Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accidentally subsumed my favorite frame

Drakencarver

I accidentally subsumed my favourite Nidus which was one of many Niduses I had. It was by accident.
I had 4 loadout slots dedicated to several nidus fits and fashionframe.
The favorite Nidus was with a different appearance slot on it on a different loadout slot and I must have swapped it with one of the other niduses that was in that slot at some point in the past.

I did try the help desk, the folks at the help desk said nothing can be done and I got a little copy paste about posting on the forums.

That Nidus had 2 umbral forma on it, I went through second dream with it and Ive lovingly decorated it over the years.

It felt a bit like losing a dog.

Its been a few weeks now and opening the game is just depressing so I stopped playing at all. That Nidus WAS Warframe to me.

Spoiler

(doing fine IRL tho, life is a little more... interesting than it needs to be but yah... Nice Things have been lost and I'm finding other things to enjoy)

I'm kinda posting here to see if there's any hope left or resetting subsuming completely since I haven't subsumed anything else at all aside from some resources I wont miss at all.

Support are the only ones who can help you. But as far as everyone is concerned, Subsuming a Warframe through the helminth system is a Permanent process, and cannot be reversed, your warframe is gone forever.

What is more concerning than your nidus, since you have multiple of them, is the umbral forma you spent on it, so maybe Support may be able to refund you those at least since it was on accident.

10 minutes ago, -BA-NeoNexus5 said:

Contact support mate .... i sure if they found this they will help u out. 

However it will take time like always.

6 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Support are the only ones who can help you. But as far as everyone is concerned, Subsuming a Warframe through the helminth system is a Permanent process, and cannot be reversed, your warframe is gone forever.

What is more concerning than your nidus, since you have multiple of them, is the umbral forma you spent on it, so maybe Support may be able to refund you those at least since it was on accident.

I gave that a shot a bunch of weeks ago on ticket #2292196
The response was that nothing can be done at the moment and that any lost umbral forma has to be earned again manually.
I did urge them to see if anything at all can be done afterwards but the final response was pretty much "we are sorry, nothing can be done, go to the forums and read the wiki" Im MR29 btw :u

Isn't this just an opportunity to start new and make it better?

Unless I am mistaken, you only lost the frame with 2 forma and potato on it.  In the grand scheme this is not alot.  But from your post you seem to have others that shouldnt take you long to forma/potato/dress-up/what-ever-makss-you-happy.

Would be more depressing if it was a prime that is just went back to being vaulted. 

You go this.  Get back in there and make Nidus v9.0.

19 minutes ago, Drakencarver said:

I accidentally subsumed my favourite Nidus which was one of many Niduses I had. It was by accident.
The favorite Nidus was with a different appearance slot on it on a different loadout slot and I must have swapped it with one of the other niduses that was in that slot at some point in the past.

I did try the help desk, the folks at the help desk said nothing can be done and I got a little copy paste about posting on the forums.

That Nidus had 2 umbral forma on it, I went through second dream with it and Ive lovingly decorated it over the years.

It felt a bit like losing a dog.

Its been a few weeks now and opening the game is just depressing so I stopped playing at all. That Nidus WAS Warframe to me.

Reveal hidden contents

(doing fine IRL tho, life is a little more... interesting than it needs to be but yah... Nice Things have been lost and I'm finding other things to enjoy)

I'm kinda posting here to see if there's any hope left or resetting subsuming completely since I haven't subsumed anything else at all aside from some resources I wont miss at all.

By that do you mean you submitted a request here? https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

If you did, and then told you professionally and firmly that they cannot bring back a subsumed frame, there is not anyone else who can intervene as far as I know. 

If I understand it correctly, there are certain things where it is the policy of the higher ups that support is not allowed to reverse, even if they can. When it comes to something where you have to even type confirm, that is often the case. You might not be screwed on the umbral forma though, I cannot tell you they WILL help you, but if they haven't told you no yet on just giving you those back, then the worst thing they can do is say no. 

Edit: Just read your above post, that really sucks that their policy doesn't even allow them to return the umbral forma to you. I guess that is a reminder to all of us that we had better be super, duper careful when it comes to umbral forma. Despite the fact DE has made it pretty much impossible to earn more than like 1.5 a year at best, especially with how long this Nightwave season is out, it seems they are simply not willing to honor people's hard work when it comes to umbral forma if we make a mistake. 

Kind of sucks to be honest... doesn't seem fair to players who invest a lot of time and effort in the game. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

Isn't this just an opportunity to start new and make it better?

Unless I am mistaken, you only lost the frame with 2 forma and potato on it.  In the grand scheme this is not alot.  But from your post you seem to have others that shouldnt take you long to forma/potato/dress-up/what-ever-makss-you-happy.

Would be more depressing if it was a prime that is just went back to being vaulted. 

You go this.  Get back in there and make Nidus v9.0.

