Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could rework one ability on a frame, what would it be?

(XBOX)ParrotTom

I'd like to rework Radial Javelin so kills with Excalibur's abilities "store up" javelins and unleash them all on either a heavy attack/ slam with Exalted Blade or recast of that ability.

Edit: I know I said one ability, but looking at other frames, Gara could definitely use a rework.

Passive: Reflects damage to enemies in close proximity.

1. Hitting enemies with the whip leaves glass shards on the ground. Shards slow and damage enemies.

2. It's fine, just leave shards when damaged.

3. Rain glass from above for a few seconds. Leaves shards.

4. Shatters all shards, causes powerful bleed procs.

There's nothing she can do that frames like Frost can't do better. This focuses a lot less on defense, but adds more of what you would expect from a glass themed frame.

1 minute ago, Dauggie said:

one of most useless kit is of Zephyr imo, she can have such good ability yet we got wind knockdown or some S#&$. just sad, not that she already is primed, expecting her rework would be too much to ask

Deluxe often sparks a rework too, she's wildly overdue for her deluxe. 

Eclipse, Mirage's third ability. It's inconsistent how it currently works. The way I understand it works is the amount or damage reduction/damage increase you get is not a set amount that you mod for that's displayed on you config screen. Instead it varies depending on the intensity of the light/darkness you are currently standing in. I'm not sure if that's true but I've heard that from multiple people. Even if that's not the case, it's still inconsistent.

It should be a tap/hold to cast or be able to cycle the ability to choose what buff we want. 

If we were able to choose dark or light with our emissive like we can do on Chroma and Equinox it would be acceptable. Not ideal but better that what we currently have. 

I really like mirage but I never play her because I find it pointless to mod for an ability that you have no control over what effect you're getting. 

The last time I played Mirage was when you could light her up with vengeful shock ephemera. Since DE removed that unintended interaction I have completely ignored the frame. 

Sound Quake. 

A quick, simple, safe fix would be to  swap the base ability and the augmented ability, and update the stats to 2020 levels.   It could be a ton more creative than that of course--synergies, debuffs, complete overhaul from the ground up, whatever, and I've seen a dozen ideas that would be a huge improvement over what we've got. 

Really, just anything to get out of this horrendous do-nothing-but-channel-a-boring-AoE, the dull-timate ultimate, Sound Quake.

I would make it so that Ember’s first ability automatically included its Augment. Tap 1 to launch a fireball, hold and release 1 to get a damage buff.

You know. The way Protea’s grenade fan works. Tap 1 to launch a small area damage, hold 1 for an absolutely incredible shield buff, no Augment required.

christ, only one? but there's SO many trash abilities, as the Helminth System has pointed out!

for now I'll say Chroma's 1. make it much longer range and use the formula that Beam weapons have instead of Status per Second which is hot garbage. damage for it should also be increased by Vex Armour's buff. 

I'd make sandstorm (and tornado for Zephyr) pull enemies in and pin them to the floor rather than ragdoll them all over the place.

I like both abilities visually, but throwing enemies around isn't ideal. That small change would keep the cc aspect of the abilities, but also add a 'clump together ready for slaughter' aspect.

Valkyr's Ripline - Have a fixed high velocity pull from any angle rather than horizontal being weaker than vertical.

Nyx's Mind Control - Mind Freak should be baseline and scale with ability strength, it should also increase attack/movement speed of the controlled unit.

Loki's Decoy- Spawns 4 specters (at rank 3) which are invulnerable and draw aggro, but deal no damage. 

Mag's Pull - It has a chance to drop energy orb if you kill someone with it. Why not change that to a debuff, which makes enemies drop energy orb when killed in general?

Zephyr's Airburst - Tap variant should make a mini Vauban vortex with 1 second duration. 

Frost's Freeze- Create a blizzard around him, constantly proccing cold status and reducing accuracy of enemies inside it. 

Frost's Ice Wave- Enemies hit by the wave vet impaled on icicles which sprout up from beneath. 

I was going to say Radial Javelin, too. Basically, it now more or less functions like a cross between Vergil's spectral swords from Devil May Cry and Option A from Strider.

Attacking with Excal's 1, 4 or equipped melee builds a meter that allows you to summon swords around you, pointing outwards from Excal and spinning around him. They rapidly do damage to anything nearby, scaling off Exalted Blade's mods and totaling about half the DPS of swinging Exalted Blade, while also providing you with damage reduction for every sword active.

However, once they're armed you can hold down 4 to switch modes. You lose the damage reduction, but the swords spread out to your sides and point in front of you, and they will fire any time you press M1, regardless of weapon equipped, doing 1.5x the damage of Exalted Blade. This spends the swords, but you can re-build your meter while you're doing this to recast when you run out.

I would change spellbind.

Either: Decrease casting time by 50%

Or: Make it radial cast.

Titania is a caster warframe with an emphasis on mobility. Yet, 2 of her abilities (Spellbind and Tribute) as such a long casting time for their usefulness that it completely breaks the flow of her gameplay. It feels like I have to cast and then WAIT, which would mean stopping what I was doing just so spellbind can be done doing its targeting.

Her kit has rather conflicting pacing, making her not very flexible.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Vauban.
2nd Ability. 
Remove Vector Pad.

Worst part is, it doesn't even need to be replaced with anything. Just decluttering the cycle menu would already be an improvement.

Personally, I'd want to take a frame that is otherwise to my liking, but has some dead/boring weight in it. And since a friend of mine encouraged me to try max range Xaku, I'd say Xata's Whisper would get reworked, for me. It's an uninteresting component of a kit that could otherwise be quite fun.

Alternatively, giving Rift Surge (Needlessly convoluted ability that accomplishes nothing of real value) or Chroma's 1 (Just plain bad) an overhaul would do well too.

Inaros new sandstorm

Loose description: Creates a huge sandstorm that reduces enemy combat effectivness and giving allies protection.

Inaros summons a cylinder of whirling sand 2m wide and 5m tall(not affected by range) for 25s.  The cylinder will break line of sight to anything that looks from the inside out and vice versa. Outside the cylinder loose sand flies around the cylinder reducing enemy accuracy, speed and damage on targets. Amount depends on how close the target is to the storms eye: accuracy penalty 0-40%, speed reduction 0-25% and damage reduction 0-75%(not affected by strength). The loose sand radius is 20m. Enemies affected by puncture status will take a stacking slash damage from the sand. Damage build up is affected by strength and amount of puncture procs on targets(Side not: this damage scaling works like Hydroids undertow damage scaling).

Ability synergies:

Dessication - Have a 80% chance to proc puncture on enemies.

Devour - Enemies killed by sandstorm while in devour will spawn the sandshadow. Inaros can pull the sandstorm around.

Scarab Swarm - Draining your health while in the storms eye will add scarab beatles to the storm, adding corrosive damage to the storm.

Augment: Enemy bullets fired into/in the sandstorm will get added as scrap flying around and when the storms duration runs out the accumulated bullets will get flinged in all directions dealing damage. Storm can be deactivated on will.

Revenant's enthrall, make the thralls actually useful or at least immune to ally damage so you actually get a chance to use synergies with them. His other skills are fine.

Inaros sandstorm. Love the visual effect, reminds me of The Mummy, but christ its weak. Needs a damage and mobility boost.

Every single ability that is 3 combined ability’s in 1.

All would be click to cast x part hold to cast other part. Combine what you can if not the most useless part of the skill group goes by by.

some would get merged into 1 skill. Wisps, Grendel, Ivar(make what the arrow hits determine what type it is.) on an Allie invisible, enemy sleep, wall line.

Just remove these 3 in 1 ability’s.

Archived