Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stinging Thorn has too much forward movement with no input

AdunSaveMe

It's a pain trying to attack anything with this stance because the forced forward movement means I'm constantly whiffing enemies or being thrown past my target. If the point of the melee rework was greater control over combos, then this should change. If I'm not pressing W, I should not be moving forward, and this goes for every stance.

This was a problem ever since they forced stance-mode melee on us. A very large number of players reported this when we suddenly had no choice about being effectively stunlocked and ragdolled by our own weapons and each and every one of those reports was completely ignored. It's now been more than a year and a half and there has been no sign of improvement - in fact, it even got worse with the stance changes in melee 3.0.

Also, it's not just being moved forwards. Try going backwards or to the side when using pretty much any stance (I think there are something like 3 or 4 stances which let you move freely while attacking, where "stance" includes "weapon with no stance mod installed") and see if the game obeys your instructions.

And when you do actually want to go foward, say using the ''gap closing'' move (some of which have less range and movement then the neautral *cough* Gleaming Talon *cough*), say with your Ninkondi or Shakku, well...I regret to inform you that the range of this ''''gap closing'''' move has been reduced to what a Narrow Minded Slash Dash looks like...bloody nothing.

Rapier lunge (charge) attacks... Previously Coptering Jr. and actually effective in combat, and an actual lunge. Currently something I swear feels like the exact opposite of a lunge.

I could go on.

Archived