Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Enhanced Graphics Engine

[DE]Steve

@[DE]Steve The improvements are amazing. The Plains look stunnung now. I just noticed a nasty increase in CPU usage when there's a lot of stuff going on. With the old engine I used to have 60 FPS in every situation, now I barely manage to reach 40 frames in heavy gunfights. My CPU usage goes up to 80-90% and it basically bottlenecks my GPU. (I have an i5-7500 and a 1660ti).

Turning shadow quality from High to Low helps a bit, but I couldn't find other cpu-bound settings.

Edited by DunkelUlv

I'm not certain if it is related to the model itself or the rendering engine, but when viewed from certain angles the Rhino Warlust helmet's lines (the black in this case) become fuzzy and less crisp compared to the ones on the body of the Warframe. A minor gripe, but one that is kinda annoying.HAcNIq0.jpgIt2PY5p.png

Edited by LiveWithHonor
New Image
  • Like 1

That's nice but disappointing that a lot of bugs/issues still remain. 

Was it DE's intent to have Avichaea be so difficult since there is only 1 location (most of the time) on the map and it is bugged since it gets stuck in the rocks so you cannot tranq it. 

Getting annoyed that the only way to hunt this is to keep abandoning the mission to get a working location which also doesn't work half the time. 

Please fix this. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

we will be vigilant to add additional options giving you the flexibility to tune the new system’s performance for the best Warframe experience possible.

Please tell me this will include an option to toggle Auto Exposure off again. It's been a massive detriment ever since it was made non-optional and literally dozens of players with light sensitivity have posted in the feedback thread saying that they can't even play the game anymore.

• Like 10

This is at 1440p capped at 90 FPS. It sometimes dips into the 70-80 FPS range when it seems like the game is shifting data around, e.g. going from one orbiter room to the next, I suspect a few frames are dropped while something blocks the rendering pipeline.

That is on a Ryzen 3700x and a RTX 3080. It looks really nice, but not "80% GPU usage on a 3080" nice1, I think the optimization has still some work to be done. :)

SIqlsLx.jpg

1 That said, the number reported by GPU Tweak might be misleading. This could be 83% usage of the rendering performance available a 1095 MHz, which way, way downclocked (automatically) from the nominal ~1700 MHz.

Edited by Mephane

3 hours ago, BoxxyB said:

Lol less than 10% of pc players even have rtx capable gpus according to steam stats. I'm sorry to say this but fix your game engine before upgrading your graphics engine. I spend roughly 40% of my time in warframe falling through the ether because unstuck doesnt work. You guys refuse to fix rivens or rebalance the older frames and weapons. Game is just plagued with issues rn

And since when he's saying that only PC will receive this changes? Do you know the Series X is already running with RayTracing? With the new console gen, RT will become standard.

• Like 1

How about you fix the game before you go upgrading the graphics and make Warframe even more of a resource hog. Not everyone who plays has a built PC for gaming.
Warframe, as is, is one of the best looking games. I would rather see you focus making improvements to the game. A shiny turd is still a turd.

Edited by CouncilofTheSeven
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Damelije said:

I have a nvidia 960 GPU will i still be able to run the game?

I have a Lenovo gaming laptop running the 960m with 4GB.  Running at maxed everything (except for anti aliasing etc.) the lowest FPS I've seen is 38 in open worlds.  In missions, it stays around 60 and dropping to 40 when there's a LOT of stuff going on.

My desktop with a 1080 has no dips in frames.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

...While it is our intention to phase out the old system we do intend to keep performance and scalability a priority in the new rendering engine. While the new system is dramatically faster for dynamic lighting and shadows, these are not a ‘free lunch’ (**) in any system and we will be vigilant to add additional options giving you the flexibility to tune the new system’s performance for the best Warframe experience possible.

Raising the ceiling but keeping the floor where it is very a smart move. I take it the Switch and phones will likely run with baked lighting for performance reasons. I can't wait for DL to be fully implemented for the game. 🤘

Lets hope they have thought this through carefully. WF has reasonably low system requirements at the moment right?. if they up the graphics, how will it affect the performance on majority of player base cpu/gpu's?. If it impacts heavily, how many are going to upgrade either parts just to play a F2P game? Hell no.... (unless you lack sense,have too much free time or money.....)

2 hours ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

I'm using a RX 470(~970 to 980 performance) 8GB and a 75Hz Freesync monitor. Running the game pretty much maxed out and can hit 75fps no problem. Hope that helps.

Yes Thank you, I seem to be running just fine, there are a few minor frame stutters but hopefully those are ironed out.

Can't care less about new fancy rendering when everything is overexposed white mess with overblown blinding vfx on top.

Last time I checked the recently introduced deep fried overexposure issue was present in both rendering modes.

And excessive effects have been an issue since forever and only got worse over the years.

• Like 3

I lost reflections when I switched to the new Enhanced (BETA) from the Classic all video settings are max.

Before. Classic.

Spoiler

A9C7B5EC06AAA26BEB1A5E48ED20779873595750

After. Enhanced (BETA)

Spoiler

7B2633E0BBC15CB5F1B388F6E180943BBA9E6A59

How do you get more realistic lighting, shadows, and reflections on the new Enhanced (BETA) I'm running Windows 7Ultimate 64bit, video GeForce GTX 1660 Super Gaming OC 6gig. Or is parts of this another thing only for Windows 10?

I greatly, GREATLY appreciate the effort to improve visuals - I realize this is no small undertaking. Also that with all the content in Warframe, some things may not appear correctly. Being able to choose the Classic engine is a nice touch, just in case some of our machines are more potato than PC.

I do have a major grievance however with the "Forced Auto-Exposure" setting. This is generally a post-processing effect and can be disabled at-will by the developer, to my understanding. My (extremely sensitive) human eyes already simulate brightness making areas initially brighter, and darker initially darker. Being unable to disable this effect makes the game MUCH harder to play in certain areas (Open Worlds, maps with brighter and darker areas, etc.), and am unable to play for somewhat extended periods of time without feeling pain or pressure in my eyes. When the brightness changes I now have to take pause and close my eyes while the screen adjusts for brightness level. This probably annoys other players, as I'm often stopping to wait for the adjustment in intensity.

If anything could be done to mitigate the intensity, or disable this effect altogether - I know a great portion of the playerbase, including myself, would be greatly appreciative of this.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Tried this but locked at 60fps even with  vsync off and max framerate at no limit or 144hz. I use an with rtx 2060 and i7 9750h.

NVM my power cable was out. can hit 144, stable at 130

Edited by matblck

6 hours ago, Helmed said:

steve your ambition is gonna kill us all, or my computer rather

I can barely squeeze out 50fps on a 960

By next year we'll be gaming "PUBG mobile" style graphics if we can't afford to be "Forbes500" elite gamers.

INSERT: "The future is now old man".meme

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb [DE]Steve:

RTX ON? What’s next? Phasing out the legacy system will allow us to focus our efforts on one. This will open the doors for future exploration in new technologies. There’s a lot going on in ray-tracing and machine-learning augmentation of rendering… stay tuned!. 

(*) Technically the old system would render dynamic lights in batches of three. So scene CPU/GPU complexity would double for every 3 lights.

(**) Realtime shadows require you to render the scene from the ‘lights perspective’. This is much faster than the main scene but is extra GPU workload to consider.

Can´t wait for RTX in Warframe - Thank you so much !!