Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Enhanced" Graphics Engine reduces Eclipse damage by 83% - Why Eclipse has to be reimagined

Iterniam

This is one of the reasons why I'm not a fan of tying gameplay to otherwise completely unrelated systems as a gimmick, like lighting or cosmetics, because changes to those systems produce the above sort of run-on effects that most people wouldn't immediately be able to anticipate. Honestly, Mirage's kit reacting to lighting in general is a gimmick that has only done her a disservice: this isn't the Thief game series, and Warframe is not a game where lighting normally plays a part in gameplay at all, nor do I think the devs ever factor Mirage into play when designing their tilesets. Moreover, we're made to traverse rapidly through scenery with drastic changes in lighting the entire time, so with all this in mind, making a frame's mechanics dependent on such an arbitrary condition just makes for really inconsistent gameplay. I'd much rather Mirage have that part of her taken out, and her kit altered so that she can have the kind of power she currently has on command.

It would be fine if we could control the light and dark. For example If Prism created light sleight of hand created darkness. Though to be fair this kind of interaction is more in line with passives than an active ability.  I think to fix this mechanic it actually needs a fairly substantial rework of mirage to make it a more consistent mechanic. 

An example would be if you gave her a passive like Health regen in the dark and energy regen in the light. Then made eclipse lock either light or dark with a channel so if you lock light you don't get energy regen  to help make the two forms competitive.   Give prism light generation and sleight of hand dark generation.  Remove the channel on prism so it can use the light mechanic to generate energy for you  and give sleight of hand some tanking related buff like a dodge chance to  allies in the area. Then you have a mirage which has kind of a tanky dark form with DR, Regen and dodge chance and a damage dealing light form. 

That's just an example the point would be to give light and dark interaction to pretty much every ability and generally in the form of a passive. The point being is if this is going to be her gimmick it really needs to be her gimmick. 

If true (and I'm not doubting your word, just that I haven't tested it myself), that is another point against the new engine for the time being.

That, and the multicolored rooms you can get on the new corpus ships tiletset.

Thanks for having the patience to test this for all of us!

Archived