Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.3

[DE]Megan

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed script errors when Corrupted Vor spawns in the Void.

Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity

Why even bother any more, cosmetic issues get priority fix instead of game breaking S#&$... muh big console launch.

I at least hope you have a team working on a cross save feature before the launch of the next gen consoles.

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Added a game setting to use the legacy deadzone remapping when controlling look/aim input using the controller analog sticks.

Any chance this made the look hyper sensitive as well? I've got the setting all the way down and it's still spaztic.

Never mind. Looks like it was a steam thing.

OK DE, let's talk after there's another week completed, and a few more updates.  You'll note that none of these updates bore any real content, your stream included no dates, and we're seeing what was already available in-game for console players....  That's a bad look.

Now, let's talk about the largest issue I have, an Umbral Forma blue print for a reward drop?  It's taken literally years to accumulate them given the length of these miserable nightwave cycles, that never seem to end.  There's no content, and bang, you can get one.  Why?  Oh right....it's been a bad year for content and the lack of any timeline with all of these promises is making the situation need giving out an umbral forma.

Let's talk recent patches.  You cited this year was the year of revisions....why?  Well, these revisions included melee 2.99x and railjack revised.  Both of which are revisions based upon failed content launches.  In melee it was related to critical slash being the only choice....but the result was melee scaling better in every way than guns.  It also introduced issues with certain elemental status effects....which still aren't dealt with.  With railjack it was an absolute garbage launch.  4x buffs to a basic resource, weapons that literally couldn't kill any enemies before overheating, and forced RNG hunts to get basic mod capacity because you couldn't improve a drop were just terrible.  It's not really an improvement, when you've released absolute garbage and what you've done in the revision is give us a beta rather than pre-alpha state.

More importantly, let's talk Deimos.  You released it because railjack was put on the back burner.  Fine.  It had the Helminth system....that is still finding new ways to be broken.  You patched unrelated items, and made sure one of the bounties would basically always fail so that there's no bonuses ("Assist the Corpus Researcher").  You introduced 0.201% mod drops for enemies that at best spawn once every 10 minutes of play, and at worst once every 40.  Come on.

Add to this that your internal achievements are broken, and Deimos is the gift of failure that keeps on giving.  To put this into perspective, I've maxed out standing with Loid.  I have enough matrixes to buy everything thrice over and still refill it all.  Despite this I have not killed 5 Deimos Juggernauts.  A feat that is impossible in my opinion, given their spawns in the vault raids.

I'm sorry, but it's about time to shape up.  We've got two months left.  That's all for this year....and you're still not setting dates.  The Deimos rework...a rework to a piece of content not yet two months old, is the next thing.  The Alchemist is the next frame.  There's a new mech....and finally the ability to have enough mod capacity to install mods in each slot...but that's "coming soon."  This year has demonstrated absolutely abysmal results from your team....

Let's put this into a string of questions you need to answer.  Ones that need a date, and are based on your promises.

Ghouls saw when?

Dual wield nikanas when?

Deimos 2.0 when?

Umbral Forma blue prints being earnable when?

A chance to get the 0.201% mod drops from the mechs when?

Now that we're crystal clear, maybe you can give us something useful.  An hour of self satisfied discussions about people getting to MR 30, something literally the better part of a decade in the works, and no real answers other than "we'll just tack on some more levels" is pointing to the fact that you are asleep at the wheel.  Maybe once in the last decade it would have been reasonable to plan anything...or maybe just push Duviri as an orokin open world and call it a day.  I'd be disappointed, but at this point not surprised.

On 2020-10-08 at 8:32 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Added a game setting to use the legacy deadzone remapping when controlling look/aim input using the controller analog sticks.

Can we get that for the left stick as well? No matter what I do with the settings, the movement just feels worse than it did before the change.

On 2020-10-08 at 4:24 PM, TheGreatKazein said:

What you're referring to is a dedicated server. DE doesn't use dedicated servers in normal matchmaking. So they won't implement this until they completely remove their peer-to-peer network and buy a giant storehouse of servers.

SInce DE is already managing group matchmaking (and your assumption that they would necessarily require a dedicated server to "ghost" a group host, is, while possibly accurate, isn't a sure thing at all), presumably without a dedicated server, or hordes of datacenters dedicated to matchmaking.... I STILL think that DE could eliminate the Host Migration pain if users increased their perceived pain.

Still waiting for Mech Vacuum. When? (P.S. Not a Bandaid, a real fix) I'm not gonna touch Deimos until we get (oh and stop with 50% Plat discount vouchers). I will support you if you deserve to be supported again. And even then I will decide If I want to support companies located in an dictatorship.

P.S. Your Forum on Mobile Devices is still a trainwreck (to be nice here, there would be more suitable names to call it better)

Hello DE. another one of your latest set of hotfixes brings more bugs than it fixes. I have recently started seeing an increase in the bug occurence I like to call ' Dead controls', because it literally kills all controls useful. Even more annoying part of this is the fact that only 3 completely useless controls are not affected by it, namely: camera shoulder change (default key H), personal way point marker (default key G) and aiming down the sights (RMB). Can you please fix all the broken stuff before you go on releasing even more broken stuff?

EDIT: I know I have posted about this stuff already. But the fact remains that the bug usually occurs in the worst possible spots, like in defence mission, or when you had a really good open world farm going on. The only way to come out of this bug is to die and use a revive, which, if you are Inaros, is never gonna happen.

Archived