that weapon came out, every single mission I tried to play in public had explosions going off around me all the time. It was so incredibly frustrating.

i have good news sir.

you no longer have to worry about that weapon, they fixed that sh*t :)

(and by fixed i don't mean nerfed to the ground, now it just no longer nukes the whole map with that frustrating explosion that erases from the existence your fps)

 

you may consider to check the co-op again sir.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed this too. When playing solo I can actually just stand there and watch my abilities and interact with the enemies and content. When playing with others, it's just speed racing RUSH RUSH RUSH to the finish line.

I had someone telling me that my build was underpowered because I put mind control on it. I've got over 3,000 hours into this game. After a certain point, you stop caring about min/maxing and you just want to do stuff that's weird and unusual for fun. Like couch oberon. Or just stand there watching enemies do the ants dance in a scarab swarm.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Random co-op is hit and miss. I generally only co-op relics for obvious reasons. I did the entire railjack map solo and had a blast then went public and it was a nightmare. Like everything with friends warframe is generally a better game otherwise solo all the way. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy queuing for group stuff like Defense, Disruption, Excavations, etc, but stuff that's primarily riding on success/fail, I tend to do solo. Spy missions for Sorties especially, since you can't miss a single vault.

 

I've had mixed reaction to hosting Railjack missions, since sometimes folks will listen, and other times they're doing dumb stuff that intentionally fails the mission.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

I noticed this too. When playing solo I can actually just stand there and watch my abilities and interact with the enemies and content. When playing with others, it's just speed racing RUSH RUSH RUSH to the finish line.

I had someone telling me that my build was underpowered because I put mind control on it. I've got over 3,000 hours into this game. After a certain point, you stop caring about min/maxing and you just want to do stuff that's weird and unusual for fun. Like couch oberon. Or just stand there watching enemies do the ants dance in a scarab swarm.

Indeed i actually wrote a thread regarding Helminth system because i felt it went against making wierd builds for fun over min maxing. I love putting quiver on frames for the lols.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HoustonDragon said:

I enjoy queuing for group stuff like Defense, Disruption, Excavations, etc, but stuff that's primarily riding on success/fail, I tend to do solo. Spy missions for Sorties especially, since you can't miss a single vault.

 

I've had mixed reaction to hosting Railjack missions, since sometimes folks will listen, and other times they're doing dumb stuff that intentionally fails the mission.

Cannot wait for the rail jack update that gives i believe commander perk list. It should make all rail jack very doable solo without much issue.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm almost exclusively a solo player. Only used to level frames at Hydron but haven't been doing even that for some time. It's just too convenient to be able to pause the game if you don't feel like playing mid-mission or if a song popped into your mind and you wanted to look it up. Also, when you're by yourself you either carry yourself to victory or have yourself to blame so no room for any drama.

After grinding for Ember I did wish many times how nice it'd be to have the better odds of relic stuff you get in a group, though. Grinding and opening over thirty rads isn't very engaging nor fun.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Solo all the way; not having to deal with other people is truly a wonderful thing. ignorance is bliss, and Isolation is Heaven (though I'm sure many will disagree given the last 7 months or so xD, but I'm a dedicated introvert, so meh). no toxic individuals, no mistakes, no lag, no problems! 

I do public on occasion, usually if it's a quick mission I can do myself anyway, and for modes I dislike such as Interception. the important thing to remember of course is that RANDOMS WILL NOT ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU WANT, something which so many people tend to forget these days. go in with Zero expectations, and you come out with all the rewards: that's the way to do it!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 21 Minuten schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

go in with Zero expectations, and you come out with all the rewards: that's the way to do it!

for most missions that is not a problem but since the first open world. where my expierence was most of the time if you dont do it noone will and the bounties get more tasks the more player there are so well that is kinda bad.

but i could go with Zero expectations like i dont even care if we finish even the first step of the bountie well yeah that would not be fun failing bounties over and over. and most of the  star map missions you just cant realy fail even if people do nothing and thats fine.

