Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

¡¡¡ Zakti officially announced as part of the Nezha Prime set !!! [AoE Self-Stagger Discussion]

Roble_Viejo

Zakti used to be my favourite secondary. In terms of Meta because it can easily achieve over 100% Status Chance
but in terms of Fun because of its capacity to open enemies to Finishers. 
I dumped 8 forma and hundreds of hour of gameplay into it, it had become my signature Secondary
at one point and I had half a dozens of loadouts based on this gun. 

But after the the removal of Self-Damage, ALL AoE weapons were included in the Self-Stagger mechanic
This was particularly harmful to the Zakti as the same explosion thats Open Enemies to Finishers will Self-Stagger you
Making this ability extremely frustrating to try and use reliably. 

I'm here asking to not only for the complete removal of Self-Stagger from the Zakti's explosion
But also for a Revision of ALL Self-Stagger on AoE Weapons across the board. 

If you share the sentiment please upvote so we can bring this into DE's attention. 

Ej6gqQxXsAAGnJk?format=jpg&name=large

for me, the nerfing of Corrosive and Gas also nerfed the potential of the Zakti.

i have one of the strongest Zakti Rivens you can find. unveiled and rolled by me. it is one of m... it WAS one of my strongest weapons when i could fully strip armor and gas proc at the same time.

now a days the gas proc is all but worthless. that build is one of the weakest weapons i own outside the unique finisher mechanic.

Hmm, I never understood in the first place, why gas clouds should push me back... Generaly, self stagger needs to be removed from all weapons, that didn't do self damage before the change, it's just annoying (looking at you, amps) and in many cases makes absolutely no sense at all. On top of that, nobody asked for this, but from my long years of playing Warframe it seems, that DE is unwilling (or incapable) to improve something without messing up something else in the process...

hace 19 minutos, Berzerkules dijo:

Pretty much killed the weapon with that one DE.

Well the Zakti is still a decent weapon for Status Priming, but by itself it cant do much
The Kuva Nukor made these Status Priming - Low Damage weapons (Like Pox, or Castanas)
irrelevant, as the Kuva Nukor can also kills top level enemies. 

But this unique ability to open enemies to Finishers was virtually disabled with the Self Stagger.
Very sad taking into account is one of the few sources to open enemies to Finishers in the game. 
I think only 3 weapons can do so. Besides Warframe abilities. 

The stagger didnt bother me much, although the gas proc nerf did.  Final nail in the coffin was Dizzying Rounds, which made another secondary so much better than Zakti at its own finisher gimmick.

If the Prime is sort of like a vague Dizzying Bronco / Cyanex hybrid that could be exciting.

4 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

No wonder I had so many people messaging me about my Zakti riven. I've had it listed for a month and not a single bite, then 2 people within 2 minutes.

Lucky you, bet they forgot these will both have a trash disposition at launch.

*cries internally because of having a godly Guandao riven that's going to be useless in the Prime*

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

That Guandao... I just can't hold it within me...

excited pumped up GIF by NBA

tenor.gif

48 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

curious have never tried it but does this mod make stagger almost a none issue ?

latest?cb=20171007153403

yes, but almost

5 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

But also for a Revision of ALL Self-Stagger on AoE Weapons across the board. 

Bring self damage back, this was an absurd decision on the side of DE, just because some people whined about it, it was a good mechanic! 

I don't have problem with the stagger mechanics because you are not able to kill yourself. In missions where just one mob or friend jumping into your way you blown yourself. I liked the self damage on simulacron because you could play with friends ragdoll masters. Bring a penta or Tonkor and shot your leggs and your mates then booom. Watch your body fly. It is a fun value stuff in there but on real missions it is pain.

The weapons look good btw I personally would go for the guandao since I like polearms and heavy weapons.

I can fully understand self stagger on something like Tonkor or Kulstar. The actual explosive weapons.

But having it on weapons like Zakti, Pox and even Opticor just doesn't make any sense to me, but at this point i've more or less just accepted my fate and slot Primed Sure Footed in to every build i possibly can.

heh, I forgot about that. Zakti was always a meh weapon for me, good but not especially fun. love how fast it reloads though. I've had a few Rivens for it, but believe it or not, I actually prefer the Acrid over the Zakti, but the Prime should be OK. maybe they'll make the rounds have a larger AoE and longer Stun, or headshots open up enemies for finsihers but with no AoE? who knows.

Guandao Prime though... as a Jiang Jun main in For Honor, I can't wait. gonna windmill a LOT of people to death with that thing.

It needs to be heavily tweaked or removed for Sonicor. Can sympathize with you after putting lots of forma and time into sonicor for it to become quite useless. I haven't really used Zakti so can't speak for that specifically. But there are a few weapons which need changes specific to that weapon. 

I like the overall changes to self damage and knockback and think it's appropriate for most of the weapons. I actually quite like it for the Kuva bramma for example. It makes sense for ogris, tonkor etc. But there are weapons that have been ruined by these changes, which I'm sure was unforeseen but definitely needs to be looked at.

Archived