Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PARADOXON, the inverted sniper rifle.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

WEAPON DESCRIPTION: sent by tenno from the future, this sniper rifle defines all odds with it's special temporal bullets

WEAPON MECHANICS: a single-shot sniper rifle that shoots a projectile bullet that deals primarily puncture and heat damage, hold the trigger to shoot, after releasing the trigger at the exact same position, the gun will rewind the bullet back to the chamber, dealing impact and cold damage to any enemies in it's path.

if you release the trigger and you're not in the exact same position you were when firing, the bullet will explode dealing massive radiation damage

NOTES: the inverted bullet increase the sniper combo counter by 2 instead of 1, meaning hitting enemies with a normal bullet then invert it back, hitting the enemy again, will increase the combo counter by 3 without any multishot investment

this actually sounds really cool but i would imagine there would need to be some leeway on the exact position to do the rewind on. does the release explosion explode on the target it hit or at the point of firing? and what if the target hit moves or dies? does that influence the rewind effect at all? for an example to illustrate what im asking if need be, if i shoot a grineer and he lives and runs around a corner for cover does the rewound bullet come from him and hit a wall (or pass through if enough punch through) or does it come from where the shot impacted him initially?

45 minutes ago, Caobie said:

this actually sounds really cool but i would imagine there would need to be some leeway on the exact position to do the rewind on. does the release explosion explode on the target it hit or at the point of firing? and what if the target hit moves or dies? does that influence the rewind effect at all? for an example to illustrate what im asking if need be, if i shoot a grineer and he lives and runs around a corner for cover does the rewound bullet come from him and hit a wall (or pass through if enough punch through) or does it come from where the shot impacted him initially?

The bullet, is actually a projectile, that stays for a while after being fired, so you can choose to invert it back to the chamber, or leave your position and let it explode 

Think of it like Zhuge prime bullets, it stays there until it explodes, or in this case, gets inverted

If you shoot the bullet, and the bullet sticks to the target and lives, then release the trigger, the bullet will simply rewind its path travelled, similar to how protea does it

It's kind of complicated and mind boggling.

Sorry if i still don't make sense after explaining, that's why i love time travel stuff, it doesn't make sense 100% of the time, which encourages my brain to try and understand 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

If you shoot the bullet, and the bullet sticks to the target and lives, then release the trigger, the bullet will simply rewind its path travelled, similar to how protea does it

It's kind of complicated and mind boggling.

Sorry if i still don't make sense after explaining, that's why i love time travel stuff, it doesn't make sense 100% of the time, which encourages my brain to try and understand 

it makes a reasonable amount of sense to me but i only question what happens if the target is able to move significantly in the time between shot landing and rewinding...unless of course the window is very short to rewind in which case it shouldnt matter much. based on the explanation you gave the round would trace back along the path that the target went then along the firing path from the point of contact right? then i suppose facing angle would be important, youd need to face in close to the same angle is the initial shot as well in that case huh? hmm perhaps too complicated for a weapon...as cool as it would be

On 2020-10-06 at 11:35 AM, Caobie said:

it makes a reasonable amount of sense to me but i only question what happens if the target is able to move significantly in the time between shot landing and rewinding...unless of course the window is very short to rewind in which case it shouldnt matter much. based on the explanation you gave the round would trace back along the path that the target went then along the firing path from the point of contact right? then i suppose facing angle would be important, youd need to face in close to the same angle is the initial shot as well in that case huh? hmm perhaps too complicated for a weapon...as cool as it would be

maybe the shot can be a precise very narrow arca plasmor like projectile, which allows it to have infinite punch-through, and give the ability to rewind back again smoothly without all the retracing thing, that can be interesting

Archived