Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculous things past and present

The most ridiculous thing? Well, for me, there's two.

1. The fact that we got the Zealot secondary before we got that one Ghoul's sawblade weapon.

Ghoul Rictus | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

2. The way this game straight up turned into a content archipelago over my course of four years playing it.

You wanna know what an archipelago is? It's a gigantic chain of islands.

If Warframe was a nation-state, we'd have one giant Base Game island, and then surround it with Lichland, Railjackia, Conclave, Hardmode, """open""" worlds, Arbitrations, (E)SO, upon many others.

1 minute ago, KitMeHarder said:

How are these content islands? What is your definition?

Everything is a content island in this game, didnt you know?

Captures have nothing to do with Defence. And neither Defence with Capture. So they are content islands.

Same with Survival and Interception.

Do you see Earth's Forests anywhere but on Earth? Earth is a content island! Same with all other tilesets.

IT! MAKES! F*CKING! SENSE!

2 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Mechanic

Stamina, by far. we are demigods powered by an incredibly powerful, ethereal energy, are masters of all known small arms and melee weapons and are made by the most advanced civilization to ever exist in the history of the universe... but we can't sprint for too long or we'll tire out! (even though we don't have lungs, or a respiratory system; frankly being in a vacuum shouldn't affect us but Survival needs a mechanic to make it harder soo *shrugs*)

I danced a freaking jig when Stamina went away.

Event

depends, ridiculous in what way? ridiculously Boring, that'd be Thermia Fractures, Ridiculously written, I liked Tubemen of Regor, because Alad got called a jellyfish (I was new and thought the game was semi-serious up until that point, was pretty funny). ridiculously good, I'd say Scarlet Spear actually, I enjoyed that, despite it's flaws.

Requirement

most ridiculous requirement goes to the ability to Auto-fill Ayatan Sculptures, which IIRC is MR10. yep that's right, the helminth system is easier to access than a common sense QoL feature. and DE wonders why we think MR is a joke..

Rules

not sure on that, are we talking rules enforced by DE, or "rules" made by players? If the former, some of the chat rules are rather asinine (but some of you do bring the wrath of kickbot on yourselves, you know who you are!) the most ridiculous player "rule" is "don't bring Limbo", which I understand because of how bad Limbo players used to be, but he's really not like anymore and bad/troll Limbos these days are few and far between (so are good Limbos too but what can you do?).

What are the most ridiculous things in warframe from the past and present

It can be the most ridiculous:

-Mechanic

I'll be in the minority here, but Warframe's movement has always been the most ridiculous, immersion-breaking thing in this entire game for me. You're a space ninja that can latch onto walls, jump along them, use zip lines, teleport, glide, levitate and in some cases literally fly, yet the single quickest, most efficient and ultimately most used tactic to go from point A to B is to spam crouch and jump like a squid with its ass on fire...

I mean, come on.

The fact we constantly power creep. We have always been strong but these days it's like giving a bunch of ants mini swords and telling them to kill the human with a flame thrower!. :)

Seriously though i am also always miffed about not having an actual auction house or market place as per almost all online games. We have a third party website but it really requires you to be online and able to trade 24-7 and not a huge portion if the playet base use it.

Since people are most likely going to list negatives, I'm going to list nothing but silly / amusing ones

1. The Hek used to be best sniper rifle in the game.

2. The Dual Zoren used to be the only melee weapon to use because fast attack speed meant faster movement speed. Sometimes game breaking movement was capable of being achieved.

Thats all I can think of for now. I'll edit and come back to it later if I can think of anything else.

hace 1 minuto, (PS4)Mofojokers dijo:

Seriously though i am also always miffed about not having an actual auction house or market place as per almost all online games.

The prices on XBOX are the worst and most inconsitent prices i've seen anywhere, there's too many cheapskates and overpricers. Only NSW prices are higher.

PS4 has better balanced prices from what warframe market shows.

