Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Revamp] Inaros' Sentence Concept Topic

Mirki

Hi there, first off i by no means consider myself a Proud Inaros Player, this thread comes as a attempt to Formulate a more enticing and fun way to Play Inaros, since the Reveal of Inaros Prime not too long ago and the Inmediate response of the Community asking for a ''Rework'' ideas started floating on my mind on how to Improve this Warframe aside from it's Main characteristic Role of being a Tank and thus my intention is to bring more to the Table than just that function.

Nothingless to Say this is ''Inaros' Sentence'' an Inaros Revamp Concept

Passive: 

Spoiler

Passive's Changes: Leave it as it is

• Intention: Since this Passive is alredy Characteristic of Inaros, it would be very off to touch it, and since it's not a Bad Passive, might as well Stay to not Alter the Warframe's personality

First Ability:

Spoiler

Dessication 2.0: Original Ability is Completely Discarded. The Ability becomes a Weapon-Buff type, all weapons Gain a Bonus Corrosive Damage 5/10/15/20% (Affected by Ability Strenght Modifiers) for 10/15/20/25 (Affected by Ability Duration Modifiers) Seconds. If a Bullet lands as Headshot with the Buff, the enemy becomes Blinded for 5 seconds and Opened to Finishers (Effect is not Granted on Melee ''Headshots'')

• Description: Fill Inaros' Magazines and Blade with Cursed Sand, dealing additional Corrosive Damage and Blinding Enemies that Eat Inaros' Fury
  • Dessication's Curse Augment: Leave it as it is
  • Intention: This Ability intends to Provide a new Approach to it's Original Mechanic, basically opening Enemies to Finishers, by doing so in a less Spammy and thus Less ''Intervaled'' Game style, while making landing Headshots a Condition for it's previously Extremely easy Bonus.

Second Ability:

Spoiler

Devour 2.0: Original Ability is Completely Discarded. While Targeting an Enemy, Cast the Ability to instantly deploy a Scarab Swarm upon said Enemy. The Scarab swarm lasts on the enemy 15/20/25/30 (Affected by Ability Duration Modifiers) Seconds stunning them for a brief period (like if they had been Heat Procced) and dealing 150/200/250/300 (Affected by Ability Strenght Modifiers) True Damage per Second while it's active. Inaros Heals a Fixed Amount of 25% of the Dealt Damage over Time. While the Scarab Swarm is active on an Enemy, all Shots fired to it regardless of where they Land become HeadShots (and are affected by the intended multipliers/proc Effects). Upon an Enemy kill which is affected by Devour, the Scarab swarm divides itself on 2 instances and search for another target, effectively prolonging the Skill indefinitely until it's duration runs out. Ability not Recastable during it's duration

• Description: Command the Curse to Devour Inaros' Enemies, effectively Healing it's King and causing all Fire to be Even more Lethal to it's Prey
  • Intention: This Ability intends to Provide a Synergy between Dessication and Devour, nonetheless effectively Buffing all Alied Fire since they'll become all Headshots on a Single/Multiple Targets. Additionaly provides Sustainability to Inaros' health as the Previous iteration Did while not Forcing him to stay in place (altought invincible) removing the Static Gameplay and Encouraging a Mark-n-Shoot Gameplay style.

Third Ability:

Spoiler

Sandstorm 2.0: Original ability is completely Discarded. Upon casting, Inaros summons a Sandstorm that quickly Gathers any enemies in a range of 4/5/6/7.5m (radius, affected by Ability Range Modifiers) and lasts for 1/2/4/5 Seconds (affected by Ability Duration Modifiers) in a whirlwind that does 300/400/500/600 Slash Damage (affected by Ability Strenght Modifiers) per Second with 25% Fixed Proc Chance. While it's active, if an enemy that is affected by Devour gets dragged into Sandstorm, Devours' effect passes onto all other Enemies affected by Sandstorm as well with 100% of it's Remaining Duration. Upon finishing of Sandstorm enemies that survive and Fall to the floor are stunned in Quicksand on the Ground (Similar to Original Devour) for Double the Modded Duration of the Sandstorm alone. Enemies killed by a Finisher/Headshot in this State will Generate a Sand Shadow of it's own for Fixed Value of 20 Seconds. Sandstorm is Recastable upon the Sandstorm alone runs out of Duration

