Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cyath Zaw with Ekwana II Jai Link is Broken (Incorrect, Just Did Not Understand Formula)

(XBOX)Deqino

I did some testing yesterday (crafted 2 different zaws: a Cyath-Peye-Vargeet II Jai and a Cyath-Peye-Ekwana II Jai), and found that no matter how much crit chance you put into the one with the Ekwana II Jai link, it will not benefit from the mods. 

With a riven & sacrificial steel, which brought it’s base crit chance from 10% to ~40%, the zaw was unable to produce red crits. On the other hand, the Cyath-Peye-Vargeet II Jai seemed to work completely fine, and was able to reach red crits with only it’s base stat of 32% crit chance.

Unless this is a “feature”, the zaw I spent a ton of resources crafting and 4 forma on leveling yesterday is absolutely broken and needs to be fixed!

Edit: This is incorrect and was explained to me why it’s working properly.

8 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Blood Rush scales off your base crit chance, not your modded crit chance (it used to be the opposite, but hasn't been for quite a while now), meaning its additive with other crit mods instead of multiplicative.

At max combo stacks BR only brings a 10% crit weapon up to 76%, plus the ~30% is ~106%.

Ugg, this was supposed to be an edit, not a second post...

2 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Blood Rush scales off your base crit chance, not your modded crit chance (it used to be the opposite, but hasn't been for quite a while now).

At max combo stacks BR only brings a 10% crit weapon up to 76%, plus the ~30% is ~106%.

But even with 3 gladiator mods on my Warframe (Ash) and Sentinel (Deconstructor), and some decent crit chance added from both the riven & sac. steel, shouldn’t the zaw produce red crits?

Something seems to not be working for the weapon to display having 40-something crit chance, and to just barely be producing orange crits?

The same math applies to gladiator mods, a 10% crit weapon will always give you lesser increases then a 32% crit one.

BR, 3 gladiator mods, and the (rounded) ~300% from sac steel and riven on a 10% weapon results in:

0.1(1+6.60+4.95+3) = 1.555 or ~155.5%

Compared to just BR and the 3 glad mods on a 32% one:

0.32(1+6.60+4.95) = 4.016 or 401.6%

2 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

The same math applies to gladiator mods, a 10% crit weapon will always give you lesser increases then a 32% crit one.

BR, 3 gladiator mods, and the (rounded) ~300% from sac steel and riven on a 10% weapon results in:

0.1(1+6.60+4.95+3) = 1.555 or ~155.5%

Compared to just BR and the 3 glad mods on a 32% one:

0.32(1+6.60+4.95) = 4.016 or 401.6%

Woah, okay, thank you for explaining this to me. Now i understand what’s going on! So I guess only craft an Ekwana II Jai if you really just only care about status lol. 😅

9 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

For the most part yeah. That said, red crits aren't everything, I have a few ~10% crit weapons that I built for crit anyways :P

Yeah, status is super fun, just watching all the bleeds melt everything ahaha. I was curious to try out the EkIIJai on a machete after watching a video of someone killing level cap enemies with a Machete Wraith!

Archived