Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Rank Limit

Codename6490

So last week I hit rank 60 for my Glassmaker nightwave and I can't go any higher. That means no more Nightwave tokens for me... Can we get that fixed, at least for future Nightwave? I want to keep earning rewards and we're not even in the final state of this Nightwave.

There is no good solution for this, for the current season atleast. Nightwave is currently a failure as a whole, regardless if they increase the cap or not. They need to have the entire season ready by the time they launch it. This time they didnt even have the second episode ready on launch.

If it was me i would change the system so have bundles of challenges and give u a predetermined reward for each bundle you finish, this way we can get rid of the rank for reward entirely and remove that, or we could say how many sets you finished!

15 hours ago, OrionHardy84 said:

I don't get why there needs to be a cap at all. Just let it go on indefinitely, it's not like it's system that can be abused by over farming.

This! I'd really like to engage with the Nightwave challenges, even if i dont get alot out of it, it still keeps me busy doing stuff.

On 2020-10-04 at 10:30 PM, Codename6490 said:

So last week I hit rank 60 for my Glassmaker nightwave and I can't go any higher. That means no more Nightwave tokens for me... Can we get that fixed, at least for future Nightwave? I want to keep earning rewards and we're not even in the final state of this Nightwave.

If I remember correctly we had this issue with one of the previous nightwave seasons. Clearly the developers did not learn.

16 hours ago, OrionHardy84 said:

I don't get why there needs to be a cap at all. Just let it go on indefinitely, it's not like it's system that can be abused by over farming.

Not going to lie. I assumed that they learnt from this in the past and was going to allow us to rank up the prestige levels indefinitely. But you know what they say about making assumptions....

42 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

This! I'd really like to engage with the Nightwave challenges, even if i dont get alot out of it, it still keeps me busy doing stuff.

The main reason I am still doing nightwave challenges is that the UI often buggs out during long missions, leaving the "incomplete challenge" banner on the screen of the rest of the mission. I've hit level 60 (technically, 30+60) a few weeks ago, so, as it stands, there's really no benefit for me in doing Nightwave challenges other than working around DE's bugs.

The correct solution would be for Nightwave season to actually end in a reasonable time (like seasons 1,2 - 2-3 months is long enough). But if DE want them to last for 6-7-8 months, the rewards need to be adjusted accordingly.

On 2020-10-05 at 2:28 PM, VoidArkhangel said:

Strange... I just hit rank 66 and from what happened the past season I think the cap is at least 90

that was just that intermission season, they did that because the next season was delayed. nevermind i just checked, you are right

I personally think they should just scrap the bonus ranks entirely and instead just make it so once you hit 30 the nightwave challenges themselves start awarding small quantities of season credits instead of XP

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the prestige cap of 60 reveals poor game design.  Evidently they never catered for the fact that Nightwave can end up running way over what was ever intended as a duration.  I hit the cap a couple of weeks ago but I didn't know there was going to be a cap.  You can still grind that last level 60 but it will yield no returns (shows bad game design right there).  I was caught out with very little nitain extract and now I'm unable to build anything that uses it until when... next year?  This has been annoying enough that this is the first time I've ever posted on this forum.

If it just ended at prestige 60 and we knew it ended at prestige 60, that would be one thing. You will recall that they suddenly extended prestige ranks from 30 to 60 on a previous Intermission and when they did, suddenly I got the credit from randomly completed challenges that were ‘overflow’ done after I capped.

If you encounter some glass Aholes in mission you will see in the post mission summary that the game is tracking your progress past prestige 60. So this is doubly awful; do I keep doing challenges on the off chance they extend it to 90 prestige ranks or do I assume that 60 prestige ranks is the hard cap and then miss out of crystal creds when they end up extending prestige ranks to 90? I’m currently on prestige 77 by total standing. It’s reasonable to assume that glassmaker could go on long enough for 30 or more extra prestige ranks would be attainable. That’s a fair number of potatoes or kuva.

