Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black background with Enhanced Graphics Engine

HunterDigi

KwETXOL.png

I just installed the update, launched the game, logged in then alt tabbed away to do some stuff and when I tabbed back in (windowed borderless btw) the above is what I could see.

Probably from the alt tabbing because it didn't have that issue on login.

Also, I changed engine to classic and then back to enhanched and no more blackness, so whatever happened it's not permanent or consistent (I'll see in the future if it happens again tho)

EDIT: I played with deferred rendering since it was first introduced and never saw this issue, and I did alt tab and let the game in background after logging in quite a few times, so this blackness thing is new.

EDIT #2: didn't happen the next day, no idea what caused it.

Doing the sortie 2 in the Void, I somehow ended up with everything rendered as a solid, completely grey/black screen... EXCEPT for the UI. All UI elements were perfectly rendered and colored correctly. Everything else was completely dark, with random bits of render thrown about here and there when effects happened.

I made it to the extraction point using the minimap only. Once I extracted back to the Orbiter, the screen went back to normal. Went into Sortie 3, and the bug happened again, but then went away once I switched the graphics engine to Classic.

gmiD0kg.png

Hi, Im having the same issue.
Begin with the implementation of the enhanced graphic and black squares flashing in the screen but a few every hour, but with the last update this black squares become a black screen with visible hud and option menu visible, so I can disable enhaced graphics or change screen mode from fullscreen to borderless and fix it, so come back to fullscreen and in seconds come back the black screen.
I try disabling the dynamic resolution, pre configured manual to 75, first change to disable and second try with automatic, and for an hour not having problems with any black square or black screen with disabled or automatic resolution (more test are required). Again black screen with dynamic resolution in automatic.

Hi, Im having the same issue.
Begin with the implementation of the enhanced graphic and black squares flashing in the screen but a few every hour, but with the last update this black squares become a black screen with visible hud and option menu visible, so I can disable enhaced graphics or change screen mode from fullscreen to borderless and fix it, so come back to fullscreen and in seconds come back the black screen.
I try disabling the dynamic resolution, pre configured manual to 75, first change to disable and second try with automatic, and for an hour not having problems with any black square or black screen with disabled or automatic resolution (more test are required). Again black screen with dynamic resolution in automatic.

I've had the screen black out several time just doing regular star chart missions.  The UI is still there and usable, but the screen is black.  I am using the enhanced graphics as well.  So far, by Alt-Tabbing out of the game and back in seems to reset it back to normal.

Running a Suda Syndicate defense mission and using the Enhanced Graphics Engine my screen went black.  I could still see all HUD items and the game was working.   I switched back to the Classic Graphics Engine which fixed the issue.

Graphics: Geforce 980ti
CPU: Intel i7-6700
Memory: 32GB

Like this screenshot? 

I wonder if it shows up black again if you set it to enhanced and go to the same map, for me it didn't show up black since I posted that and that was on login... but I haven't played any syndicate missions tbf... I do however have the decorations in my orbiter, maybe those triggered a one time shader error that got rebuilt when I changed the setting...

Yep, exactly like that screenshot.  Some additional info.  The mission was in the void and there was another warframe there that was using some thing or ability.  I know color doesn't matter but it was a gold object that he set on the floor.  A circle of gold / yellow energy was pulsating out from it.  I jumped through this circle and that is when everything went black.  I will turn enhanced mode back on and report any further issues in better detail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The black parts of screen aren't the same as what I posted especially since they happen with classic engine too, so they're different issues.

For example if you're 40m+ away from a kuva siphon your screen gets a black spot on that area as if there's a lens flare that's missing texture.

Similarily with melee heavy slam, sometimes it makes a short black box around it as you look down when slamming.

In this topic however, the black screen I'm talking about covers the entire screen and it's permanent until you fix it by changing engine type or probably restarting game.

Archived