Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.2

51 minutes ago, PhillTheVoid said:

Mine is completely borked now. SteelSeries Duo. Blinks the chat on/off 2-4 times in a single trigger pull. 

Ye same. Classic DE hotfix something and break something else... No surprises here.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, -Mr.K- said:

No fix for tusk heavy gunners having insane damage? Guess I still have to stay away from POE content, rip.

Assuming you are referring to necramechs getting shot down quick, don't forget that there's is the second ability to use. I had initially forgoten about it,but it does help quite a bit.

Fantastic hotfix, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the changes to shadows/light rendering (and the rest went over my head) and appreciate the fixes.

Unfortunately, I am re-iterating my suggestion to add functionality to Helminth by being able to type in the name of the warframe the ability was subsumed from and for it to come up. As of right now this only works if the warframes name is in the description of the ability.

• Like 1

I've gotten an odd bug lately when the launcher loads, it briefly says "Plains of Eidolon" before switching to "Heart of Deimos." I've tried to get a screenshot, but I'm not fast enough on the keys, heh.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

Assuming you are referring to necramechs getting shot down quick, don't forget that there's is the second ability to use. I had initially forgoten about it,but it does help quite a bit.

I'm referring to tusk heavy gunners doing an extremely disproportionate amount of damage on the plains, frequently one shotting players, defense objectives, and eidolon lures.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, staranow said:

@[DE]Megan Any plans to once again raise the cap on Nightwave ranks? Because (once again) tenno have reached the cap of Rank 90 for Glassmaker and Part 5 of the crime scenes isn't even out yet...

Or give us a toggle to turn off Nightwave while solo, I've been max Nightwave rank for weeks and weeks now, with Nightwave crime scene not even viable yet, this is dragging out longer than it should. 

Dealing with glass enemies can be frustrating in open worlds they kill hunt animals and fish when they explode if you kill them by mistake.

• Like 3

I'm always extremely eager to hear about engine upgrades, optimizations and technical details. Whenever it involves helping Warframe run smoother and look crisper than ever, that's when you REALLY have my attention. Please keep these optimizations up no matter what! They're so valuable to have.

Edited by Offmycheese
Too long at first :p

Positives: It seems like the scripting team has been sent on a long journey, and fixed a lot of things that were a problem.  I've never seen these bugs....but good.

Negatives:

In this litany of fixes I don't see the fix the the "Assist the Corpus Researcher" bounty phase on Deimos.  You changed it, and either broke it or didn't list it as an intended change.  Defending the shield drone is absolutely idiotic when its shields do not regenerate, it wanders off away from Tenno and Latrox, and most frustratingly its now a three front mission (defend Latrox, collect drops, defend shield drone).  It's generally the bounty phase to fail on, and it's pretty frustrating to see either undocumented changes or idiotic bugs.

The new lighting engine is...tapioca.  All of the consistency of mush, and very little improvement.  Maybe that's by design, so that you can say it's a next generation lighting system.  I'm trying to see this in real gameplay....and require turning off all of the effects to see it.  What effects?  Motion blur, color correction, and have to crank up some of the details.  After all of that it's still functionally so little of a change that my screenshots from 5+ years ago are almost indistinguishable.  I have no words.

I've already made several criticisms of stuff that's been broken for months.  Instead of dedicating the resources to that, we have a bunch of resources fixing cosmetic issues on the new stuff.  I get the priority here is for getting people to spend money....but come on.  Literal thousand of lost syndicate reputation because you can't be bothered to fix the spawn on a new tileset is a joke.  Likewise, 1+ month and Helminth is still uncovering new bugs.  I'd ask if you guys ever did testing, but fear that people would call me out on your behalf citing covid and being unable to work in the office together.  It's not like you've got a computer system which could allow players to test out changes prior to going live, serving up the ability to do free bug identification for your team.  Oh wait, test servers.

Finally, let's talk about the public image.  The implosion of the partner program, and the slow roll out of the replacement is interesting.  It's obviously an exercise in cherry-picking content partners with a track record of praising your game, or those who don't prod you too hard.  Fine.  What I'm going to ask you is what exactly they are selling.  As of this year there's 4 prime accesses.  1 large event (Scarlet Spear).  1 major rework (Corpus ships).  There's about half of an open world...with most of its content being promised as coming "soon."  Top all of this off with Steel Path being a bullet sponge nightmare, where the finest in cheese tactics is required to farm a resource used for cosmetics, and 2020 is the year that will probably do the most to make sure next gen adoption isn't going to be a thing.

