bad optimization and its further degradation

sorry if it's wrong  place to post it. in this case tell me where i should post it. but i'd really like DE to see it and finally do something USEFUL. i gonna talk about so called ENHANCED GRAPHICS ENGINE. we all know that warframe's optimization are far from perfect. i dont want to say that it is awful but considering the fact that they are going to add that useless dynamic shadows/light foolishness and do nothing to improve performance, i can conclude that optimization is going to become really awful. i have gtx 1060 6gb, ryzen 1600x and 16 gb ram. and i still have fps lower than 60 when playing in open locations especially when there are many enemies. but what about players who have low spec pcs? DE is really going to lose even more people( u know it have already lost some part according to steam statistics). anyway i just want DE to improve optimization in first place. that's all. idk why modern developers think it is not necessary.i don't want my friends to stop playing this game and i'd like players to support this idea.

💩

• Like 1

Note that little tag next to the enhanced graphics option? The one that says "Beta" (or WIP, can't remember specifically)?

It's still in development, and giving it to players for testing so they can optimise its performance is literally the reason why it's available (and, need I remind you, optional).

• Like 11

If DEVs care which specs have their playerbase, games would be still look like Half-life 1, we have poweffull hardware a and also visual have some standards, so they cant care about palyers with 10 year old PCs, its simple as that-  take it or leave it

• Like 3
1 час назад, Corvid сказал:

Note that little tag next to the enhanced graphics option? The one that says "Beta" (or WIP, can't remember specifically)?

It's still in development, and giving it to players for testing so they can optimise its performance is literally the reason why it's available (and, need I remind you, optional).

hah do u think it is so? they even made test server but at the same time they still upload updates full of bugs

They even mentioned in the same post that they try to keep up the performance and giving low end users the chance to config their game so they don't run at 10fps

But what do I know, you clearly have read the full post and clearly understood every word since obviously English is your first language so you dont have to make a reactionary salt post including insulting other people out of nowhere instead of asking in the respective thread. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, .Ichigo_Kurosaki. said:

i am not talking about 10 years old pc. dont be stupid. at least 3-5 years. and i  said i have pretty good pc. and still have 50 fps. learn to read and to think before talking 

Let’s be honest, your specs aren’t that great. I have the option selected and consistently get 120+ FPS (mine dips down to 80 or so under heavy load). Your hardware is newer than mine, but also worse. Get a better GPU and CPU and it might work better. The devs cannot really account for lower end specs - DE does a good job of optimising things.

Its a WIP feature anyway. That means it’s not finished.

• Like 10
33 minutes ago, .Ichigo_Kurosaki. said:

i am not talking about 10 years old pc. dont be stupid. at least 3-5 years. and i  said i have pretty good pc. and still have 50 fps. learn to read and to think before talking 

Watch out, we got bad ass over here, learn to read between lines and not taking everthing as set in stone

And you must have something wrong in your PC, because i have similar specs, im using Core i5 6500K, yet i have 99,9999% of time 80+ fps everyhwere

Edited by Myscho
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, .Ichigo_Kurosaki. said:

sorry if it's wrong  place to post it. in this case tell me where i should post it. but i'd really like DE to see it and finally do something USEFUL. i gonna talk about so called ENHANCED GRAPHICS ENGINE. we all know that warframe's optimization are far from perfect. i dont want to say that it is awful but considering the fact that they are going to add that useless dynamic shadows/light foolishness and do nothing to improve performance, i can conclude that optimization is going to become really awful. i have gtx 1060 6gb, ryzen 1600x and 16 gb ram. and i still have fps lower than 60 when playing in open locations especially when there are many enemies. but what about players who have low spec pcs? DE is really going to lose even more people( u know it have already lost some part according to steam statistics). anyway i just want DE to improve optimization in first place. that's all. idk why modern developers think it is not necessary.i don't want my friends to stop playing this game and i'd like players to support this idea.

💩

I've got a similar spec pc but have a 1070 gtx and 32gb ram and don't have any issues your describing. My fps doesn't drop below 90 frames even under heavy loads.

• Like 1

just out of curiosity i looked up warframe and the gtx 1060 6gb on youtube and from what i saw, those people were getting around 200 fps with everything set as high as it would go....so off hand i'd say you have a problem somewhere creating a bottleneck.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Watch out, we got bad ass over here, learn to read between lines and not taking everthing as set in stone

And you must have something wrong in your PC, because i have similar specs, im using Core i5 6500K, yet i have 99,9999% of time 80+ fps everyhwere

His GPU is more than fine for warframe, at max settings 1080p and should be eough probably for 1440p aswell.

Its the cpu that bottlenecks with many enemies at screen, first gen ryzens are pretty bad for gaming and open world areas with many enemies get pretty intense pretty quickly for your cpu.

6500k even if kinda old is better, warframe is more optimized for single cores usage rather than multicores and 6500k has still a pretty great single core performance. ryzen 1600 might be on par or better in benchmarks and for certain workflows, but its definitely much weaker for warframe. For sure new gen console will push better multicore optimizations, but as it is now the cpu isnt great for open stressful scenarios in game

5 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

His GPU is more than fine for warframe, at max settings 1080p and should be eough probably for 1440p aswell.

