Jump to content

Accidentally subsumed my favorite frame


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Drakencarver said:

 

Heh I actually had a separate fashionframe for each spare Nidus and every one of them has 6 or so forma on. Favorite Nidus had about 9 or something along with the two Umbra Forma and an Aura Forma.
I think like 30-40% of my several thousands of hours on Warframe were on just that one Nidus with about ~55% of total playtime being just Nidus.
The secondary skin that was on the favorite Nidus that I put in the slot that wasnt its usual one for some reason I cannot remember looked a lot similar to one of the others with the color scheme, shoulder pads and syandana even being the same.

OK... so if you couldn't tell the difference between a fresh-out-of-foundry Nidus and a highly decorated fashion frame Nidus, that's entirely on you and I question your motivation for creating this topic. I think sigils are far less obvious than fashion frames and yet it's very obvious when a frame has a giant Suda or Steel Meridian picture plastered on its body.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You could learn something from Thumper. 

The OP is not screaming, or cursing out DE, or being entitled. They know they made an error and should have been more careful, you are just rubbing salt in the wound. 

They just made a mistake and now they are sad about it. Who wouldn't be? They wish there was still a solution or some hope, because they lost something they spent a lot of time working for. 

Your attitude would make sense if it was a vitriol filled rant about DE's game design, or against support. It's not. 

I really don't care. I'm too busy trying to wrap my head around how someone could even make an "error" like this. 

You first need to equip the Warframe in your arsenal. Walk them to the Helminth room. Sit them down in the seat AND manually type in "CONFIRM" to subsume a Warframe. 

Seriously... They couldn't take 30 seconds to check that they were using the correct Warframe before Subsuming it? There are way too many variables for this to simply be an "accident". This is pure incompetence. 

And people wonder why DE continue to "dumb down" this game. 🤦‍♂️

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-09 at 5:28 AM, Yakhul said:

Support may be able to refund you those at least since it was on accident

Doubtful, I accidently installed aura forma on wrong inaros (the one I was gonna subsume) and when I messaged support they just said "cant help you". They didnt give me aura forma back even though they could do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why there are multiple obvious checks before hitting the button... This is why you leave subsume food in the foundry until needed. This is why you don't have multiples of the same frame and just get more loadout slots...

At least OP isn't a raging crybaby on a tantrum, good for you. However, coming here to "share your grief " is a bit sad. You screwed up, why tell the world and invite a pity party?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-09 at 7:39 PM, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I really don't care. I'm too busy trying to wrap my head around how someone could even make an "error" like this. 

You first need to equip the Warframe in your arsenal. Walk them to the Helminth room. Sit them down in the seat AND manually type in "CONFIRM" to subsume a Warframe. 

Seriously... They couldn't take 30 seconds to check that they were using the correct Warframe before Subsuming it? There are way too many variables for this to simply be an "accident". This is pure incompetence. 

And people wonder why DE continue to "dumb down" this game. 🤦‍♂️

orson welles applause GIF

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I do feel for ya, would be like if I subsumed my original loki, still got that boi from when I picked him as my starter back in closed beta. 

But there is already failsafe in place and it is on us to make sure we don't accidentally subsume something important or use forma on the wrong frames. 

I mean I wasted an umbral forma on my regular Titania by accident, was dumb but it happens, it just took extra work and time to get my Titania prime where I wanted her to be and now she is way better. 

You may be best just making a new nidus, or using one of the copies you still have. And work on em instead to make em better

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-09 at 3:56 AM, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Seriously? This ranks up there with people still complaining about creating Liches, in spite of the numerous idiot-proof measures DE have added in.

I have no sympathy. Pay more attention.

Brutal truth over there, but still truth

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not being funny or anything but it litterally gives you a 3 second timer before you press OK & then it still asks you to confirm.

If you still mess it up after that Im affraid thats 100% on your back & you should lose the frame.

Garentee you wont get it back & neither should you,sorry.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-09 at 4:40 AM, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

Isn't this just an opportunity to start new and make it better?

Unless I am mistaken, you only lost the frame with 2 forma and potato on it.  In the grand scheme this is not alot.  But from your post you seem to have others that shouldnt take you long to forma/potato/dress-up/what-ever-makss-you-happy.

Would be more depressing if it was a prime that is just went back to being vaulted. 

