Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech - why no vacuum or radar from companions?

Hobie-wan

But they aren't disabled. They follow you and will still attack stuff just fine. On K drive you if you slow down they'll attack stuff too. Heck last week I finished off the million meter cheevo on K-drive by doing a lap a day around the outside of the Vallis map. Venari and my cat would keep teleporting to catch up and occasionally they'd end up near a squad of enemies that I zipped on by. With the way the AI will keep them in aggro for a long time, I usually got a few kills from them even though I wasn't stopping.

It feels bad when your pet is right there with you the whole time in the mech and you don't get the radar or vacuum.

I'm going ahead and assume, 99% sure, this is more of an oversight than an intended feature. Even if DE hasn't said it yet.

I bet this is caused by the fact that it's the operator inside the mech, since it doesn't carry over mod effects. Even on the vehicle subject, K-Drives don't need energy or most drops, and Archwings have access to the gear wheel. Which is why it leads me to believe the mech is pretty much just the operator itself but with a metallic coat and some boom booms.

Mods and arcanes should apply.

Yeah, that's a massive pain in the ass. My pet will follow me just fine and fight things on its own, but I don't benefit from its Animal Instinct or its Fetch/Vacuum. Even Archwings at least inherit Animal Instinct. Why can't Necramechs? Hell, why can't Operators? Why are Animal Instinct and Vacuum (aka basic Quality of Life) the hill DE chose to die on?

8 hours ago, chaotea said:

It does need a vacuum as default for sure. And maybe a radar mod.

We need vacuum as default for everything tbh. I dont get it why they insist on keeping it as a companion mod, the game is basically built around NEEDING a vacuum effect otherwise I might as well play pacman. 

The reason pets don't offer radar and vacuum is because sentinels are still attached to your warframe. I would be satisfied if the companions vacuumed at the warframe while your in Necramech. There's a lot of superfluous mod slots on Necramechs too, but it's resource management is part of its balance too, I can only imagine a streamline continuity guard mode with energy Orb vacuum... 

18 hours ago, xombob89 said:

We need vacuum as default for everything tbh. I dont get it why they insist on keeping it as a companion mod, the game is basically built around NEEDING a vacuum effect otherwise I might as well play pacman. 

To be honest, since Railjack did it, i want to see universal squad pickups happen. I just cant see any reason why not to do it. Hell, they could bundle it with better AFK mechanics.

On 2020-10-05 at 9:41 AM, Hobie-wan said:

The vacuum and radar mods are installed on the companion, so why don't they work?

Either because someone at DE really really hates vacuum, and wants us to precisely walk over every single energy orb and credit, or because they aren't very familiar with their game, and just forgot about something no player could possibly forget.

Unfortunately, both are entirely possible. And I am being serious here.

Someone should start making a daily YouTube video of them collecting resources without vacuum, one by one looking at the ground ignoring everything else making it look like thats all there is to the game, until DE gives us universal vacuum. :D

Would be a good addition to the current set of mods they have.

Ideally I would like universal vacuum, or a better one I guess, we do technically have a very small one atm. While there is some small charm to marking important resources for your team-mates and having them walk over to that spot I think sharing loot makes sense.

Archived