Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replay value, where is it for you?

Jackdarsan

Its getting harder and harder to stay engaged in Warframe. I know this is high MR/playing this game for a long time issue but putting it out there. 

I have been enjoying the NW series that is good excuse to come back to complete the challengers but apart from cracking relics I have very little to do in the game anymore.

Never got into rivens or kuva farming which i'm ok with.  

You collect everything and make everything and there is no sense of progression, even steel path was meh. Thought running through the start chart was a great idea for some replay value but its wasn't really a challenge.

Love the game, just playing less of it and would like to get that new player experience/excitement back. 

What you doing to keep yourselves entertained/ what has been you enjoy being able to replay in this game.  

I love the movement. I think of warframe as a gliding game with other stuff attached to that 😄. It is fun and entertaining. As for goals... meh.

Every once in awhile I get attached to something. I knew Gara was supposed to be a good frame, but she never clicked for me. Then I gave her another shot, and oh man, I was missing on one of the best and most versatile frames. I am currently aiming to get Protea, so I ran stuff related to that. 

My struggle happens when the game wants me to grind below level 80 stuff. No thanks. 

Look for the bugs and interesting things that happen in the game such as Ayatan sculptures in strange spots, do your best to not break certain "containers" (mine is Rubedo Stones), and play with guns without omega power rivens. See how newer players do missions without you taking all the kills and watch their gameplay.

Give to those that are having a good start in the game by looking at their WISHLIST (if they have one).

Talk about the game in QnA, Region chat and the forums. 

Find out what is your fave mission and go in with different builds to see what happens with no goal of dominant force but to mix things up. 

Become a streamer or video creator to inform others and show them something they have not seen. Captura. Conclave. Fashion Frame. Music videos. Songs with Frames doing things. Railjack as a series of a show. 

The game is a base area to do what you want and show others what is possible. If you just want to kill stuff and find that not your thing anymore, find what it is you see as that light for you. Then share it someway with others.

Games are made to find a way to have fun. Find the fun. I do every day and been on since 2014. 

i like arbitration, the idea of one #*!%up can cost you is a good challenge, especially in solo. people started crying when it first came so now we can revive teammates. Rewards are decent. useful arcanes that you can sell for plat, adaptation always have buyers so good cheap plat. the arbitration essence can be traded for kuva if needed. also endless endo. do one hour of anything and you'll have enough endo to r9 a prime mod.

my personal favorite are disruption missions, with tanky frames you dont have to care about dying, don't have to protect any objective like MD missions, just kill those demolitions, EASY lol

I fell in love with Warframe for the mobility system. I have a blast with that every single time that I play. "Replayability" for me is all about Conclave, because that's the only mode where I feel rewarded for using mobility effectively. In the rest of the game it feels much more effective to just stack damage reduction and mash the melee button all day.

I'm trying to get where you're at... to be basically finished with the game. Ironically, I envy you! For me, it seems like logging in and having little to do to keep up is nice. But here you're complaining about replay-ability and entertainment. You want that "new player" experience! The grass really is greener on the other side! Either we aspire to be in your finished state with the game and complain about the grind to get there, or we apparently complain that there's nothing left to do when we "finish" the game and yearn for the "new player" experience.

1 hour ago, Jackdarsan said:

What you doing to keep yourselves entertained/ what has been you enjoy being able to replay in this game.  

I haven't played in weeks because I already did everything I care about, Deimos is a friggin disappointment simulator, mech mods are non-existant and nothing good has been added since.

So now I'm entertaining myself by staying awake for 24+ hours, watching comedy shows from 2013 and rotting away in my chair.

Nothing really last long enough so I don't force it and do take breaks. I already got burnt out of Deimos mainly because I enjoy mechs and Helminth is almost a mad man's fantasy lab you get to play "create" hybrid warframes with. I spent so much time feeding "Gummy" while testing subsumed abilities on several WF already.  Like you, I also collect everything, but even that doesn't last. Occasionally I unlock rivens as they come to keep me busy and trading too when I get lucky sets to sell. I also have a bad habit of not letting go of anything unless I know I made it as strong as possible. That is actually where my excitement lie and gets satisfied. 