• Description: Cast a Devouring Storm of Sand, dragging on a Chaotic Whirlwind and Leaving the Survivors on a State of Pity and Devastation. Upon merciless Finishers call them back up as Sand Shadows that will fight for the King
  • Elemental Sandstorm Augment: Leave it as it is
  • Intention: Much like the Original Sandstorm, this ability is a Sandstorm but rather not Dependant of Inaros' himself, allowing him to Quickly gather Enemies and Provoke a Massive Synergy with Devour while making a re-appearence of it's original iteration for a Bigger synergy and Effect upon Inaros' Gameplay of controlling the Sand and it's curse. Sand Shadows are intended to be a supportive Unit rather than a Damaging one (thus the Low Duration and no Damage increase) as will be seen on his Fourth Ability

Fourth Ability:

Spoiler

Sand Swarm(Scarab Swarm 2.0): Change Ability's name to ''Sand Swarm''. Original Function of Press and Hold of the Ability remains as it is (Health cost for Armor increase on Charge) Scarab Swarm deploy part of the Ability is removed. Instead after Fully Charging the ''Sand Armor'': Passing Through Sand Shadows will instantly deplete(kill) the Shadow and Inaros gains an increase of x2 the current Armor increase of Sand Armor and Regain Inaros' health based on the remaining health of the Sand Shadow consumed, Stacks up to 0/1/2/3 Times (Affected by Ability Strenght Modifiers) and Lasts for 20 Seconds (affected by Ability Duration Modifiers) after consumption (refreshes upon Consuming a Shadow)

• Description: Call for the Curse to Protect it's King, hardening Sand around Inaros' body granting Extra Armor. Sand Shadows will Answer the King's will, increasing furthermore it's Protection and Healing Inaros
  • Negation Swarm Augment: Leave it as it is (Losing Armor increase % will cause Inaros to be Unable to Further Stack Sand Armor but will not Deplete/Erase said stacks)
  • Intention: This is probably the Biggest Survability tool Inaros currently has, this Ability is not great on it's own since the Only damage reduction type it provides is Armor, which if it's not High enough, wont prevent Oneshots in most cases against New/Unconventional ways of Damage Reduction, thus the Reason why the Armor can Stack up to so High Levels (since an Effective x2 on each stack means the buff goes from 100% to 200% to 400% to 800% Extra armor in BASE stats). Furthermore it's added ''Shadow Comsuption'' Mechanic grants a synergy not only with New Sandstorm but also with Dessication's Augment (Dessication's Curse) granting them an Use alternative to Damage outpot by a non-escalating Army of Cursed Enemies.

As a Final Notation, i'd like to Again Express that im Not an Entitled ''Inaros Player'' and my understanding of what could be benefical and ''Fun'' for this Warframe will surely not be the same as the ones that do Enjoy playing him on his current State. This is again what i would like to be Able to do with Inaros, and what i do consider a Fun and Engaging Warframe Concept for Playing

Nonetheless to Say, im open to Criticism and Revisions of this very own Concept and willing to update it if something really changes my mind

Finally i would like to Add that a Month Ago, i did a ''Chroma Rework'' Suggestion that im gonna update it's formatting soon after posting this one. I consider myself a Chroma Main and i would love to see the changes i explain there to be Added, so if you'd like please Check it out!

Thanks for your time on Reading this Thread (and further actions you do involving it) and Hope we can continue to Improve the Game in some way
Cheers!

10 hours ago, Mirki said:

Dessication 2.0: Original Ability is Completely Discarded

Aaaaand... you immediately lost me.

The most common argument i see is that he's boring, but I would't say he's that much more boring that a  "3 buffs + auto-aim hold LMB ultimate broken frame that for some reason nobody complans about" that is mesa. Personally, i think his 1 and 4 should stay as is (the former is one of the best first abilities in the game and ties perfectly into his kit, the latter is functional with augment and doesn't require much help), while his 2 and 3 should be reworked, but reworking his whole kit "just because" is definitely going too far.

