Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I do next for a change? (MR5 New Baby)

MasayukiSanada

Hello guys, name's Masayuki. I'm MR5 with around 100 hrs in to this game, I wanna consult you guys since vets are super helpful so far in my playthroughs.

Okay so here's a kind of sitrep : I have two frames now, Mag and Excal, with two Liches' kills in my belt. So far I have Kuva Nukor with me, which my friend, an MR22 vet, said is a good endgame weapon, a beefed normal Vectis with 3 formas in, and my Orthos as a melee weapon. What should I be grinding next? I want to get Chroma and grinding currently for Eidolon hunts' prep (seen few videos and it got my blood pumping), but will that be a good course for my grind? I've access to all open world maps, did the opening quests, dunno what's the deal with them, though...

Any advices will be highly appreciated. Good luck and have fun for us all!!! 

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

If you want to start on eidolon hunts, best finishing the story all the way to The War Within first, then you can start trying on the Eidolon

Otherwise, finish all story mission

This. You definitely want to finish the main story quests first, as it unlocks some specific abilities you'll need. Also, focus on unlocking the various Junctions between planets. They will provide extra quests and gear, and eventually help to unlock the entire Star Map to be able to do Arbitrations.

5 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

This. You definitely want to finish the main story quests first, as it unlocks some specific abilities you'll need. Also, focus on unlocking the various Junctions between planets. They will provide extra quests and gear, and eventually help to unlock the entire Star Map to be able to do Arbitrations.

Uhhhh I have... I can do Liches now which requires me to do TWW first... I did state that, right?

6 minutes ago, MasayukiSanada said:

Uhhhh I have... I can do Liches now which requires me to do TWW first... I did state that, right?

Sorry, I misread that then. You can also go through the Marketplace and Clan Dojo Labs (if you've joined one) for the various Warframe and weapon blueprints that can be bought for credits to start building/leveling for additional mastery.

There's several Warframes available in the Tenno Lab especially, including Wukong which is a great frame. Working on the various Syndicate faction reps is also good for the Archwing weapon components, Augment mods, and the specific themed unique weapons.

I'd expand my loadout a bit if I were you.

You're doing great so far and there are plenty of great frames that can really change up gameplay.

If you're going for Eidolon hunting, Chroma is a good idea, but is not a good generalist frame. If you want something that you can also use in regular missions, try Volt or Rhino (who admitedly I hate with a passion).

Equip focus lenses for your gear, since if you're doing Eidolons you'd need to spend some focus to be effective. Not that you can't do without, but you get the point.

Last and most important, if you have to choose between folllowing a tip and doing it how you like it, pick the latter. 

if you've done all the quests and starmap, then Open worlds would be your next stop, and if you're gonna start eidolon hunting there you go. you'll need to get an Amp though, which means levelling up your Quills standing. if you can find a group willing to take you along on a hunt (and you do your best to listen and take all that info in), then that would be ideal. learn the fight, then focus on getting your Amp so you can actively contribute at taking down Eidolon shields. otherwise help them out in any way you can. Chroma is a good choice for Eidolon Hunts too.

you'll also need to engage in other Plains of Eidolon content as you'll need Plains resources to build your amps. all in all it should be enough to keep you occupied for a while.

The open world stuff and ediolons requires a higher level of g3ar then posses.

My suggestions are to clear the starchart,  do quests to open up operater mode, and get to mr9 plus.

You will nedd some more weapons and frames still.  If you can obtain primes stuff they wre atrong.

If you want help ingame. My ps4 is my main profile.  But my pv profile is starslayer22.  dhoot me a message sometime.

Khora is my main, so I would always recommend going for her even though the grind can be difficult.

If you want to fight eidolons/hang out on Cetus anyway, you might as well go for Gara and Revenant since they are both solid frames. Gara is fantastic at dealing damage and for defense missions and Revenant is a tank.

Endo/mods are really important for imporving your weapon/warframe performance.

And if you have the relics, go get Mesa prime before she gets vaulted in a few weeks.

My advise finish the star chart and get yourself a rhino/mesa to make things easier. Try to trade for an inaros prime set next with play from prime junk. I would suggest arbitrations before tridolons, due tridolons need a good meta amp first along with madurai/unairu tree mostly maxed. I would switch chroma for volt now since chroma can't reliability hurt himself to buff. You get buff to your amp and guns from volt shield.

