Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What went wrong with Isolation Vaults?

When HoD came out, the Isolation Vault runs really got my interest so I jumped in with feet first.

Early on, there were no issues that I can remember and the pub games were fun to do. Gradually though, little bugs started appearing but not enough to ruin the mission. Then it turned ugly- getting stuck in Operator mode, bait thrown at the monster door not working, etc- and I kept thinking "How did this get so messed up?".

And I think the problem is the Necramechs. The more I, and others, started using them the more problems surfaced. It's a shame too, because Isolation Vaults and Necramechs are fun when they're not buggy to the point of frustrating. 

Please DE, fix this.

I like playing this game but I'm taking a sabbatical while the bugs get squashed.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

yeah, stuff seems to fall apart quick when you take a mech. chances are DE never really intended for people to take them into Vaults (so lord knows what will happen if they do let us take them to regular missions).

I burned out on Iso Vaults myself, that goddamn Cortege was one of the worst farms I've done since Atmo Systems, so can't comment on how stable those missions are nowadays, but the game is ultimately still designed around Warframes and not the Mechs, so there's always gonna be problems when you take a mech. that's not to say you shouldn't use it; you, me and everyone else with one worked/traded hard for our killer corncobs, but DE are unlikely to prioritize mech fixes when there's so many other things that need fixing also.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

When HoD came out, the Isolation Vault runs really got my interest so I jumped in with feet first.

Early on, there were no issues that I can remember and the pub games were fun to do. Gradually though, little bugs started appearing but not enough to ruin the mission. Then it turned ugly- getting stuck in Operator mode, bait thrown at the monster door not working, etc- and I kept thinking "How did this get so messed up?".

And I think the problem is the Necramechs. The more I, and others, started using them the more problems surfaced. It's a shame too, because Isolation Vaults and Necramechs are fun when they're not buggy to the point of frustrating. 

Please DE, fix this.

I like playing this game but I'm taking a sabbatical while the bugs get squashed.

Define "fun"....because i go there to get stuffs....fun for me has another meaning.

The main problems I see with the Isolation Vaults:

• Too much waiting in one location

Two of them are forced upon us (Bait Machine and the Infested Toxin Tunnels) and one is optional (protecting Loid/Otak to open the Vault generators). It takes around 5 minutes of just waiting in total, which is the same time needed to defend a single canister inserted into a Thermia Fracture. It contradicts Warframe's value in mobility.

• Design of the Hostile Necramech Fights

The main kicker is the lack of good visual feedback. Storm Shroud turns on without any warning, and if you're not quick enough they can refresh it in a near instant. Necraweb's slow effect is larger than visually portrayed. They have small hitboxes for both their arms and their rear engine.

They have no interesting player-to-enemy damage interaction aside from using our own Necramechs to ram the hostile ones to stun them.

Like Tusk Thumpers, but much more punishing that forces us into cheeesing the encounters badly with damage reflection (Octavia, Wukong, etc.) or something that hits past their invulunerability outside of damage reflection (Ignis Wraith, Stropha, Larkspur). The design of the fight contradicts what DE stated about the Status Rework in March; status immunity invalidates that rework.

• Rewards

The low RNG of the Cortege parts, along with being the exclusive area to drop them gives the Cortege a bad taste. The Relics are okay since they're part of the Prime Access Relics, but timewise it's really not worth it.

What the Isolation Vaults contain significantly help players get the other Entrati Tokens or something like Necrathene. As such, they lack a long-term reward. Along with the Argon Crystals and Void Traces, I would dare to put in Ducats and Oxium inside the Vaults as a reward too

As others have stated, it gets really wonky when people start bringing mechs. Personally I never liked the idea anyway so maybe I'm biased (if I wanted to play mechwarrior, I would) but almost every time there's a game breaking bug in Deimos for me, there's also some guy stomping around in one of those ugly things.

Mech code needs a rework and so does their design. (I often find the rest of the squad having to carry the mech user because it's just too slow and often a well modded frame and weapon combo can shred much faster than a mech anyway).