Currently, I am checking out Genshin Impact to keep my wits about and really enjoying it atm. But I don't think I will stay when the grinding gets real. I am actively cutting down on my online games and fighting the urge to come back to World of Tanks, Path of Exile and even FFXIV:ARR. Do I keep WF then? not even sure, but so far it kept me interested all these years because I like how DE challenges the norm with their brazen ideas, yes, even when it fails sometimes.

I am pretty sure I will gobble up WF again once a new iteration comes since I like to experience everything while it is untouched and, unless hampered by severe bugs, intact as originally conceptualized as possible because this player base can be so whiny sometimes you know new game modes can be brutally dumbed down almost instantly. Steel Path was a very good idea and almost kept pristine as it was originally meant to be. 

All I am saying is It is healthy to step away sometimes so you are really not in the bad spot playing less. Maybe have time for other more productive endeavors? Just let it be as safe as Covid permits you to.

This game its pretty niche, for ones its just to chill with friends for others the power creep, in shirt you choose your own poison if you find yourself strugling with it might be time to move on, I know lot of us desire the game to evolve and be more but after 7 years, I can say the devs have their formula and will stick by it, until any external force oblige them to do else, scenario that its currently unlikely

2 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

Its getting harder and harder to stay engaged in Warframe. I know this is high MR/playing this game for a long time issue but putting it out there. 

I have been enjoying the NW series that is good excuse to come back to complete the challengers but apart from cracking relics I have very little to do in the game anymore.

Never got into rivens or kuva farming which i'm ok with.  

You collect everything and make everything and there is no sense of progression, even steel path was meh. Thought running through the start chart was a great idea for some replay value but its wasn't really a challenge.

Love the game, just playing less of it and would like to get that new player experience/excitement back. 

Playing witcher 3, fallout 4, divinity original sin 2, risk of rain 2 and waiting for cyberpunk 2077.

5 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

Looking at the current arbitration and frame/weapon for it, loading in and see how it goes.
It's the only thing that is remotely interesting for me in terms of content.
I still love the gameplay/graphics, that's why I play it.

5 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

getting harder and harder to stay engaged

I was kind of getting there, when I first joined WF  I was kind of like ... "wow this is what mass effect would be if it were an MMO! and its FREE I will play this game forever!"

but most the fun story stuff ended and left me with a huge list of stuff to collect which I was ok with at first but started to feel a chore,

reactors for everything which requires completing 5 whole pages of nightwave for a single one, the only warframes that I don't own have some kind of stupid crazy requirement or drop their blueprints at a less than 10% chance on a gamemode that takes 40 minutes to get to the correct rotation with a chance of not getting a single component blueprint at all! or requires you farm a resource to build a key for the privilege of fighting a boss for a chance at a drop :/

getting a pain to have to level each warframe then level it again to forma it 2 or 3 times ...

missing mods that are either 2% drop chances or just part of some weird time limited event (I don't know why they love time limited stuff)

then missing vaulted stuff that comes back whenever really unmotivating for playing/buffing the regular frame (again why timegate collectables)

BUT!!!

I recently just made an alt, started playing through from the start actually knowing what I am doing and its been interesting and fun, seeing little things I forgot existed like the extended cetus and fortuna intro scenes, slumped over warframe transferance pose that just vanished for some reason, more importantly I want to make a broken powerful character that is fairly low mastery rank for fun! and enjoying it so far.

TLDR maybe try an alt ?

9 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

the combat. I've found warframe's combat to be enjoyable enough to spend hours killing Grineer, Corpus, and everything else. a wonderful blend of fantasy martial arts, gunplay and powers, the holy trinity of a$$kicking! it's especially fun when I take a new weapon or frame, and I keep changing loadouts to keep things interesting. honestly, I think half the people who say they're bored are the same people who take the same 3 weapons to every fight: variety is the spice of life! or death in this case, I suppose. seriously, put your meta gear away, and give some love to a weapon you can just have fun with: no insane damage, no god-roll rivens, just a weapon that makes you smile when you slaughter a room with it. you might just find the experience invigorating enough to run more missions just for fun!

the universe itself is also getting a lot better, I like the Lore expansions we got with Deimos, and I'm excited to see what the future holds.

Archived