Either no cap or HARD cap. It drives me crazy knowing the game is tracking my overage without knowing if it will ever be applied. Crystal creds aren’t that valuable, it’s just the principle of the thing.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that they were actually aiming that doing ~60-70% of the weekly challenges should allow you to reach rank 30?(not sure if this is true)

Currently we're probably sitting on ~25% so that goal is not even close to being reached. I think their changes to the worth of each challenge really came back to bite them, given how many threads I've seen about this topic.

On 2020-10-05 at 5:47 PM, OrionHardy84 said:

Removing the cap would be the most fair solution IMO. It might look a bit insane having people reach rank 120+ of prestige, showing how the actual rewards are worth less than a 5th of the challenges. Although we are already at only a 3rd of the ranks being scripted, and even a few of those are just cred packets.

On 2020-10-05 at 11:47 AM, OrionHardy84 said:

Right. Your amount of tasks per day/week is already capped to begin with, which hard caps how many points you can get in given day or week/cycle anyways. 

It really doesn't make sense. I understand DE is a really fly by the seat of their pants company and that has been both a strength and a weakness for them at various times, but if they are going to wing it and not have the story and assets ready for seasons before they start them, they should at least remove the cap so people don't get so frustrated. 

8 hours ago, timbo_james said:

Either no cap or HARD cap. It drives me crazy knowing the game is tracking my overage without knowing if it will ever be applied. Crystal creds aren’t that valuable, it’s just the principle of the thing.

This tracking that you see in the "end-of-mission" screen is just an artifact of how they implemented it (that's a polite phrase for "bug").

During Intermission 2, I got to prestige rank 30 a few weeks before they raised the cap to 60, and had the same tracking going all in the background (although invisibly because there were no glassed enemies). Then after they raised it I immediately got the next 10 or so ranks just from the "banked up" standing.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Your amount of tasks per day/week is already capped to begin with, which hard caps how many points you can get in given day or week/cycle anyways. 

Technically, the hard cap is quite a bit higher then you think: the standing you can get per week from tasks (7*1000 + 5*4500 + 2*7000 = 43500) does not account for what you can get from glassed enemies. Which is actually quite a bit: 5 spawn every 24+-2 minutes, so if you have no life and farm them 24/7 you can theoretically get a weekly extra of:

7days * 60spawns/day * 5enemies/spawn * 30standing/enemy = 63000 standing

But if you are that committed to farming in Warframe, then I'd say you should get the standing you've earned (and should probably seek help).

There shouldn't be a cap at all, especially for such a long season...It feels really bad going months without any rewards from it , I've been maxed out for a while now and i just keep seeing the new tasks every week flipping me the bird... Don't get me wrong, I DO enjoy the nightwave series but the long duration without rewards and no new story parts really kills it for me... It gives people more motivation to play when they can get those items. I feel bad for those people who are hurting for nitain but are locked out and won't be able to get any for who the hell knows how long (Ghoul bounties and caches nitain drops are a joke so I'm not even counting that as a farming strat)

On 2020-10-04 at 9:47 PM, Drachnyn said:

There is no good solution for this, for the current season atleast. Nightwave is currently a failure as a whole, regardless if they increase the cap or not. They need to have the entire season ready by the time they launch it. This time they didnt even have the second episode ready on launch.

This, like 1000%. Coming from a media background, you're a fool if you don't have stuff in the can for a long while. Especially given the amount of VO required (about a grand total of ten minutes, almost exclusively monologues, not exactly a David Mamet play here) and the relatively low impact of the story (oh no, some Grineer and Corpus guys got glassed, oh whatever will we ZZZZZZ). There are five episodes which basically amount to "look around the oversized environment for the item that probably didn't spawn correctly, then look up the YouTube walkthrough of someone who brute forced their way through it and copy their motions, then memorize the highlighted stuff and do the platforming puzzle." There is no justification for why this is taking so long. "But COVID!" Again, there are BARELY any art assets that aren't being reused, and unless Evolution is horrifically obtuse to make a few rectangles and slap some BMPs on them, and how they're literally doing home recording for voice lines, I really can't see what's holding them back. Each episode should be spaced 2 weeks apart, with an epilogue for an extra two weeks as a catch-up period. Then intermission should go for about a month. At least, that's how I'd do it.