Its the cpu that bottlenecks with many enemies at screen, first gen ryzens are pretty bad for gaming and open world areas with many enemies get pretty intense pretty quickly for your cpu.

6500k even if kinda old is better, warframe is more optimized for single cores usage rather than multicores and 6500k has still a pretty great single core performance. ryzen 1600 might be on par or better in benchmarks and for certain workflows, but its definitely much weaker for warframe. For sure new gen console will push better multicore optimizations, but as it is now the cpu isnt great for open stressful scenarios in game

I tried Nvidia DSR setting at 4.00x which is equivalent for 4K res and still have enough fps for pretty much decent playing (Warframe UI is pretty crap under 4K)

But i only have 1080p monitor so im using 120 FPS cap instead

Edited by Myscho
3 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

just out of curiosity i looked up warframe and the gtx 1060 6gb on youtube and from what i saw, those people were getting around 200 fps with everything set as high as it would go....so off hand i'd say you have a problem somewhere creating a bottleneck.

the new game engine upgrade might be a bit heavier, but a 1060 6bg should be more than enough for 60fps rock solid at 1080p. and very likely at 1440p aswell.
Its not bad optimization, its just a very weak cpu. If your pc cant handle the still very light new rendering, just stay with the previous version. You cant think that optimizations mean performance boost. It means graphical upgrade at little cost.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Myscho said:

I tried Nvidia DSR setting at 4.00x which is equivalent for 4K res and still have enough fps for pretty much decent playing

But i only have 1080p monitor so im using 120 FPS cap 

yeh, the game is still very light if your system is balanced.  If you have a pretty good GPU but a notebook level cpu the result is that you wont get even 60fps in stressful areas.
And i am not saying that from the perspective of a pc masterrace user, i have a pretty weak gaming pc (gtx 970 4gb, i5 6500) and can still manage easy 60fps in any given scenario in warframe. thats what a clean and balanced system does for you

I also have a system with gtx960 and i5 6400 and that is the only system that is too weak to keep 60fps in intense scenes at 1080p all settings maxed with new rendering. with a couple tweaks (not huge drop in graphics) it handles solid 60fps except a few drops in open world areas where the vram is just not enough

Edited by JohnKable

hah do u think it is so? they even made test server but at the same time they still upload updates full of bugs

Test server is for gameplay balancing and feedback gathering, not bugfixing.

• Like 3

That doesnt really indicate at all what settings you use though, how much is cranked to max, what resolution you try to run and so on. Steve has also said there will be more options for the different settings later on so people on low end rigs will have the option to turn several things off or down with the enhanced engine aswell.

2 hours ago, .Ichigo_Kurosaki. said:

💩

I would have agreed with you, if you had written this post before the recent changes applied to the new graphics engine, i swear, before these changes i had some fps drop in fortuna/cetus, and really really huge and bad performance in deimos along with kinda hot temperatures (68-72 C fortuna/cetus and 72-79 C in deimos), but after the recent changes, i no longer have any issue, nor high temperatures (i barely reach 45-50 in fortuna/cetus, and 60-58 in deimos).

i saw improvements with this new engine, the graphic looks more cool than before, and so are my GPU temps.

btw, i have gtx 1660 6gb with a ryzen 5 2600x 16gb ram

10 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

Interesting, because I can't get 200 fps in heavier load missions with a 2070 Super and a Ryzen 7 3700X and 32 GB of Ram with the game installed on an NVME from Samsung. I get good fps, but this game doesn't have the best optimization.

OP, I would just stick to Classic. You get better damage with Mirage anyway :clem: 

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

look at your GPU Utilization. if your GPU is at 100% or within a few Percent of it, then you are GPU bottlenecked.
otherwise, you are CPU bottlenecked.

this can help you determine what you can try to do to help your performance. almost every setting in the game is GPU dependent, but there are a few CPU dependent ones.
with a GPU that is <6Tflop maybe even <7, there's certainly some settings which i don't think are a good idea to try and push. mainly the two Particle settings, but also advanced Reflections, off the top of my head.

for posterity, Ryzen 1000 did have so-so performance, with having not great Memory support despite directly scaling the performance of the Chip with Memory speed. as well as the Cores themselves being just 'alright'.
doubly so if one paired their Ryzen 1000 Chip with bargin low Frequency Memory, or if they never atleast enabled XMP for their Memory.

Edited by taiiat
13 hours ago, .Ichigo_Kurosaki. said:

i have gtx 1060 6gb, ryzen 1600x and 16 gb ram. and i still have fps lower than 60 when playing in open locations especially when there are many enemies.

Your specs are very similar to the ones i have on my new PC, and how comes you get less than 60 fps? when i have far above that? Are you sure you are not running multiple programs on the background?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, .Ichigo_Kurosaki. said:

Yes, this option is, well, optional. No one forces you to use it

I also have a 1060, & with everything maxed, the game runs around 80fps in the most busy situations. I think it's your pc that has a problem at this point

The option turns GPU usage from a rough 75-80%, into an 85-90% usage...sadly my CPU gets cranked up and caps me to 40 fps...20 when it gets real spicy ingame...

Unfortunately, I'm not home to see how insane that CPU usage jumps from classic to enhanced beta

Edited by Orblit