The problem is the lost umbral forma, if not for that... this would be nothing more than a hiccup in the journey of an MR29, who is probably quite used to mass leveling items by now. 

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The problem is the lost umbral forma, if not for that... this would be nothing more than a hiccup in the journey of an MR29, who is probably quite used to mass leveling items by now. 

Yeah but in the grand scheme, will not be a big deal.  What is scarce today, will be more accessible in the future.

Sucks and certainly a kick in the 'proverbial nuts', but the pain will subside and life will go on.

Thanks for the kinder hearted replies folks.

Looking back on the ticket its been quite a few weeks since my last play. A month and a half now. Maybe a logon here and there but then I'd just go to loadout and log off again when my favoritest thing isnt there.

I did think about rebuilding, but buying a new dog doesn't fix losing and old one. And yeah its just digital goods. Years of sentiment still leaves a hole when what its attached to is lost though.

And I suppose I'd like to not to have to look at that lone flower on the wall mocking me every time I walk into the helminth room.

Unfortunate but this is why you need to be absolutely certain which frame you're using. Especially when you have multiple copies of them.

And yeah as already stated getting any form of "refund" or compensation is entirely at the whim of whichever support member responds to your ticket, assuming they're allowed to assist in the first place.

23 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Seriously? This ranks up there with people still complaining about creating Liches, in spite of the numerous idiot-proof measures DE have added in.

I have no sympathy. Pay more attention.

You could learn something from Thumper. 

The OP is not screaming, or cursing out DE, or being entitled. They know they made an error and should have been more careful, you are just rubbing salt in the wound. 

They just made a mistake and now they are sad about it. Who wouldn't be? They wish there was still a solution or some hope, because they lost something they spent a lot of time working for. 

Your attitude would make sense if it was a vitriol filled rant about DE's game design, or against support. It's not. 

29 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Seriously? This ranks up there with people still complaining about creating Liches, in spite of the numerous idiot-proof measures DE have added in.

I have no sympathy. Pay more attention.

On any other day, i would had fully agreed with you. But OP stated he have multiple copies of the same warframe. This is to me a grey area, since anyone can make a simple mistake like that when you have too much of the same. Is like a pile of paperwork, you can accidentally throw important documents while looking for the trash. Happens to anyone and there is no fool proof measures for this like the Liches.

12 minutes ago, Drakencarver said:

I did think about rebuilding, but buying a new dog doesn't fix losing and old one. And yeah its just digital goods. Years of sentiment still leaves a hole when what its attached to is lost though.

And I suppose I'd like to not to have to look at that lone flower on the wall mocking me every time I walk into the helminth room.

I get the sentiment. What you can do, since you say this is like a lost dog for you, make a shrine in the helminth room for your lost warframe, so is both a reminder to pay more attention in the future, and a reminder of your precious umbral nidus. Maybe subsume more warframes to keep that nidus company, but make sure to put a small decoration under the Nidus flower so you know where it is :) You are MR29 so im sure you have a lot of resources to start anew. maybe one of your other nidus will be the new nidus, and there will be more umbral formas in the future, who knows, maybe by the time you recover the umbral formas, Nidus Prime will be here. Make it a rule of thumb to not place Umbral formas on regular warframes.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

This is why you gotta always wear visible syndicate sigils. Then you immediately know which frame you normally use and which was from the foundry!

Heh I actually had a separate fashionframe for each spare Nidus and every one of them has 6 or so forma on. Favorite Nidus had about 9 or something along with the two Umbra Forma and an Aura Forma.
I think like 30-40% of my several thousands of hours on Warframe were on just that one Nidus with about ~55% of total playtime being just Nidus.
The secondary skin that was on the favorite Nidus that I put in the slot that wasnt its usual one for some reason I cannot remember looked a lot similar to one of the others with the color scheme, shoulder pads and syandana even being the same.

No offense intended but you're supposed to actually be completely sure, double check, triple check, quadruple check before you type in the confirmation. When you type those words into the failsafe dialogue box you're saying "I understand exactly what I am doing and am responsible for my actions". That's like going online and "accidentally" punching in your credit card number and buying a new TV.

6 hours ago, Yakhul said:

On any other day, i would had fully agreed with you. But OP stated he have multiple copies of the same warframe. This is to me a grey area, since anyone can make a simple mistake like that when you have too much of the same.

The favorite Nidus was with a different appearance slot on it

If it was their favourite which had a specific look then they shoulda noticed immediately imo. It sucks to have made this mistake, but the 'pay more attention' comment stands.

Well Nidus Prime should be the next 4th prime warframe  ETA summer 2021. So those already invested umbra formas are pretty much going to be worthless in less than a year.

Think of it as early retirement for the old boy. At least his larva will be the one you subsume into your other frames (as opposed to some other nidus's larva)

Archived