Edited by Keiyadan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of replies in this thread decently shows that raids or any forced CO-OP will never be accepted by the community.

Keep this in mind when developing new gamemodes DE..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BRZZAFK said:

I will remain solo untill they fix the terrible lag when you use Transference in pub mission.

We would need them to move away from p2p to a server base setup. Otherwise our lag will always be dictated on how well the host can handle the load and how much usage their net has.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you play with a team, you pretty much inevitably end up being a leech. There isn't any challenge in this game that actually requires multiple participants, so someone always ends up getting left out. I have played plenty of defense or survival missions where I literally just sat my character down, and went to go grab a drink or something for a couple minutes, and suffered no ill consequences for it at all.

And even when you actually do try to participate, it doesn't matter. Play a nuker? There aren't enough kills to go around. Play a healer? All your teammates are nigh invulnerable. Play CC? Your teammates kill everything much faster. There's always someone doing your job better than you.

Every one of us is a one man army. And there is no reason to bring four entire armies to a battle. Most team based games, Like Overwatch or whatever, give each character specific strengths and weaknesses. No one can do everything, so that other players can fill the gaps to make a complete team. Each character is a piece of the pie chart, and you need to figure out the right combination to fill in as much of the circle as possible.  Warframe kind of worked like this a long time ago, but then DE started giving every frame powers from every role, and let powercreep run rampant with our weapons. So now, everyone can do everything, and everyone is a full circle on their own. So there's no room for teamwork, because there are no gaps to fill.

If DE wants to make teamwork actually matter again, there are going to have to be some serious nerfs done. No more nigh unkillable nukers and apocalyptic death guns. Each frame needs to be a glass cannon, or low DPS tank, something with strengths AND weaknesses. And, we need more actual meaningful reasons to use specific tools. Equipment that works in defense missions should not be just as effective at exterminate missions. But, all that will mean completely dismantling and rebuilding the entire game. So its never going to happen. Unless they actually decide to make a sequel, which a this point, is the only way I see for them to fix any of the major problems with this game.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teljaxx said:

If you play with a team, you pretty much inevitably end up being a leech. There isn't any challenge in this game that actually requires multiple participants, so someone always ends up getting left out. I have played plenty of defense or survival missions where I literally just sat my character down, and went to go grab a drink or something for a couple minutes, and suffered no ill consequences for it at all.

And even when you actually do try to participate, it doesn't matter. Play a nuker? There aren't enough kills to go around. Play a healer? All your teammates are nigh invulnerable. Play CC? Your teammates kill everything much faster. There's always someone doing your job better than you.

Every one of us is a one man army. And there is no reason to bring four entire armies to a battle. Most team based games, Like Overwatch or whatever, give each character specific strengths and weaknesses. No one can do everything, so that other players can fill the gaps to make a complete team. Each character is a piece of the pie chart, and you need to figure out the right combination to fill in as much of the circle as possible.  Warframe kind of worked like this a long time ago, but then DE started giving every frame powers from every role, and let powercreep run rampant with our weapons. So now, everyone can do everything, and everyone is a full circle on their own. So there's no room for teamwork, because there are no gaps to fill.

If DE wants to make teamwork actually matter again, there are going to have to be some serious nerfs done. No more nigh unkillable nukers and apocalyptic death guns. Each frame needs to be a glass cannon, or low DPS tank, something with strengths AND weaknesses. And, we need more actual meaningful reasons to use specific tools. Equipment that works in defense missions should not be just as effective at exterminate missions. But, all that will mean completely dismantling and rebuilding the entire game. So its never going to happen. Unless they actually decide to make a sequel, which a this point, is the only way I see for them to fix any of the major problems with this game.

If anything sums up the entire point of this thread it's probably this well worded and thought out comment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah nowadays i just play solo.

I like taking my time going through missions, title sets and exploring every nook and cranny. Trying out each weapon, testing Helmith combos etc.

Just find blazing through everything kinda boring.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...