Reward assets that aren't reused: Crystal Credits (sprite), Glassmaker Sigil/Emblem (sprite), Boolean Sugatra (model, texture), Deadly Maneuvers mod (diorama, coding), Neura Kubrow Kit (texture), Cogna earpiece (model, texture), Cogna Oculus (model, texture), Neura Kavat kit (texture), Heuris polearm skin (model, texture), Dizzying Rounds mod (diorama, coding), Cogna Mask (model, texture), Precision Strike mod (diorama, coding), Boolean Syandana (model, texture), Frakta shoulder guard (model, texture), the Nightwave (model, texture, audio, VO for air support, air support programming), and Nihil's Sword (texture, model, audio, unique glass mechanic programming; all not yet implemented in release builds). So, sixteen things that had to be made, in addition to Nora and Nihil's VO, and any new art assets for the "crime scenes."

Not to mention the fact that Nightwave has been a conceptual failure from the get-go. The idea was to replace the alerts with something that was more permanent. Sadly, this led to a far less sustainable system that requires a much more hands-on approach that the team just clearly isn't willing to do, or worse, isn't capable of handling. Glassmaker has been running since May 12. It's October 20th and there's no news on when episode 5 will drop. There is maybe about a half hour of lore, and I was able to get through all of the main ranks before episode 3 came out. I can't stress how enamored I was with the ship when the update dropped, but now I outright refuse to use it. Seems like a lot of people are with me on that one, as I don't really see many Nightwaves on the loading screens these days. 

The solution to alerts wasn't to get rid of them, it was to make them last far longer. Rather than have a potato alert go live at 3 AM for 45 minutes, make it stay up for a week. The coding is still in the game, and alerts are still active whenever there's a devstream. I really hope Nightwave 3 is the final episode before it goes off the air for good, unless DE can figure out how to make this system actually fun. Again, just go in with a vision for what you want to do, and if you absolutely have to, hire another company to actually write, record, and design them. If Nightwave is WF's "Battle Pass," then it should actually emulate what it's ripping off. Fortnite's seasons last 10-12 weeks, have a specific start and end date, and have an ample number of cosmetics that you can actually see. (Seriously, who uses Sugatras?)

...And while I'm whining about a free thing like I paid for it, can we talk about the cosmetics? Does anyone actually use the new skins from this season? They're all honestly pretty indistinct from their usual skins. I'm honestly shocked at how few skins there are in the game compared to how much money they make. Yeah, Tennogen is a ton of skins, but I'm actually a bit annoyed at how slowly they're implemented, and how wonky the vetting process is for them. Still no Revenant skins, two years later... DE, PLEASE expand the art team so I can throw more money at you.

It is strange that there is a limit at all on something that is the only way to get some resources. I think DE made fun of the players.
After Helminth arrives, it turns out that I need to build the Vauban again, but I can't because I don't have any credits to buy parts.

DE should just make Nora's shop an evergreen store where we spend Nightwave standing just like Syndicates. 

Nora lines, story tidbits, seasonal assassins and seasonal shop offerings like Wolf armor can just be rotated on a monthly basis just like how the rewards already rotate on a weekly basis. It's clear that DE can't keep up with Nightwave, so might was well free up some resources to fix the actual issues like status proc balance.

It honestly feels like DE spent more effort on Nightwave than the status pass earlier this year. 

Unless you were rushing things out the door, it's easy to see how Viral's boost that affects health is much better than Magnetic's because not everything has shields, yet they were given the same bonus numbers? Or how Gas doesn't scale with elemental mods and is inferior to the very elements that make it?

• 2 months later...

Archived