Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas on better rewards for Steel Path.

Caliboom

I was thinking, since there's no point in doing Steel Path upon completion, I had some ideas for better rewards for endless missions. the rewards are the following:

- Refined relics instead of normal relics

- Higher amounts of endo than obtained in normal missions

- Steel Path exclusive mods instead of normal mods (maybe amalgam mods?)

- Steel Essence for Rotation C

- 1.5x the Kuva in Kuva Survival, 2x the Kuva in Kuva Disruption

- Much higher amount of credits, I'm thinking 20k credit caches instead of 1500, 50k instead of 2500.

What do you think? I think it would give people a reason to play Steel Path instead of it being an abandoned gamemode.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

sloth no GIF

Steel Path is optional. Let it stay that way. 

I don’t want to deal with bullet sponges and forced meta as the norm.

It's still optional, the rewards are the same that you obtain in normal missions, though in higher amounts, there are specific endo and credit farms that give more amounts either way, and you can trade for the new mods.

I'd like to see more kuva from it and I wouldnt mind if rota C gave steel essence and that all rotations after C were C aswell.

Specific mods and such I'm not really keen on and I'd rather take void traces over pre-radiated relics since bronze rewards are needed. I could see each relic reward giving 100 void traces aswell that we can use on whatever we like.

I feel like refined relics isn't asking for much. Especially since you can acquire them with relative ease from Sanctuary Onslaught. If Steel Path harder, even if it's optional, there's no reason why it can't still offer rewards that are at the very least a step above running missions of a lower degree of difficulty. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

How about umbra forma and it will cost like 50 or 85 steel essence 

That would take about an hour or two of farming so ain't gonna happen.

Umbral forma are really the only thing that makes nw relevant.  If they release it elsewhere who's gonna care about nw? 

I think the most we could hope for is radiant relics, and even that's unlikely imo.

49 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

See, I could agree with slightly better Steel Path rewards but I gotta find DrivaMain's point more compelling.

Steel Path is not how I want Warframe to be balanced. Therefore, I don't want Steel Path to become closer to the main stream of the game, because by and large Steel Path is a dull slog against tougher enemies but with no real interesting changes to mechanics underlying it. It's basically just a gear check. It is, in itself, a mildly interesting idea, but, uh, well. Here is a statement that you may not like, but which is still true:

DE wanted to experiment with making Warframe more challenging and all that they could think of was to keep everything the same but make all the numbers 300% bigger.

51 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

It's still optional, the rewards are the same that you obtain in normal missions, though in higher amounts, there are specific endo and credit farms that give more amounts either way, and you can trade for the new mods.

Players will feel "forced" to do it because it makes normal mode farming highly inefficient. It won't be "optional" after that. Not to mention content creators will put clickbait videos to draw players to steel path, making normal mode a barren wasteland.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

That would take about an hour or two of farming so ain't gonna happen.

Umbral forma are really the only thing that makes nw relevant.  If they release it elsewhere who's gonna care about nw? 

I think the most we could hope for is radiant relics, and even that's unlikely imo.

Well if people will pay 85 steel essence for spines to crawl around you I dont see why they won't pay for umbra forma

9 minutes ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

Well if people will pay 85 steel essence for spines to crawl around you I dont see why they won't pay for umbra forma

I think they meant it the other way round: 85 steel essence for umbra forma makes it (relatively) too easy to farm (or just makes it farmable, even), compared to the current source of umbra forma.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

sloth no GIF

no ones forcing anything ? steel path would still be optional as always , having better rewards for doing longer runs doesnt hurt anybody . If most people would prefer steel path versions of kuva farming and relics etc. that'd be on them anyway , op's suggestions are not forced acts as in a requiremnts for mainline story quests and such ..

33 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

DE wanted to experiment with making Warframe more challenging and all that they could think of was to keep everything the same but make all the numbers 300% bigger.

DE made steel path because people kept complaining the armor nerf made everything too easy.

Ya'll got exactly what ya'll wished for lol.

Seriously though, Warframe's community is probably the most divided I've ever seen...

Looks like it's time to post this again, and I'll preface by saying the Steel path is not meant to be any new kind of higher level farm that turns into a meta. Its for the higher level enemies and that's it, because thats what some us asked for because starchart enemies and spawns are weak. I'm happy to have actually dense spawns.

What it is:
 Higher Difficulty Series of content that rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery.
An extra layer of opportunity for players to use their powerful gear to take on threats at a higher level without having to wait in missions for long periods of time.
 A way to engage with some better scaling Affinity and Mod Rewards.

What it isn’t:
 - intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.
 - overly complicated in its goal to simply provide higher level content and some exclusive rewards.
 - tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'd like to see more kuva from it and I wouldnt mind if rota C gave steel essence and that all rotations after C were C aswell.

Specific mods and such I'm not really keen on and I'd rather take void traces over pre-radiated relics since bronze rewards are needed. I could see each relic reward giving 100 void traces aswell that we can use on whatever we like.

Its has already turned into another kuva farm....why do you need more? DE isn't obligated to enable your kuva and riven addiction.

How about you play Steel path while continuing to do things like endurance Taveuni runs along with arbitrations? Nightwave also have 10k kuva. You have the 6k from sorties as well. Arbitrations and Steel Path will let you stack 10k kuva all day alone. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

Seriously it took 5 planets to get 3 steel essence 

I presume you've not joined a steel essence farming squad yet have you?...

Once you get into one, trust me, you'll be flooding with them. Don't forget, Steel Essence drop chances are 2x the oberon part chance from eximus. An I'm pretty sure that you're flooding with those at least once in your time playing.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

sloth no GIF

It is... not. You are losing way too much affinity and resources if you are not running it. Though, I do not agree with OP either. The only two things SP needs is removal of none relic rewards from mission rewards and adding Umbra forma to Teshin.

Archived