Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if you could change the order of our Abilities? After the Helminth system, it doesn't sounds too pointless

Roble_Viejo

Ok so we have 4 buttons for abilities, 5 counting Operator, 6+ if you binded Archwing/FishSpear/SunDrill/TranqRifle
I'm used to all of these in that order, but when subsuming abilities my muscle memory gets #*!%ed, and I have to A. Change key bindings or B. Get used to every single configuration
What if we could change the order of our abilities? After the Helminth system it doesn't sound far fetched, specially since we can have different abilities equipped in individual configurations

That's all. 

2 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Ok so we have 4 buttons for abilities, 5 counting Operator, 6+ if you binded Archwing/FishSpear/SunDrill/TranqRifle
I'm used to all of these in that order, but when subsuming abilities my muscle memory gets #*!%ed, and I have to A. Change key bindings or B. Get used to every single configuration
What if we could change the order of our abilities? After the Helminth system it doesn't sound far fetched, specially since we can have different abilities equipped in individual configurations

That's all. 

But why tho?

If you could switch abilities around wouldn't that confuse your muscle memory even more?

11 minutes ago, OggerAZ said:

But why tho?

If you could switch abilities around wouldn't that confuse your muscle memory even more?

Depends, I guess there is always (minor a few WF) a useless button, so I could understand that Rhino mains are troubled by having to use a different keybind than "3" when putting Roar on anything else. That's probably the deal here.

Roar is probably not the best example here as you're not really spamming it, but you get the idea

tbh...only time i can think of changing ability slots is when leveling certain frames that literally have a crap 1st ability....and ones that really dont help with leveling solo (i know i know its a COOP game, but i get tired of the level caves all the time)

1 minute ago, Kalvorax said:

tbh...only time i can think of changing ability slots is when leveling certain frames that literally have a crap 1st ability....and ones that really dont help with leveling solo (i know i know its a COOP game, but i get tired of the level caves all the time)

leveling is pretty S#&$ right now.

hydron is most of the time just people with either unleveled or bad frames, same for regular onslaught.

Sanctuary onslaught requires a max warframes which makes it pretty much a spot for people who either want to level a single weapon or who want to do their daily focus cap, Either way they quit most of the time after 2 zones as the weapon is either maxed, the nuke frame is too weak or there are too many nuke frames and the host quits because he doesn't get enough focus for his taste.

Really annoying tbh.

Best thing you can do for leveling is playing sanctuary onslaught as a trinity for weapons and for frames you just need another person.

hace 27 minutos, Chewarette dijo:

I could understand that Rhino mains are troubled by having to use a different keybind than "3" when putting Roar on anything else. That's probably the deal here.

How pedantic 
The deal here is abilities have a specific key on their original kit, but when adding them to another Warframe you can choose where to place them. 

So you can have X ability on all 4 keys depending on the configuration. So if you are used to press X key to use X ability you will probably miss click and lose energy when using it in another configuration more often than not

In any case the problem is I use too many different configurations to keep track, not Roar on every frame like you are wrongly assuming (I didnt even subsumed Rhino yet)

I don't even want this just because of infused abilities, but even more so just to finally be able to put e.g.
all of Slash Dash / Rhino Charge / Tidal Surge / Reave / whatnot on the same button.

3 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

tbh...only time i can think of changing ability slots is when leveling certain frames that literally have a crap 1st ability

Do infused abilities rank up at different Frame Ranks depending on which slot you put them in?
Like, if I put Shuriken on a Frame's 4th slot, does Shuriken only unlock once that Frame is Rank 10?

Because if not, then I don't see any reason why switching slots around would affect when abilities unlock / rank up, either.
Or, if it does work that way, then just change it so abilities follow their original progression independent of slot number.

4 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

How pedantic 
The deal here is abilities have a specific key on their original kit, but when adding them to another Warframe you can choose where to place them. 

So you can have X ability on all 4 keys depending on the configuration. So if you are used to press X key to use X ability you will probably miss click and lose energy when using it in another configuration more often than not

In any case the problem is I use too many different configurations to keep track, not Roar on every frame like you are wrongly assuming (I didnt even subsumed Rhino yet)

I wasn't being aggressive nor assuming anything, Roar was the first ability that crossed my mind for subsumable abilities due to how often it was brought to discussion.

I think OP has a point, because Im having the same issue currently. If I infuse an ability on the "wrong" slot compared to where it normally would be, I often keep pressing the wrong buttons and since they all cost energy it can be very bad thing in harder missions. 

Sure switching the slots around wont ALWAYS work if you use all the other abilities as well, but for setups where you dont really use some other ability you might want to switch or in case of warframes you didnt use before and have no muscle memory for their abilities yet. 

But somehow I doubt they would add this because its a QoL thing for only a small portion of players I assume but could be wrong. 

hace 8 horas, NinjaZeku dijo:

I don't even want this just because of infused abilities, but even more so just to finally be able to put e.g.
all of Slash Dash / Rhino Charge / Tidal Surge / Reave / whatnot on the same button.

Do infused abilities rank up at different Frame Ranks depending on which slot you put them in?
Like, if I put Shuriken on a Frame's 4th slot, does Shuriken only unlock once that Frame is Rank 10?

Because if not, then I don't see any reason why switching slots around would affect when abilities unlock / rank up, either.
Or, if it does work that way, then just change it so abilities follow their original progression independent of slot number.

Nope. They work exactly the same, regardless the order.
Energy costs as well, of course. 
That's my point, the order of abilities meant something at some point, but after Helminth its irrelevant,. 

hace 4 horas, xombob89 dijo:

I think OP has a point, because Im having the same issue currently. If I infuse an ability on the "wrong" slot compared to where it normally would be, I often keep pressing the wrong buttons and since they all cost energy it can be very bad thing in harder missions. 

Sure switching the slots around wont ALWAYS work if you use all the other abilities as well, but for setups where you dont really use some other ability you might want to switch or in case of warframes you didnt use before and have no muscle memory for their abilities yet. 

But somehow I doubt they would add this because its a QoL thing for only a small portion of players I assume but could be wrong. 

Yeah this is what happens to me. 

For example I put Ensnare on Xaku's 4th slot. 
More often than not I press 2, not 4. Resetting the guns Im holding and losing energy (I know they patched guns from Xaku's 2 resetting on cast btw)

On 2020-10-05 at 9:51 AM, Roble_Viejo said:

That's all. 

Agreed mate ^^

I'd love this, certain abilities location conflict with movement priority, I hate that WASD games even use the number row as ability selection. I'm an ESDF player, and with either set up, sometimes mobility ability selection conflicts with actual motion selection. 

Being able to custom reassign abilities based on loadout would be very useful to all the keyboard Shinobi who want to maximize performance. 

1 hour ago, BahamutKaiser said:

I hate that WASD games even use the number row as ability selection.

You are aware that you can change that, right?

Like, if you don't want your abilities on 1234(5), then just move them somewhere else that's more comfortable to you.

Archived