Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I missing out on MR if I level while an MR Test is due?

Kaffeebohnson

I am in bit of a weird situation.

The MR17 test is due (kill enemies while on a time limit, hit orbs to extend timer).

I practiced the test and failed.

I read that Wukong is great for this, just let his clone kill while you work on the orbs. As fate would have it, I had just put Wukong Prime in the oven.

Of course, he is still tiny and weak. Can I level him up before taking the MR17 test, or will I miss out on his MR level points that way? 

*Can* I even level up gear while the test is due?

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

So I could technically level everything as MR0, then take 30 MR tests in a row?

yes, with 24 hours gap. although you cant build weapons / activate quest if you are not at proper MR requirement. like MR14-15 minimum for all weapons

On topic : Nope. Not missing out on any points so you can just happily level stuff up without worries.

You should just practice some more. Maybe you can clear it without depending on wukong. Pretty sure its not impossible and even if you fail you can try it with wukong later if you really need to cheese it. 

3 minutes ago, DissentWomble said:

On topic : Nope. Not missing out on any points so you can just happily level stuff up without worries.

You should just practice some more. Maybe you can clear it without depending on wukong. Pretty sure its not impossible and even if you fail you can try it with wukong later if you really need to cheese it. 

I like how using a warframes ability as it should be used is considered cheesing.

Just now, OggerAZ said:

I like how using a warframes ability as it should be used is considered cheesing.

Its the easier way to do something. Thus cheesing. Didn't mean to bring a negative connotation to it. 

Just proposing to the OP its possible to clear the test with other frames rather than relying on that one trick.

Thx for the answers guys, this puts my worries to rest!

I'm sure I could pass the test with a bit more effort, just something about the one-change-per-24-hours stresses me out. It reminds me of taking a math test back in school, and I just freeze up. It's ridiculous :D So I take all the help I can get to get this arbitrary meaningless number up :)

7 hours ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

I am in bit of a weird situation.

The MR17 test is due (kill enemies while on a time limit, hit orbs to extend timer).

I practiced the test and failed.

I read that Wukong is great for this, just let his clone kill while you work on the orbs. As fate would have it, I had just put Wukong Prime in the oven.

Of course, he is still tiny and weak. Can I level him up before taking the MR17 test, or will I miss out on his MR level points that way? 

*Can* I even level up gear while the test is due?

this question has been asked quite often in the last 2 months.
DE had already thought of this an no your never missing out on mastery when you have rank up test to do.
if so when you were mr 0 an ranked up to mr1, you would have noticed you might have already had enough mastery points to do rank 2 test but still had to wait the 24 hours to do next test. Then you wouldn't have been able to level up anything as you couldn't earn any more mastery for anything

8 hours ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

So I could technically level everything as MR0, then take 30 MR tests in a row?

While I understand what you're saying, I just want to clarify something.

(Almost) every weapon has an MR requirement, so technically speaking, you can't go from 0 to 30 without ever ranking up

7 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

While I understand what you're saying, I just want to clarify something.

(Almost) every weapon has an MR requirement, so technically speaking, you can't go from 0 to 30 without ever ranking up

You can still bypass many of those requirements if you buy the item from the market with plat. A while back an MR 0 veteran player shared a screenshot showing that they have enough points to get to MR 25. 

New players wouldn't be able to do all of the things that guy had done because of changes to the system but they can still get pretty far if they want to. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You can still bypass many of those requirements if you buy the item from the market with plat. A while back an MR 0 veteran player shared a screenshot showing that they have enough points to get to MR 25. 

New players wouldn't be able to do all of the things that guy had done because of changes to the system but they can still get pretty far if they want to. 

There's no real benefit in doing that tho XD

Archived