Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Enhanced Graphics Engine

[DE]Steve

In my actual system the enhanced beta engine needs around 15% more gpu power with the same settings. Hope you guys really optimise because right now I'm already running the game at medium-high and still getting some heavy fps drops in open world when looking to some directions. GTX 1070 running the game in a  1440p display.

• Like 6

please do give something for the low end gamers DE... PLEASE DONT DESTROY US.🥺 everything is so high end now i am playing on the lowest possible settings with windowed 800x600 so that i can get above 20fps

pls.. some of the ninjas who play free do play because they cant afford.

Edited by Ezychiller
  • Like 6

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Inquizitor:

Oh nice, I tried it out, first thing to check if operator and warframe are no longer bleached in profile...but they still are.

Next-gen.....lol.....sorry, not sorry actually.

TmLH9s0vL-FR_Fvu51dAjOvlYKBWs2TD7YTog4Jp

keep calm...u thing in litte Hotfix u find a new Graphic Engine / Rework? *facepalm*

DX 12 + RT ( Nvidea / Amd ) , DLSS or from AMD repectiv, better Texture and so come in time to time.

Dont use hate speak with nonsen pics here!

WF gogogo - i need a reason to buy a new RX 6000 Graphic Card xD

Greetz Schm1ddi o/

btw DE can u use pls the Unreal Engine 5 + his Physics ?!

Edited by Schm1ddi
SInnvolle Ideen :)
  • Like 1

So I'm going to offer two perspectives here - subjective and objective.

Objectively I get it.  Makes it easier to work on one unified rendering system.  Lets the game look more modernized to keep up with competitors, and keeps people from screeching that the game looks old. 

Subjectively, yeah I straight up dislike this and it goes against every fibre of my being.  I've played pretty much since open beta launch and frankly this is one of the best running games period, while looking as good as it does.  No other game can one set this game to max on modest hardware.  The game looks fine to me as is - most of the visual things I don't like are a matter of style preferences. 

Looking at the comparison images - one can barely tell the difference.  And I guarantee 99% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference once you're actually playing, moving, and dealing with DOF and motion blur and god knows what else most AAA games love throwing into their game, even with it off.  There's a point of diminishing returns and it comes to my next point - visual busyness.  Warframe is incredibly visually busy that I strongly believe that this enhanced rendering only pushes the floor of performance demands higher without really raising the ceiling of visual improvement.  Graphics no longer make a game in 2020.  I would argue they haven't made a game since the early 2010s.  And when you're actually moving and running around, that higher performance minimum is going to be significantly more negatively impactful while adding I would argue is not a whole lot when you're in the thick of it.

Like I said though, I get it.  But I don't like it.  So I'll implore this - ensure the game is not only "well optimized" for higher end systems at max quality, but ensure scalability so that disabling visuals doesn't run worse while looking worse than the old rendering system.  Basically, as long as there are graphical options to minimize the impact of the new rendering engine while maintaining a relatively static level of fidelity to performance, I won't see any problems.

Obviously this is a goal for most developers, and it's probably not perfectly achievable, but as it stands, "enhanced" kills my performance by around 15-30% doing nothing while adding very little directly to the visuals.  I seriously hope to see this improve over time, not get worse, as seems common for many other games.  Hence, my relative skepticism and uncertainty, and general dislike of this move.  Keep on trucking DE. 

• Like 22

Lol less than 10% of pc players even have rtx capable gpus according to steam stats. I'm sorry to say this but fix your game engine before upgrading your graphics engine. I spend roughly 40% of my time in warframe falling through the ether because unstuck doesnt work. You guys refuse to fix rivens or rebalance the older frames and weapons. Game is just plagued with issues rn

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Wouldn't this end up an increase on the minimum requirements to run warframe? If so, then by how much?

Thay said it will still be tweakable by players so that older/cheaper PCs can still run the game (with low quality and high performance). Hopefully this upgrade will not increase the requirements a lot

• Like 1