Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And what will happen to the veteran players?

JohnnyMeta

How do people grind everything out so fast ?

Ive been playing since the open beta was released and i STILL havent tried every frame/weapon there is.

I still have primes i havent touched, i still have stuff to do.

Then again i dont meta-game anymore, nor do i min-max everything.

I take my time in missions, without bullet jumping through the map, ignoring enemies. I stopped getting burned out when i stopped trying to blaze through everything.

4 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

People who tell to others to leave instead of suggesting to DE how to potentialy address isues in the game are part of the games problem .

People are not telling him to leave - they are telling him to take a break and come back fresh. The fact is that game development takes time, and there is not way DE will be able to create content and fix issues as fast as we are able to chew through it. So if you feel like you've got nothing left to do in this game - it is only healthy to set it aside and come back 6 months later. By then, there will (hopefully) be some new stuff to do.

What is important is to be able to do that before you're so tired of this game you won't want to come back. If the OP feels he's getting close to that stage, he absolutely should go play something else for 6 months and come back afterwards. That is the healthy thing to do.

And on a side note, this would also be better for the Warframe community in general: having a player go inactive for a few months and come back is much better than losing him outright.

On 2020-10-06 at 9:29 AM, BahamutKaiser said:

"I hope to God they never introduce another log in exclusive item, it already time gates signification content away from new players. Rather, I'd like them to make log in mods tradable and offer veterans duplicate primed mods every hundred days, so veterans can sell duplicates for plat, and new players can access game changing mods like Primed Sure Footed."

So you want Prime Sure Footed then? Just play the game for under a year, why would you hand such a mod out day one?

I think it's high MR/low hours that bothers me. I've seen the type that rush the content (because open squad) then moan about the game offering nothing in the few months they've been playing, they have no patience and want mods such as the ones you describe dropped in their lap. They'd obtain them and then just move on complaining there was still nothing to do in the game. PSF is extremely fun and useful but it's an expensive slot, you won't be going immortal for hours if you have it equipped, it's not an 'end game' mod... really.

Veterans clear up new content quickly as it is released, it's a different matter for people who may have stated just a couple of years ago, how the #*!% you you divide your time up is the question. I've been playing a year and still haven't really touched Liches.

FOMO I suppose, what can they do about it without completely removing any sense of progression or time passing in the game? It's for player retention no doubt, and maybe that's the resentment, wanting to get the game done in a few months by most games standards. It leads to people such as the one I saw earlier in relic missions hanging back because they'd get wiped out only to jump in a collect the traces during a survival. I wondered why I was seeing an MR6 hunting for Axi relics equipped with a only a Boltor. Unfortunately we went to the other side of the tileset while they sat there before they realized they weren't getting any traces (they were literally crouching in a corner so as not to be seen, quite funny really). Collect as much prime stuff and MR as they need, brag about the game being a cake walk then leave a bitter smell in their favorite Youtuber and Reddit feeds when they decide to leave about how the game is dead. I honestly don't mind that type of gameplay, though it must be really dull for them so I'm not sure why they play. Ho hum, you just don't get to 'splain the game to everyone else.

Tough titties to those, play the game is all I'll say and make sure you know which Prime login reward anyone wants when it comes up so there isn't a moan about choosing the 'wrong one' and it becoming a case of "Why can't I have Primed Vigor as well!? #*!% DE!" 

When you have everything in game of coarse the content will dry up. It only takes about 1-2 weeks max to farm all items on new content before DE drops the loot chances. Therefore if you want a good example of not letting the game feel dry:

Each new big update, farm 2 weeks. get everything you can then go play something else till next update. Hope this helps to keep your flavor alive.

MR29 here, I don't feel this entitlement. DE doesn't have to hand me something special for playing more than 1000 days or something super, super special at MR30. There are a few things I  would rather see, finally a proper story quest again, new Railjack enemies and mission types as well as the Command intrinsic.

Archived