Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the new amp meta?

Sept3var

Question

Hi all, I wanted to get back into edilons but the amp i have now has the self stagger mechanic (x27 amp) which is very annoying, I havent done any edilons since last year so its been a while and a lot of things have changed.

1) What is the current meta amp for edilons?

2) Also arcanes for amps, has the meta changed for them as well? (currently got a Virtuos Fury)

Thanks all in advance.

10 answers to this question

I haven't played dolans for a long time, but generally speaking conventional wisdom says x77 + Virtuos Shadow. It was quite honestly better than x27+Fury even before self stagger, especially in public squads where other experienced madurai users aren't guaranteed.

Recipie for disaster success is pretty simple. You want the best bang for your VS charge. Due to dolan DR shenanigans (applies both to shields and body) the only way to bang is crits. So if you madurai, you want a single high crit high damage shot. Best crits means Certus. Highest single damage shot with good crit means Propa. Since Propa doesn't do the forced impact proc, Fury is useless. Therefore Shadow is bestest (you proc it with a void dash to dolan heda).

You could probably do some hipster stuff like Uairu + 7x7, but you'd better not subject other people to such perversions and only do it solo.

nothing has changed since the Vox Solaris parts were added. :)

pick either Piercing Flak Grenade (Shraksun), or Timebomb (Propa).
sniper (Raplak) has always been the Prism to use for Eidolon Hunting.

Virtuos Shadow is the only Arcane worth using for Eidolon Hunting. since none of the low Crit Amp Parts are worth using.

13 hours ago, (PS4)DrBeardyman said:

177 vs as dps 774

@(PS4)DrBeardymanwhen you say "as dps" do you mean that dps should use 177 with Virtuous Shadow and other group members should use 774, or are you suggesting DPS use 774? I don't remember what all the parts do off-hand, but if there's a certain amp that's good for a Trinity or the non-shield breakers that you'd recommend I'd appreciate your advice. Trying to get back into Tridolons and I don't know if I like shield breaking enough to focus on it.

The current meta for Eidolons seems to be 177, combined with a Virtuos Shadow Amp Arcane. Virtuos Strike can also work well, it really depends if you´re confident with your headshots.

Other prisms seem to be sub optimal with Madurai (dmg buff for the next 8 attacks after leaving void mode).

I personally don´t like the 7 scaffold, as it´s a very situational fire type, but it´s working well for multiple hits on eidolons or fast clearing groups of vomvalysts. I suppose you could still go with any scaffold you prefer.

On 2020-10-08 at 5:09 AM, D3RPAxios said:

@(PS4)DrBeardymanwhen you say "as dps" do you mean that dps should use 177 with Virtuous Shadow and other group members should use 774, or are you suggesting DPS use 774? I don't remember what all the parts do off-hand, but if there's a certain amp that's good for a Trinity or the non-shield breakers that you'd recommend I'd appreciate your advice. Trying to get back into Tridolons and I don't know if I like shield breaking enough to focus on it.

because usually dps using uw and not doing void damage. 774 allows to regain operator energy way faster for more uw spam.

20 hours ago, tipsy_princess said:

because usually dps using uw and not doing void damage. 774 allows to regain operator energy way faster for more uw spam.

Ah, ok. Makes sense. I've been out of the loop for a bit too long it seems. I imagine the 7 prism is for dealing with voms?

Archived