Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Different mission guides

ultrakiller8

I just had this idea and think it would be cool if we had the option of using different people to guide us through the missions. So instead of a hologram lotus we could use Little Duck or Teshin, etc.

They could also be considered as rewards if they wanted to so max rank with Vox Solaris would be you getting the option to use Little Duck. Complete the steel path and get Teshin. 

They could do syndicates as well if they wanted to.

Expensive. That's a lot of voice lines to record and the VAs for Teshin and Little Duck are paid professionals so it would likely not be cheap. Given that Ordis does most of Jupiter now I think it more likely that he will take over after certain events in the game. It makes sense lore-wise and Ordis is also voiced (impressively so for a non-pro) by a member of DE's staff.

1 hour ago, Shalath said:

Expensive. That's a lot of voice lines to record and the VAs for Teshin and Little Duck are paid professionals so it would likely not be cheap. Given that Ordis does most of Jupiter now I think it more likely that he will take over after certain events in the game. It makes sense lore-wise and Ordis is also voiced (impressively so for a non-pro) by a member of DE's staff.

Yeah I agree, sadly. 

19 hours ago, Shalath said:

We aren't dealing with a multi - dollar company anymore. DE is making hundreds of millions in revenue annually. I don't know about their overhead, but the fact of the matter is that they have also recently been bought by one of the richest game development companies in the world, one that has promised to expand their workforce and provide them with access to resources and talent. This is most likely a vision reason - that we will yearn for the Lotus to return until either she does, or does not.

Edit: Since this is my 420th post, nice.

honestly... I kinda hoped that after the Sacrifice, we could swap between Glitch Lotus and Ordis as the mission voice.
I really like Ordis so I wish that I could hear more of him (even if it would get annoying), and would love to have 3 main voices to swap between for missions or even just in my ship: Glitch Lotus, Ordis, Vitruvian Ordis (remember him? didn't think so).

A few voice line ideas for Ordis (text inbetween -- -- will be used to represent his glitchy/Ordan Karris side, also not doing every single in-mission line since that would be too much for me but might add more later)

Spoiler

more Grineer troops spawning in:
"more Grineer inbound --MAKE THEM PAY!!!--"
"--GENETIC FAILURES NEARBY, KILL THEM ALL!"

more Corpus troops spawning in:
"robotic signatures detected, lock and load operator"
"MOA units incoming --CRASH THEIR SYSTEMS!--"

more Infested troops spawning in:
"more distorted bio-signs detected --BURN THEM!--"
"careful operator, I am detecting infested flooding the area"

upon Juggernaut roar:
"oh no... Jordas warned us about this thing. Operator, the Juggernaut will safely pass if we lay low and don't kill- --KILL THE FREAKS! BRING ON THE BEAST!--"

upon Juggernaut not spawning:
"Operator! the Juggernaut has left us alone, now get back to --MOWING THEM ALL DOWN-- killing the infested."

upon Juggernaut spawn:
"--I KNEW YOU'D WANT TO FIGHT SUCH A WORTHY FOE! SLAY AND LOOT IT!--"

upon Bursa spawn:
"strong robotic signature detected --SHOCK ITS SYSTEMS AND TAKE IT FOR YOURSELF!--"

upon Prosecutor spawn:
"unusually adaptive shielding... must be a Grineer prosecutor approaching"

upon Prosecutor death:
"--ONE DOWN AND ONTO THE NEXT!--"

upon entering a capture mission:
"operator, there is a high-priority target nearby, please capture them so other Tenno can --TORTURE AND INTERROGATE THEM-- obtain valuable information from them"

upon capturing the target:
"Tenno agents have reported, the target has safely arrived to them, you may extract now"

upon entering an extermination mission:
"--KILL ALL THE LOWLY ENEMIES HERE! TEACH THEM TRUE FEAR--"

On 2020-10-07 at 8:13 PM, (XB1)KawaiiAsa said:

Vitruvian Ordis (remember him? didn't think so).

I'm still waiting for the Ordis Prime Quest. I'm considering writing out one, but my idea of where Ordan Karris came from is probably different then the Devs.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see other tenno acting as mission control. There is this council of tenno mentioned sometimes, or other more elite tenno act as mission control. With other tenno you could add complications where these tenno come as backup even. 

Archived