You go this.  Get back in there and make Nidus v9.0.

 

Umbra forma is very difficult to get though. You only get roughly 2 per year. And that Nidus had two of them installed. So it'll take about a year to get it back to what it was.

 

Also, shame on the people in this thread without compassion.

Screwups do happen, and we shouldn't be harsh about it.

The confirmation screen only serves as a check if you want to subsume a frame, but doesn't check if you've got the right one, which should be improved. Show amount of forma on that screen to make it less error prone.

Edited by Her_Lovely_Tentacles
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

Umbra forma is very difficult to get though. You only get roughly 2 per year. And that Nidus had two of them installed. So it'll take about a year to get it back to what it was.

 

Also, shame on the people in this thread without compassion.

Screwups do happen, and we shouldn't be harsh about it.

The confirmation screen only serves as a check if you want to subsume a frame, but doesn't check if you've got the right one, which should be improved. Show amount of forma on that screen to make it less error prone.

I honestly don't understand some people's attitudes. Same with the people who said "tough stuff better luck next time", to some Tenno who missed out on the recent Umbral Forma alert because of power loss from an incoming hurricane.

Neither they, nor the OP of this thread acted at all entitled. Both were polite, and just a little sad at losing something and missing out respectively. Neither were raging, or acting like they were owed something. It may be due to the OP's own fault, but he totally admitted that, he was just looking for sympathy and hoping maybe there was still some small sliver of hope if he appealed to support the right way. It just feels like bullying from some people tbh, like they get some kind of temporary high/satisfaction from saying stuff like "tough stuff, should have checked first, no sympathy". 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure the support could absolutely do it, but the main problem is the impact it would have to restore it. It takes not much time to reverse the mistake of one player, but then forum and reddit posts pop up and suddenly hundreds of players ask for the same thing. This would gravely impact the service level for problems like stolen accounts and bans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prexades said:

I am sure the support could absolutely do it, but the main problem is the impact it would have to restore it. It takes not much time to reverse the mistake of one player, but then forum and reddit posts pop up and suddenly hundreds of players ask for the same thing. This would gravely impact the service level for problems like stolen accounts and bans.

Indeed. I believe this is unfortunately a situation not quite of "can't technically", but "can't because it's against policy". 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OP here.

Right now losing that one frame like having a tree you loved get chopped down. Not many are gonna care, nor do they have to, there's just the personal sentiment, but that empty spot hits a nerve every time you see its not there anymore.

Also its not hard to spot the folks that read like 1 or 2 lines in the opening post without taking it all in and processing the information before going venomous, chilll and drink something tasty, there's already one doof in here that made a mistake because of a lapse it judgement and its me. Thank you to all others for being understanding, although sympathy isn't what I was attempting to drum up I am thankful for it nonetheless.

In any case, hopefully DE tightens up things by warning people that they have fancy stuff other than regular forma plugged in so that fringe cases can be reduced.

My orbiter is a grave site to me now. I don't want to be on it anymore. Maybe I'll come back when Nidus Prime comes around and see how things feel then.

Thank you and farewell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Drakencarver said:

OP here.

Right now losing that one frame like having a tree you loved get chopped down. Not many are gonna care, nor do they have to, there's just the personal sentiment, but that empty spot hits a nerve every time you see its not there anymore.

Also its not hard to spot the folks that read like 1 or 2 lines in the opening post without taking it all in and processing the information before going venomous, chilll and drink something tasty, there's already one doof in here that made a mistake because of a lapse it judgement and its me. Thank you to all others for being understanding, although sympathy isn't what I was attempting to drum up I am thankful for it nonetheless.

In any case, hopefully DE tightens up things by warning people that they have fancy stuff other than regular forma plugged in so that fringe cases can be reduced.

My orbiter is a grave site to me now. I don't want to be on it anymore. Maybe I'll come back when Nidus Prime comes around and see how things feel then.

Thank you and farewell.

Nah, it's not on DE mate, this is all you. You were the one that didn't confirm in the arsenal that you had the right Nidus selected.

It's not the equivalent of losing a cherished pet or tree. It's the Warframe equivalent of racking the slide on a pistol, ejecting the magazine, and then being shocked that you now have a new hole in the wall 'cause you didn't show proper due diligence in using the tools at your disposal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...