Now, on top of the disappointment it's time to discuss what your former partners are up to.  They're expressing that this game isn't worth pursuing.  They're calling out numerous flaws and failings.  While a segment of this is unfair, the majority is simply holding you to task for what is true.  It's not a great look, and with literally nothing on the line here it's entirely reasonable to think that any ability to blunt this is now gone.  Exactly what is the logic of curating partners when the primary sources of this media are already being pushed on video platforms?  It's effectively offering your detractors a megaphone to broadcast their opinions, and it makes no sense.

I will say that I watch crap posters like Shy, meme posters like Zita-Wup, and Rahetalius.  These people are not your supporters, and it's hard to argue with a lot of what they say.  I'd ask you understand this...but after previous responses I'm not sure you get it.  It's not about hate.  It's not about personal attacks.  It's never been about that.  What it's been about is watching for years as bad decisions have been compounded, the treatment of players has changed, and the tone of responses to criticism has basically required torches and pitchforks if it doesn't match what the development team wants.  That's depressing.  It's not the DE who listened to players years ago.  It's not the DE I want to pay money to.  Most frustratingly, it's not the DE that deserves our attention.  Shortly it will be the DE that is drowned in a sea of competition, and reliant on its whales.  Those whales who will disappear as the content is even lighter, and the cosmetics are literally the game instead of just the quip about endgame.

• Like 12

There is a bad bug right now after the last update when you do a vault and exit through plant thing you come to surface and can't launch into the air. if you launch hoverboard  you start falling under the planet surface. "Was using wisp at the time".   Done this a few times to me now. 

And for some reason when you get to third Vault you get even more errors. Also find it very hard to get Cortege Receiver.  done way over 100-200 runs in all 3 vaults. Feels like a dead donkey now.

• Like 1

New changes to the engine are good and hopefully there'll be some improvements to brightness/lighting to objects that ingame appear way brighter than necessary or too "glowy".

• Like 1
9 hours ago, xXZarthaNXx said:

When will Railjack Navigation always zooming into Earth Proxima even after doing a mission on Saturn or Veil be fixed? And also when are Xaku round 2 changes gonna go live?

You're bothered about that? If you ask me, they should fix the RJ issues that are way more glaring than this. For example, if you exit a Railjack during mission and reenter it or enter some Grineer asteroid base you're supposed to trash, archgun and sword are still visible. I need to make a screenshot of this.
Anyway, it looks as stupid as Vay Hek is ugly. Also, sometimes RJ missions are bugged so that you can't finish missions.

The only way to resolve this is if the host leaves. That somehow resets something and the rest of the squad can finish the mission.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Megalomaniakaal:

No, he is referring to level 15 Tusk Heavy Gunnsers dealing 18k dps, whereas level 100+ regular Heavy Gunners will deal 15k dps. If you dont know what that does to you, go to PoE, look for a Tusk Heavy Gunners, aggro it and look at your health bar.

• Like 2

My aiming feels strange ever since the deadzone changes... I know they lowered the default deadzone but what was the equivalent beforehand? Does anyone know what numerical values I need to enter for the new settings to get the same feel as I had it before this update?

Edited by Reynard_Fox
  • Like 1
44 minutes ago, Luisian321 said:

No, he is referring to level 15 Tusk Heavy Gunnsers dealing 18k dps, whereas level 100+ regular Heavy Gunners will deal 15k dps. If you dont know what that does to you, go to PoE, look for a Tusk Heavy Gunners, aggro it and look at your health bar.

And I imagine it this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=votcOf5cYCM&t=11

Tusk Heavy Gunners: Let me show you a magic trick, Tenno!

1 hour ago, Reynard_Fox said:

My aiming feels strange ever since the deadzone changes... I know they lowered the default deadzone but what was the equivalent beforehand? Does anyone know what numerical values I need to enter for the new settings to get the same feel as I had it before this update?

The actual deadzone values shouldn't have changed for look inputs (we just added the same ones for the other analog stick), but we did change how the non-dead area is mapped slightly, so that might be what you're noticing. We should have a setting out in an upcoming hotfix (though perhaps not today) to allow you to use the old mapping behaviour if you wish. The new behaviour should have more range of motion if you can get used to it, but we can definitely understand having established muscle-memory for how the old one worked so we'll make that an option in the future. The feedback is much appreciated!

Regarding your archwing boost mapping resetting, can you provide more details? Is it on the default button or did you rebind it to another one? I hadn't heard of this yet, but we can definitely take a look.

• Like 1