Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What went wrong with Isolation Vaults?

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Now if you were the host I have no idea how it happened since those issues are things I've never once ran into solo or as the host.

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Regarding transferring being bugged I did have an unknown error crash my game that seemed to be related to that because I was stuck in spoiler/mech mode. But I just let it send the automated report and restarted. 

That one happened to me while I was host, also happened just as we were heading to the third vault (was farming for cortege). I had been using my mech in the toxic cave prior and couldn't move back to the frame. Also found I couldn't bring up the chat windows to let the team know there was a problem and I'd take a while to get to the vault to help. Got an unknown error crash shortly after. As soon as I got back I sent whispers to the other members of the group explaining and apologising. Did a couple more runs that didn't go well for other reasons and figured that RNGsus wasn't happy with me that day, so I logged off shortly after, and tried again later.

17 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That one happened to me while I was host, also happened just as we were heading to the third vault (was farming for cortege). I had been using my mech in the toxic cave prior and couldn't move back to the frame. Also found I couldn't bring up the chat windows to let the team know there was a problem and I'd take a while to get to the vault to help. Got an unknown error crash shortly after. As soon as I got back I sent whispers to the other members of the group explaining and apologising. Did a couple more runs that didn't go well for other reasons and figured that RNGsus wasn't happy with me that day, so I logged off shortly after, and tried again later.

That sounds very much like an issues that seems to have gotten introduced with one of the patches which effects the whole game. I didnt get that exact bug, but when I got back from a steel path survival session a few days back I could barely do anything in my orbiter. Several icons in the foundry and helminth were missing, star chart was infinitely loading and during this I couldnt access the chat but I could see it scrolling on and read what people wrote etc. It peaked out when I couldnt access the arsenal, it just keep loading and loading. Had to end the game through the taskmanager. My esc button also didnt work during this time, so I couldnt escape out of the loading issues on star chart and arsenal. To get to the arsenal fromt he star chart I had to click my top left icon.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That sounds very much like an issues that seems to have gotten introduced with one of the patches which effects the whole game. I didnt get that exact bug, but when I got back from a steel path survival session a few days back I could barely do anything in my orbiter. Several icons in the foundry and helminth were missing, star chart was infinitely loading and during this I couldnt access the chat but I could see it scrolling on and read what people wrote etc. It peaked out when I couldnt access the arsenal, it just keep loading and loading. Had to end the game through the taskmanager. My esc button also didnt work during this time, so I couldnt escape out of the loading issues on star chart and arsenal. To get to the arsenal fromt he star chart I had to click my top left icon.

Yeah I'm not saying that it was the Iso Vaults fault I initially just listed off all of the significant issues I had while running Iso Vaults. Given the sheer number of times I've run them recently I'm not really surprised to have run into a couple of bigger ones, but honestly the only thing that happens consistently is the game letting host go into the vaults without "dying" and getting reset but everyone else having to step gingerly over the portal and restart any abilities as needed. 

The mode is absolutely playable as is, and we're getting the next batch of updates on console soon so hopefully it will have a few improvements in it. 

On 2020-10-07 at 7:53 PM, Duality52 said:
  • Too much waiting in one location

that's the main thing for me. the first half of each Iso Vault segment is just standing around waiting.

lack of good telegraphing and following of standard game rules on the part of the Mechs isn't great either. but mainly the first one. even though i've played plenty of Iso Vaults because i like the second half of the Bounty.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah I'm not saying that it was the Iso Vaults fault I initially just listed off all of the significant issues I had while running Iso Vaults. Given the sheer number of times I've run them recently I'm not really surprised to have run into a couple of bigger ones, but honestly the only thing that happens consistently is the game letting host go into the vaults without "dying" and getting reset but everyone else having to step gingerly over the portal and restart any abilities as needed. 

The mode is absolutely playable as is, and we're getting the next batch of updates on console soon so hopefully it will have a few improvements in it. 

It is possible the issue happens more often in the vaults since each vault is a seperate mission. Maybe the "save" between missions #*!%s up if someone is in the mech as the mission completes. I know I had some other issues in the vaults early on, like not being able to complete the vault in the vault I was currently in, so I had to run back to the previous vault to get the completion triggered. Might be something similar here with the game having isues keeping track of things properly. Atleast they've fixed the objective markers from previous vaults sticking aorund on PC.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is possible the issue happens more often in the vaults since each vault is a seperate mission. Maybe the "save" between missions #*!%s up if someone is in the mech as the mission completes. I know I had some other issues in the vaults early on, like not being able to complete the vault in the vault I was currently in, so I had to run back to the previous vault to get the completion triggered. Might be something similar here with the game having isues keeping track of things properly. Atleast they've fixed the objective markers from previous vaults sticking aorund on PC.

Can't say that I recall that having happened on console. I'm guessing either we didn't get that particular version ported to us, or that they fixed it before cert. 

Have had some vault doors take unusually long to open after the puzzle was solved, and occasionally the enemy mechs take a while to put in their appearance, but again I'd say that's on par with the regular enemies not spawning,  a very minor nuisance.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Can't say that I recall that having happened on console. I'm guessing either we didn't get that particular version ported to us, or that they fixed it before cert. 

Have had some vault doors take unusually long to open after the puzzle was solved, and occasionally the enemy mechs take a while to put in their appearance, but again I'd say that's on par with the regular enemies not spawning,  a very minor nuisance.

Yep, very possible that you guys got spared from that. I can tell you it was so very annoying. Usually the completion requirement was in V1 no matter if you were at V2 or V3, so always back to the center of it all to get it done. But it is also a thing that seemed to be tied to the operator, since it never happened if I entered the final room in my WF, but it happened several times if I ran in there as the kid after the door opened.

Archived