8 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Aaaaand... you immediately lost me.

The most common argument i see is that he's boring, but I would't say he's that much more boring that a  "3 buffs + auto-aim hold LMB ultimate broken frame that for some reason nobody complans about" that is mesa. Personally, i think his 1 and 4 should stay as is (the former is one of the best first abilities in the game and ties perfectly into his kit, the latter is functional with augment and doesn't require much help), while his 2 and 3 should be reworked, but reworking his whole kit "just because" is definitely going too far.

I got the same Complaint on Reddit and i alredy got a good explanation on why Dessication is so important, which i completely understand and agree with. However it's not a ''Just because'' Change on the Revamp. The problem i see with Dessication is not that it's a Bad Ability by any means, but it's an Ability that's either Frustrating on it's Main Purpose (Doing some Stabs) but also Spammy on it's nature which having it's Cast Animation as it stands locks the Player in Place for a Good amount of time each time. The version proposed here as said on the intend is to get rid of both of those Things and make it way more mobile, and viable (in case is used with Devour) while not being made a Dead Giveaway just like Mesa's 4 as you Mentioned. Sadly the only ability that i found good on it's own was the 4 and thus decided to Keep it (mostly) intact but also made it now crazy better (In my opinion of course)

In summary, altought Dessication right now it's good, it has Flaws and this is not just a Fix to that but also an strongher version overall and makes a less braindead gameplay

If you don't like it locking you in place during cast time, there's still no need for a rework - just give it "upper body action" property and that's it.

As for braindead spammy, what, radial blind is braindead spammy ability too?

7 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

If you don't like it locking you in place during cast time, there's still no need for a rework - just give it "upper body action" property and that's it.

While that CAN work for the first Half of Problems on the Ability still remains it's Spammy Nature and Underwhelming result of the Stabby Part, making it an upper body action is not enough for the sake of the Revamp

7 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

As for braindead spammy, what, radial blind is braindead spammy ability too?

Did i say it's BRAINDEAD Spammy?... I can't see it so excuse me if i did, but No, Neither are. Radial Blind is an Ability that has 50 ENERGY COST and Requires Line of Sight, definitely a task but Inaros' while only requiring 25 ENERGY COST it additionally needs for the Enemy to be looking at Inaros to be Blinded, both have their comprehensive task to manuever and a fairly balanced outcome. However Radial Blind has no lock-in-place animation and is intended/only benefit granted for Crowd Control, while it still allows for Melee Finishers to be used, Excalibur's nature doesnt demand it's usage, not like Inaros' where Dessication is arguably a Main focused source of Healing due to his Mechanics and Cheap Cost, making it furthermore casted way more times overtime than the other. Good comparison nonetheless, both are mechanically the same but how they are played and used is Very deferring.

9 hours ago, Mirki said:

Radial Blind is an Ability that has 50 ENERGY COST

Goes down to 12.5 with efficiency (which you won't run on inaros ever), so with zenurik active, you can spam it non-stop for like 23 seconds straight. And while it does require los, it covers 360* area around you and has far superior base range, resulting in a way superior room coverage. And you need to spam it at high levels, because excal has no survivability in his kit other than that, and melts fast compared to actually good frames.

Fact that you don't spam it doesn't mean other don't. I had a deducated build for that at one point, for example, because EB was and still is meh in its current state and not worth playing over baruuk.

16 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Fact that you don't spam it doesn't mean other don't. I had a deducated build for that at one point, for example, because EB was and still is meh in its current state and not worth playing over baruuk.

While it can be used that way and Build Diversity and Stuff is a thing that alredy implies those possibilities, it's again not meant to be used that way, however Dessication is meant to be used as mentioned. We agree that Baruuk is superior over Exalted Blade (altought it's not the topic) but Baruuk is behind a whole lot of Progress and Excalibur is gotten by just the beginning of the Game, there's still a balance.

12 hours ago, Solarsyphon said:

Who ever heard of inaros having abilities? 

Greetings, that may be the vision of many people regarding Inaros, but im here to try and Change that, please consider giving a Deeper look to my proposals and share your insight for making a Better frame overall!

Archived