Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.2

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Reynard_Fox said:

Cheers, yes it must be the new axial movement that's throwing me, I'll try to get used to it, nice to know the old square box is coming back just in case though.

As for my mapping resetting, I'm using a 360 controller and I have chosen to map boost to the right bumper, much like where I map sprint/roll. However ever since Steel path dropped, every time i sign in my Archwing boost is reset to activate power. None of my other mapping resets, only this one aw control.

Speaking of muscle memory, can I please bug you to have my many-years-requested feature to have separate X/Y axis controls for mouse and keyboard looked into? Occasionally I'd like to use my mouse but I'm a Y inverter and that makes my mouse backwards.

Just to clarify, the square deadzone only existed for movement/UI inputs before this update. Look inputs have had the radial/axial/maximum values demonstrated here for a while now, so the change in this update was first adding it to the other analog stick inputs, and then also changing the remapping slightly as you can see between the red/green dots as you play with the analog sticks on that page.

Would you be able to submit a support ticket for the Archwing boost binding issue and submit EE.log/cfg? We weren't able to reproduce the issue here unfortunately. It'd be helpful if you could also submit the "settings" file that's found inside a folder with a large alphanumeric name in the same place that EE.cfg is found. It'd help us greatly in figuring out what's going wrong here. Thanks!

I don't see any mention of adding colors to any of the abilities that have multiple uses (i.e. Ivara's Quiver, Vauban's Minelayer, Xaku's The Lost, Titania's Tribute, Khora's Venari, Wisp's Reservoirs, Grendel's Nourish) yet do not have colors as per Ivara's Quiver/Vauban's Minelayer to make it easier for the visually impaired to tell what they have selected. If possible, can we have this added, and in the future have it as the default for cycled abilities?

27 minutes ago, [DE]Jengerer said:

Just to clarify, the square deadzone only existed for movement/UI inputs before this update. Look inputs have had the radial/axial/maximum values demonstrated here for a while now, so the change in this update was first adding it to the other analog stick inputs, and then also changing the remapping slightly as you can see between the red/green dots as you play with the analog sticks on that page.

Would you be able to submit a support ticket for the Archwing boost binding issue and submit EE.log/cfg? We weren't able to reproduce the issue here unfortunately. It'd be helpful if you could also submit the "settings" file that's found inside a folder with a large alphanumeric name in the same place that EE.cfg is found. It'd help us greatly in figuring out what's going wrong here. Thanks!

Alright, I'll make a ticket when I get a moment.

8 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

last devstream talked about the infested kitguns and so far nothing ...more than 1 month already....

A credible theory I saw is that DE might not want to release anything that gives MR until there is enough that founders and normal players can both reach MR30 in the same update. IIRC founders are just 1 new weapon away from it. Releasing Wukong Prime, infested kitguns, and the new nightwave glass sword in one go would avoid the issue.

They also might not have the MR30 test or rewards ready yet or something. Or their development processes and time management are still a mess due to current events.

1 minute ago, Llamatronian said:

A credible theory I saw is that DE might not want to release anything that gives MR until there is enough that founders and normal players can both reach MR30 in the same update. IIRC founders are just 1 new weapon away from it. Releasing Wukong Prime, infested kitguns, and the new nightwave glass sword in one go would avoid the issue.

They also might not have the MR30 test or rewards ready yet or something. Or their development processes and time management are still a mess due to current events.

to me its not a "issue"...im mr 29 and i really dont care about others getting mr 30🙄

On 2020-10-08 at 2:09 AM, [DE]Jengerer said:

One last thing, what was the actual percentage of the deadzone before the update? My sticks are a bit worn and drifty and at 20 i'm finding my frame twitching around in ways that it didn't before the update, whatever the previous default deadzone setting was was in just the perfect spot and I'd like to know exactly where it was if I could.

Just now, Reynard_Fox said:

One last thing, what was the actual percentage of the deadzone before the update? My sticks are a bit worn and drifty and at 20 i'm finding my frame twitching around a lot more than before the update, whatever the previous default deadzone setting was was in just the perfect spot and I'd like to know exactly where it was if I could.

It was at at the current value of 15% for look/aim inputs and a 20% square deadzone for the other inputs. We are actually going to revert the default across the board to 20% just so that there's a good out-of-box experience and players with healthier sticks can reduce the deadzone instead of the other way around. Might come next week, but you can try bump it to 20% and see if that improves your experience.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Jengerer said:

It was at at the current value of 15% for look/aim inputs and a 20% square deadzone for the other inputs. We are actually going to revert the default across the board to 20% just so that there's a good out-of-box experience and players with healthier sticks can reduce the deadzone instead of the other way around. Might come next week, but you can try bump it to 20% and see if that improves your experience.