I wanna add something, I really want to play a streamlined and less buged iso vault someday, because the vaults are amazing and the concept it's very cool, it would be a shame to keep them broken,  but I have hope of more development since they are adding a new necramech and more content to Deimos as a whole, but since they cannot work properly due covid it may require more time and iterations... Let's see deimos 2 

Iso vaults dont offer enough interesting rewards atm, especially if you dont care about mechs. I just want cortege for mastery but I cant be bothered to do them just for that, they are way too long missions for so little gain compared to eidolons. 

I'll just wait until they either add something worthwhile there like arcanes or that they rework it to be more interesting gameplay wise. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Please DE, fix this.

Giving the necramech mods low drop chance. It is why I stopped playing, along with not much in terms of rewards once you unlock the mech parts to build your own. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah, stuff seems to fall apart quick when you take a mech. chances are DE never really intended for people to take them into Vaults (so lord knows what will happen if they do let us take them to regular missions).

I burned out on Iso Vaults myself, that goddamn Cortege was one of the worst farms I've done since Atmo Systems, so can't comment on how stable those missions are nowadays, but the game is ultimately still designed around Warframes and not the Mechs, so there's always gonna be problems when you take a mech. that's not to say you shouldn't use it; you, me and everyone else with one worked/traded hard for our killer corncobs, but DE are unlikely to prioritize mech fixes when there's so many other things that need fixing also.

Yeah I feel ya. I gave up on the Cortege for the moment because I'm just too burned out on the Vaults. I would play them more if I didn't get locked out of Archwing after summoning a 'Mech. But because I do, I don't use the mechs til the last vault, and that doesn't leave me much time to use them.

Until they fix that bug specifically (being locked out of Archwing after summoning a Mech for clients), I won't be returning to the vaults.

And I'm not gonna pay plat for the Cortege parts I don't have. I'll rarely use it anyways, so there's no point.

It's too bad. I was enjoying HoD for a while, but the bugs soured my experience. To the point where I'm not playing it anymore.

I suspect the issue is related to more people having access to/need the vaults now, so you run into more questionable hosts. Latency and other host related issues are the root of most problems anywhere in the game. And that wont get fixed anytime soon I think since it has been an issue forever. It is why I just solo most things these days since I wont have to rely on the hardware/software/connection/distance to other players.

I got the Cortege but the rewards feel a bit lackluster. Lately groups often seem to fall apart after the first or second vault. Too me Necramech mod farming is the worst. I don't even like mechs all that much. They have a very short lived 'power mode' which is energy hungry and no internal way to regenerate energy. Outside this mode they have nothing a WF can't do just as much or even better.  Endlessly farming mechs in the vault just for a chance of a few decent mods is tiresome.

Those bugs were on on day one, you were lucky to just recently discover them.
After they did the first hotfix they became more but not by a lot(because they were a lot to begin with).
The biggest problem is with the terrible drop rate for 2-3 mods.
I gave up farming mechs after the 500 killed one because at this point I will give some plat to get it if I really need it.

I've leveled and Formad my Necramech several times on Vallas, but it sits idle otherwise. There's just too many bugs involved that can lead to mission failure (especially when locked into Operator form), along with the loss of utility mods like Vacuum, Loot Radar, Enemy Sense, etc that are too useful to lose.

If we could actually DEPLOY with our Necramech instead of Warframe, and had the various support abilities, it would be awesome. But as it is, it's more tedious than the rewards require.

13 hours ago, Duality52 said:

The main problems I see with the Isolation Vaults:

• Too much waiting in one location

Two of them are forced upon us (Bait Machine and the Infested Toxin Tunnels) and one is optional (protecting Loid/Otak to open the Vault generators). It takes around 5 minutes of just waiting in total, which is the same time needed to defend a single canister inserted into a Thermia Fracture. It contradicts Warframe's value in mobility.

