Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pets 2.0: Adoption Agency

Alphas

Something that always bugged the crap out of me about pets and Kubrows specifically is how random it is to get them.  Genetic imprints don't guarantee results and are generally a waste of time.  Because of that, many doggos and kitties end up getting sent to the pound.  What would be nice is a sort of adoption agency where players can adopt and raise pets that have been consigned because they didn't look correct or have the right breed.  This would help dramatically with reducing the absurd RNG grind of incubation.

It seems to me like the original Kubrow implementation was DE's attempt to rip off any of the various breeding games. There are probably more recent examples, but the ones I can think of off-hand are Chocobo breeding from Final Fantasy games and that awful Chau breeding thing from Sonic Adventure. Cross that with a Tamagochi that you have to keep feeding and petting otherwise it DIES and you have Pets 1.0. A lot of systems in Warframe are designed like this - take an existing design from another developer and copy it wholesale, then try to adapt it to Warframe post-factum. Hell, look at Nightwave (aka the Warframe Battle Pass) and how many changes that went through before people stopped hating it on principle.

Long story short - yes, I agree. Far as I'm concerned, the whole "breeder" aspect of the system is entirely superfluous and just serves to limit player engagement with the system. I'd much rather just HAVE pet customisation which allowed me to change size and build and eye colour and such.

Archived