Ouch, 100 hours at MR 5?

First discover which weapons are MR fodder, you should get into a routine of mastering and discarding any weapon with superior alternatives. There are a few weapon chains which require an existing weapon to go into another blueprint, you should be careful not to discard any of those rather than consuming them. In fact, focus on those first so you don't have to pay attention to them in the future, they have the virtue of using up the weapon prior as you build the next one. Just master them first. 

While your mastering as much content as your able to, warframe, primary, secondary, melee, archwing, archgun, archmele, sentinel and weapon or pet, simultaneously if your capable, you should run through the quest chains and open the nodes of the star chart. 

Whenever possible, take the bonus objective on a node, a fissure, nightmare, whatever, the extra objective will get you bonus loot while also competing the node.

Once you've earned some lenses from some open world bounties, put them on your META equipment, Kuva Nukor, your favorite prime frame, Umbra, they will passively accrue additional growths when you use them. 

As you start to acquire more permanent gear, you'll want to do more fissures and collect exchangable parts, sell what you can on the Warframe Market Website to accrue the platinum for extra warframe and weapon slots.

Access the Helminth System when you can, and instead of selling warframes your finished mastering and never intend to use again, sacrifice them to Helminth to harvest their abilities, all vanilla warframe can go here. As a side note, save your forma and reactors for prime frames or recent frames that won't have primes for years, you do not want to waste effort developing frames and equipment that will be replaced by superior versions in the future. 

There's a ton more advice, but try that for now, and contact me in game if your still curious. 

1. Get your mr to at least 12-14 so you have access to more weapons(the system is bad but it's the only way to get them for now, except gifts). Prime weapons and frames are a little improvement to the normal ones but sometimes that little improvement is just the thing you want(in case of volt for example - more energy pool)
2. If you have that vet-friend ask him to carry you to some tridolons - the cores are the best way to level up your focus fast and the more you do the faster it will be.Also you will be able to level the syndicate faster that way.
3. Mod farmin' - get to it, find out what mods you miss and farm/buy them.
4. All that said if you are kinda rushing and don't like eidos or some other content that you go trough for repeating, you will be bored of nothing to do very very soon, so good luck.

38 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

3. Mod farmin' - get to it, find out what mods you miss and farm/buy them.

To expand on that, I'd start to grind the corrupted mods if you haven't gotten around that already. If you're going solo I'd recommend building Limbo since you can pretty much "cheese" the grind with Mobile Defense. Build and equip the four Dragon Keys, go to any non-open world node (not sure if Exequias has one) on Deimos and look for the unique door. You can choose any mission you'd prefer but since the keys dramatically lower your stats I opted for Limbo + MD.

You skipped a lot of important stuff, so now don't do any more main quests and focus on the following:

Build many different weapons and frames to discover what works for you, its best to increase your Mastery rank to at leased 12, so that you can access special weapons.

Start gathering that sweet focus so go Instal focus lenses on your  favorite weapons (like kuva nukor) and frame (like Mag) - one that's NOT poopy MK1-Skana or Excalibur (bdw... delete those two for capacity slots)

And of course don't jump the gun on burning through the main quests before you are ready. 

Build your costume Amp and level up your operator. You will need it.

Oh and... you have a Mag, so how about building yourself an infinity mag or nuker mag, to increase your DMG output, just sayn

21 hours ago, MasayukiSanada said:

Hello guys, name's Masayuki. I'm MR5 with around 100 hrs in to this game, I wanna consult you guys since vets are super helpful so far in my playthroughs.

I'm willing to guess that you have some seriously overpowered gear for an MR 5 and that your friend guided you to them bypassing a lot of the grind and lower tier gear in the game. 

That's actually going to hurt you a bit, because you are going to be using those items almost exclusively, since everything else is substantially weaker. The grind would have also supplied you with a lot of the other resources that you need to grow in the game.

Grinding for the set mods in Cetus means that you would have some lenses to start with, and resources to build your amps, other frames, and weapons. When you get handed stuff and guided to the best gear you don't just forego the grind, you forego most of the farming, and development as a player. 

What should you do now? Everything. 

Archived