Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farms/Gardens

Honey_Glazed_Bearclaw

Would love if we could put a garden or small farm decoration in our Dojos or Orbiters that allowed us to 'plant' some of the plant type resources we collect, tend to it over a matter of days, then reap a multiplied crop. I already play Warframe religiously but I would gladly fork over even more time and money to be able to do this. Thoughts?

I've put a little thought into this as one of my New Loka Syndicate rewards was a hydroponics module for the dojo. Out of the farming systems I've seen so far, the one that I felt had enough moving parts for me to feel engaged has been the Cultivation system from Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

Cultivating

You start off with a seed. You add compost, water the seed then give it nutrients in a timed minigame. What games come to mind when you think 'farming'?

16 hours ago, Cobalt313 said:

I'm down for Orbiter/Dojo Garden and Dojo Aquarium room.

Gotta have one big enough to fit ALL the fish in the game.

I think DE added large aquarium decorations for the dojo so you can get started on that right away! The garden/farms would be a prime addition though, I can imagine a row of aquariums with the garden plots built on top of and around them so it looks like a massive organic water management and irrigation system. :)

20 hours ago, Flamealisk said:

Something nice and relaxing to take us away from all the killing wouldn't be too bad.

I hang around Cetus for exactly that reason. I love whenever DE adds content that fleshes out the world beyond the combat itself it. It helps to show what all the violence is for and refreshes you before jumping right back in.

2 hours ago, LazySleepyBear said:

I hang around Cetus for exactly that reason. I love whenever DE adds content that fleshes out the world beyond the combat itself it. It helps to show what all the violence is for and refreshes you before jumping right back in.

Same. Destiny, Borderlands, and Anthem (Have to include it) all tell us why we are fighting, but don't really offer much beyond that.

This game? You get to see what you are fighting for.

15 minutes ago, Flamealisk said:

Same. Destiny, Borderlands, and Anthem (Have to include it) all tell us why we are fighting, but don't really offer much beyond that.

This game? You get to see what you are fighting for.

On that note, I was delighted when my clan built our Railjack drydock and discovered that npcs from all corners of the system actually run the drydock for you. Going further than that, you see npcs inside your railjack when not in a mission doing maintenance and such. It's a great reminder that the Tenno are a part of the system and it's varying communities, a drastic change from how you start the story as an ancient, mysterious, almost war-god like figure that is literally worshiped as a protective spirit by many npcs in the lore.

Just now, LazySleepyBear said:

On that note, I was delighted when my clan built our Railjack drydock and discovered that npcs from all corners of the system actually run the drydock for you. Going further than that, you see npcs inside your railjack when not in a mission doing maintenance and such. It's a great reminder that the Tenno are a part of the system and it's varying communities, a drastic change from how you start the story as an ancient, mysterious, almost war-god like figure that is literally worshiped as a protective spirit by many npcs in the lore.

Now imagine the same npc involvement for a 'hydroponics' dojo room. Ostron, Solaris and relay folks moving about watering plots, checking systems and tasting produce from baskets. Would that be charming?

16 hours ago, LazySleepyBear said:

I think DE added large aquarium decorations for the dojo so you can get started on that right away!

I dont remember seeing any Dojo decoration where you can place the fish, you meant the Orbiter quarters maybe? 

In Dojo you can craft an aquarium with glass panels, bubbles, plants and stuff as for the fish you can place trophies but it does not compare to the fish in Orbiter aquariums.

12 hours ago, LazySleepyBear said:

Ostron, Solaris and relay folks moving about watering plots, checking systems and tasting produce from baskets. Would that be charming?

Would be a really good room. I have seen several dojos creating sort of gardens, greenhouses or botanic ones my own dojo included. Theres great potential to cultivate plants and enjoy a relaxing atmosphere.

Just bringing up another method of farming minigame that comes to mind is the growing system from old Monster Hunter titles.

link - the farming itself is listed under 'field rows'. 

It fits a room with people in it more and a more integrated system than the little bespoke deployable I had in mind. Either would be fine, I just reserved it to a deployable because DE has been fairly reserved to adding npcs to our dojo in the past. I have considered adding personnel to other dojo rooms in this post.

Farming could be cool, use scythes to harvest some stuff and machetes for others, it could be used as a crafting or item or you could trade it with the open world syndicates. I think it would need more we all lift together style songs because I NEED MORE.

Archived