• Design of the Hostile Necramech Fights

The main kicker is the lack of good visual feedback. Storm Shroud turns on without any warning, and if you're not quick enough they can refresh it in a near instant. Necraweb's slow effect is larger than visually portrayed. They have small hitboxes for both their arms and their rear engine.

^^

This pretty much sums up my burnt-out of iso vaults. even the cortage isn't worth this prostate exam of a iso vault runs

Well...the Bugs & Glitches are just a part of the issue(s).....you left out the pathetic drop rate and chance on getting The Necramech Mods themselves as noted by other topics and players. Getting the parts to actually build one wasn't bad...but getting the Mods to actually use it has been nothing short of a frustrated nightmare. Sure, others have gotten plenty of mods to play and toy with it but by far a vast majority hasn't despite running the Vault 60, 80, 100 times....

...throw in the fact at the same time you're accumulating plenty of resources like those Loid uses that you can't use anywhere else or having a hard time getting other resources and/or parts you need to build. All this revolves around The Isolation Vault Runs which unless you capable running solo or have 2-3 in a dedicated team can be a roll-of-the-dice just getting to Tier 3.

We haven't been back there...Heart of Deimos or Vault...in nearly three weeks. For us, "The Fun Factor" was fading away with a feeling of no real accomplishing anything so we moved back to hunting Linchs' for new weapons, doing Fissures, Events, leveling Stuff up and actually felt better....

15 hours ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Please DE, fix this.

Early on there were LOTS of issues. 

Right now there's one where the host can enter the Vault no problem, but everyone else does that "collapse and revive" thing like if you jump off the map.

I've also noticed the "bait" get lost a couple of times, and I'm not sure what caused it probably poor aim, but not all of the time. You just need to get another. 

Every so often the enemies don't really spawn the way they're supposed, but that's not really an issue for the bounty because they ones with the antitoxin are force spawned at the appropriate times. 

A couple of times I've had the client bug with the glyphs all showing as a single thing, but just telling host to do the puzzle lets us through. 

The RNG is.... RNG. I spent weeks not getting cortege drops, and then got a bunch. Will keep farming it for the mods, but I accept the nature of RNG. 

Regarding transferring being bugged I did have an unknown error crash my game that seemed to be related to that because I was stuck in spoiler/mech mode. But I just let it send the automated report and restarted. 

Overall the whole thing is absolutely playable and I enjoy it. 

It is one of the worst piece of content ever. They did what they told: procedurally generated caves, except there are few spots, few different caves, and conceived it as an infinite time sink platinum press except it scales more with p2w boosters. It is not fine at all ^^'.

Good idea in theory....will take time to make decent (e.g. Railjack).  However...it is still another "content island" as is with most games.  I had a lot of fun with it until I realize that the difference between annoying/boring was razer thin (meta vs non-meta).    I would have to say the first few vault runs were exciting....I was actually paying attention.   Then...I realized the scope of the farm and how it was nearly impossible to make it quick.    I do vaults solo now....and pretty much AFK'm and watch YT videos.  There is just now way to speed'm up by "active play".  Throw in a nyx...press her 3 with the augment...take a nap.   If moderately clever you can put empower to replace her 1 and still have enough strength to strip the mech w/ one more mod and still have huge range/duration.  *shrugs*.

A 15-20 minute loop for 6 mechs is too long....especialy when 95% of it is sitting on your hands.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

SneakyErvin- I don't think it was a latency issue because there wasn't the usual stuttering and freezes. It was just that stuff didn't work like it was supposed to, like being stuck in Operator mode and Warframes disappearing. Can latency issues cause problems like that? 

Since you are on PS4 it is likely mostly a latency issue because you all have more or less the exact same hardware. So probably the host had a bad ISP day or had alot of people around the house wasting his connection. My bet is on a Wi-Fi user that hosted and had hick ups.

If you were on PC I'd say the reason would first be a host with potato hardware followed by a bad connection. It has happened alot for me with bad hosts where I cant transition back to operator or equip/unequip archguns etc.

Now if you were the host I have no idea how it happened since those issues are things I've never once ran into solo or as the host.

Archived