Just now, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

The prices on XBOX are the worst and most inconsitent prices i've seen anywhere, there's too many cheapskates and overpricers. Only NSW prices are higher.

PS4 has better balanced prices from what warframe market shows.

Ps4 here and we definitely do, mind you as a veteran seller on wow and eso and many other games. Without a base (auction house or market) prices can be left to the whim on the user. Not saying people don't tend to rip off others less knowing. 

But they normally can easily see the correct pricing per item grinded for. You notice this alot more on ps4 market thanks to alot more heavy hitters setting correct prices for others to follow.

Justo ahora, (PS4)Mofojokers dijo:

Ps4 here and we definitely do, mind you as a veteran seller on wow and eso and many other games. Without a base (auction house or market) prices can be left to the whim on the user. Not saying people don't tend to rip off others less knowing. 

But they normally can easily see the correct pricing per item grinded for. You notice this alot more on ps4 market thanks to alot more heavy hitters setting correct prices for others to follow.

I have seen way too many "WTB mirage prime 45 pl" or "WTB ash prime 50 pl" and also "WTT Mesa prime systems for loki prime systems"

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Do you see Earth's Forests anywhere but on Earth? Earth is a content island! Same with all other tilesets.

Spoiler

DpQ9YJl.png

Well, to be fair, there is Uranus tileset on Earth. And Europa on Mars.

One could assume you are annoyed by people throwing around "content island" buzzword without any meaning to it.

Just now, Genitive said:
  Reveal hidden contents

DpQ9YJl.png

Well, to be fair, there is Uranus tileset on Earth. And Europa on Mars.

One could assume you are annoyed by people throwing around "content island" buzzword without any meaning to it.

Its the current fad dude. We must be young and hip in front of the cool kids, so we repeat the same words as they do to fit in.

Warframe is a f*cking archipelogo at this point.

Also, since the Devs acknowlege Warframe as a "Sandbox", can we really say it has "no direction" as some continue to say?

Most ridiculous things from past and present?

Well, let me tell you, that i find ridiculous that Frost still does not have a proper rework or tweaks to his abilities. Plz DE, gib ice boi luv

Present most ridiculous thing? Limbo.

1 minute ago, Yakhul said:

Well, let me tell you, that i find ridiculous that Frost still does not have a proper rework or tweaks to his abilities. Plz DE, gib ice boi luv

at least your ice boi has 2 abilites , what does hydroid have ? none withouth pilfering , puddle boi got a deluxe skin + a trailer and no rework on horizon and this concerns me.

8 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Frost has needed a rework for five years and i gotta say this is probably one of the most ridiculous things. How has this boy not been given any love. His kit was great from a Warframe game long gone but these days jesus. 

I still keep him around as he will always be my favorite but even his meme bubble is seriously not needed. Honestly you think im not gonna just use Khora or Limbo or well anyone over him lol well maybe mot xata atm on console.

Fyi i can use Khora to do Hydroid and Frosts job at the same time. Hell i can Helminth her and take a third job too! Lol

7 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

at least your ice boi has 2 abilites , what does hydroid have ? none withouth pilfering , puddle boi got a deluxe skin + a trailer and no rework on horizon and this concerns me.

Hey hey hey lets all agree that Hydroid and Frost have been left in the dust for far too long. Both can be used but are noodles compared to any other dang frame doing their job.

#buff our water&ice boys!

As i said above i can just Khora Frosts and Hydroids job and Helminth her for a third job as well lol.

4 hours ago, CoalitionOfGears said:

I'll be in the minority here, but Warframe's movement has always been the most ridiculous, immersion-breaking thing in this entire game for me. You're a space ninja that can latch onto walls, jump along them, use zip lines, teleport, glide, levitate and in some cases literally fly, yet the single quickest, most efficient and ultimately most used tactic to go from point A to B is to spam crouch and jump like a squid with its ass on fire...

I mean, come on.

Tbf its better than what we used to do which was bayblade ourselves across the map with dual axes

Archived