Free falling "through" map in orb vallis, trying to board K-drive

(NSW)Tamsin7

Happened twice in the span of 2 missions. 

Hopping on the drive, suddenly in a freefall looking at the terrain from underneath. 

Eventually resets to fall again, the location seems to be in front of the  fortuna elevator. No fix other than quitting the session. 

This happens to me frequently on the open worlds (all of them). I find that just waiting until the fall reaches a certain pace the game sorts itself or i select my hoverboard and i end up on the map again. That would mean waiting of course.....or I leave the session (top left option under your profile picture) and then the loading screen comes on. after that everything is fine and all of the drops or my rewards still remain. But...to be fair this shouldn't really happen on a 6-7 year old game that receives continual updates. Hope this helped a bit.

Known issue, happens in all open worlds and the k-drive for all platforms. One of those cases where something was implemented and then never fixed. That said, the only solution is NOT to abandon. My team mates and I purposely got stuck in this bug and have found with enough attempts, you can time a K-Drive mount a second time and it stops the falling. 

Archived