That's the weird thing, I do have it at 20% atm for movement and i'm finding my frame sometimes walks off on his own or twitches to the side in a way that didn't really happen before the update. Guess for now I'll just knock it up a couple of notches and then see how it feels when the default is reverted in the next hotfix.

Edit: Also I never knew there was a disparity between movement and aiming deadzones, I set both aiming and movement to 20% and I just realised this explains the weirdness I've been feeling in my aiming.

On 2020-10-07 at 5:14 AM, -Mr.K- said:

I'm referring to tusk heavy gunners doing an extremely disproportionate amount of damage on the plains, frequently one shotting players, defense objectives, and eidolon lures.

Ah, in that case the captains have the same issue. If you don't lock them down via CC and they can get a barrage of bombs off on you or the defense objective. RIP.

23 minutes ago, Reynard_Fox said:

That's the weird thing, I do have it at 20% atm for movement and i'm finding my frame sometimes walks off on his own or twitches to the side in a way that didn't really happen before the update. Guess for now I'll just knock it up a couple of notches and then see how it feels when the default is reverted in the next hotfix.

Edit: Also I never knew there was a disparity between movement and aiming deadzones, I set both aiming and movement to 20% and I just realised this explains the weirdness I've been feeling in my aiming.

The disparity in the aim feel might also just have been the "legacy" axial remapping that I mentioned yesterday. We added an option for that in the latest hotfix just below all the deadzone ones, so you could try and see if that makes it more like how you remember. That should be identical to how it was before the first hotfix that added deadzone settings as far as I can gather.

Regarding the 20% still giving you drift for movement sometimes, I wonder if it's related to the fact that it no longer uses a square deadzones, so if your analog stick is resting at the corner of the old square, it could be outside of the radial deadzone now and you might have to bump it up higher for that stick. If you wouldn't mind doing an experiment, you could get the Warframe to start moving on his own and then alt-tab to this page, press a shoulder button to make sure the page values are updated, and then see what the values are for AXIS 0/1 (assuming you're moving with left analog stick). That'd help us make sure nothing's regressed and it is just that your sticks need a higher threshold.

On 2020-10-07 at 3:34 PM, Luisian321 said:

No, he is referring to level 15 Tusk Heavy Gunnsers dealing 18k dps, whereas level 100+ regular Heavy Gunners will deal 15k dps. If you dont know what that does to you, go to PoE, look for a Tusk Heavy Gunners, aggro it and look at your health bar.

It's worth noting that the 18k damage from tusk heavy gunners comes from the archwing weapon that they should only equip when you are in archwing or the mech so outside if those situations it is probably indeed a bug. And I do know, have experienced it myself, but personally only when using archwing or the mech.

12 hours ago, [DE]Jengerer said:

The disparity in the aim feel might also just have been the "legacy" axial remapping that I mentioned yesterday. We added an option for that in the latest hotfix just below all the deadzone ones, so you could try and see if that makes it more like how you remember. That should be identical to how it was before the first hotfix that added deadzone settings as far as I can gather.

Regarding the 20% still giving you drift for movement sometimes, I wonder if it's related to the fact that it no longer uses a square deadzones, so if your analog stick is resting at the corner of the old square, it could be outside of the radial deadzone now and you might have to bump it up higher for that stick. If you wouldn't mind doing an experiment, you could get the Warframe to start moving on his own and then alt-tab to this page, press a shoulder button to make sure the page values are updated, and then see what the values are for AXIS 0/1 (assuming you're moving with left analog stick). That'd help us make sure nothing's regressed and it is just that your sticks need a higher threshold.

My aiming seems to feel alright after setting it back to 15%. Pretty sure it was lag introduced by the larger deadzone throwing me off only slightly, but enough to mess with my muscle memory. Will need to test it more after the devstream.

Also, I did the steps above and my stick values are currently:

AXIS 0 = 0.21509

AXIS 1 = 0.00809

Edit: Yes it was definitely the 20% aiming deadzone that was throwing me off, back at 15% feels as right as it ever did.

11 minutes ago, Reynard_Fox said:

Also, I did the steps above and my stick values are currently:

AXIS 0 = 0.21509

AXIS 1 = 0.00809

Interesting, with those values it seems it would've been outside the 20% square deadzone before the rework as well, so I couldn't tell you why it only manifested now. At any rate, you'll probably want to bump the deadzone on that stick to 23-25 or experiment with the settings here to find a more accurate value.

1 minute ago, [DE]Jengerer said:

Interesting, with those values it seems it would've been outside the 20% square deadzone before the rework as well, so I couldn't tell you why it only manifested now. At any rate, you'll probably want to bump the deadzone on that stick to 23-25 or experiment with the settings here to find a more accurate value.

Seems to be stable at 22, so I'll see how that goes.

Archived