Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would people be interested in a different market website?

Pseudohuman

Market does a good job, sadly the issues stem from having to be online at the time the person wants to trade and been avb 24-7. Unfortunately since DE has shut down the idea of an Auction House for the past five years that's unlikely to ever get better for trading. 

Shame too because most online games have amazing trading systems in place. I always loved ESO for it's setup but alas we shall never have such a nice thing for Warframe. :(

i got off topic but yeah Market does a good job brother.

I doubt it. even if you made a legitimately better system, it won't be as well known as the market, and the only way that could happen in any reasonable length of time would be for DE to publicly acknowledge it somehow, but that's unlikely to ever happen. for the amount of time and effort it would take you to make it, it's not worth it for the small amount of people you'd get using it.

1 hour ago, Pseudohuman said:

Although warframe.market does the job for many people, it left me wanting for a better, more streamlined user experience.

Since I am an amateur web developer, I thought I can create a new one if people are interested in using it.

It's unlikely that a second site would be used.  Even if you make everything better and more streamlined, the .Market site is already at pretty close to saturation.  Meaning - anyone interested in using a third party site probably already uses it.  People who know about it and *don't* already use it either can't be bothered, or object to the idea entirely.  (Distrust of third party sites, as a "stand" that DE should make their own auction system in game, whatever.)

Yes, every once in a while something new can knock down the existing options - Facebook taking the place of MySpace is a thing that happened.  But it's super hard to do, and at least at a casual glance it only seems to happen when the existing option has badly misjudged what the audience actually wants.

If you want to try it, good luck.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Market does a good job, sadly the issues stem from having to be online at the time the person wants to trade and been avb 24-7. Unfortunately since DE has shut down the idea of an Auction House for the past five years that's unlikely to ever get better for trading. 

Shame too because most online games have amazing trading systems in place. I always loved ESO for it's setup but alas we shall never have such a nice thing for Warframe. :(

i got off topic but yeah Market does a good job brother.

Have they changed ESO's system?  The last time I played (which was years ago) it was horribly inefficient.

Honestly I wouldn't care if another market website was out there as I would much prefer an in game auction house/market/galactic trade network.

Just now, Elessara1 said:

Have they changed ESO's system?  The last time I played (which was years ago) it was horribly inefficient.

Honestly I wouldn't care if another market website was out there as I would much prefer an in game auction house/market/galactic trade network.

It has received some work but yes! GTN ftw love swtors auction house.

My problem with Warframe market is that I can't browse categories of items, I have to search for exactly what I want. I'd like to check prices, to see if maybe I have something valuable in terms of mods, since I don't know the price of everything.

Archived