Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe with climbing ability?

4chewnahdoe

So I've been playing a lot in Cambion Drift since Heart of Deimos came out, and it's got me thinking how convenient it would be to be able to climb rock walls like I can do in Breath Of The Wild, if anyone is familiar with that game. The ability to climb walls could be a passive ability on a hypothetical Warframe that activates automatically whenever you jump onto a suitable wall.  Another thing from Breath of the Wild that I kinda wish I had in Warframe would be the paraglider, perhaps as a number 4 ability, it would really help when exploring open worlds, and unlike the Archwing you could use it in regular missions. I dunno, just a thought. Anyone else like this idea?

why would we need it? realy we can jump up vents like 100meter hight in under 10 sek.

if the old movement where still in game that would maybe make sence but with bullet jumping who needs to climb anything.

well maybe it is because you are mr6 and does not already know how to move.
strg+looking in the direction you want to go+ Space = bulletjump

and thanks Axelrd for pointing out Zephyr but Titania can fly like an archwing in any mission thats a thing too .

Yo dude! You can already latch onto walls by holding the 'aim' button when pressing up to one, and you can also jump up them, rather than climbing, which is faster

I would also like to point you out to the Zephyr warframe, whom inspired by a bird, literally can fly around in regular missions with her 1. I believe you can get her from a tenno lab in the clan dojo. 

Maybe a neat feature for the operator ish but yeah.. the warframes already have abilities that mirror the glider and climbing. The thing is with BotW the world is huge and more vertical than the open worlds that we have. Warframes ability to air glide, operator dash and wall jump are all tailored to warframe open world scale. In principle their both similar abilities and functions the same ish.

Valkyrs rip line& Ivaras wire arrow=  I'm I a joke to you!!!!!!!!

talking about the subject at hand I see the parazon as a viable grapling hook for all warframes can be used in a similar way that the grappling hook of Titanfall its used.

I see this working pretty well with bullet jump + Dashing mechanics we have in warframe:

Imagine that in deimos or fortuna.

PD to DE PVP can be fun with freedom of movement you're just lazy.

2 minutes ago, Solarsyphon said:

Lmao because we need more movement....

I wouldn't complain about a cool grapple hook mechanic but at that point we will be jumping over the entire of fortuna. Maybe put the grapple hook on k drives or something to make it more competitive.  Grapple skateboard 

We always need more movement 🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-10-10 at 5:49 AM, 4chewnahdoe said:

be able to climb rock walls

Wall Jump.

paraglider

Aim Glide.

help when exploring open worlds

Archwing.

use it in regular missions

Void Dash.

On 2020-10-09 at 9:49 PM, 4chewnahdoe said:

So I've been playing a lot in Cambion Drift since Heart of Deimos came out, and it's got me thinking how convenient it would be to be able to climb rock walls like I can do in Breath Of The Wild, if anyone is familiar with that game. The ability to climb walls could be a passive ability on a hypothetical Warframe that activates automatically whenever you jump onto a suitable wall.  Another thing from Breath of the Wild that I kinda wish I had in Warframe would be the paraglider, perhaps as a number 4 ability, it would really help when exploring open worlds, and unlike the Archwing you could use it in regular missions. I dunno, just a thought. Anyone else like this idea?

Hold down the jump button and move straight into a wall and you will wall-run up it. 

On 2020-10-10 at 12:34 AM, Solarsyphon said:

Lmao because we need more movement....

I wouldn't complain about a cool grapple hook mechanic but at that point we will be jumping over the entire of fortuna. Maybe put the grapple hook on k drives or something to make it more competitive.  Grapple skateboard 

I LOVE this idea, that would be amazing.

On 2020-10-10 at 11:49 AM, 4chewnahdoe said:

But why?

WHY?

JUST. WHY?

Why climb for 1 minute when I can bullet jump or archwing up in 1 SECOND?! Why would would I glide slowly when bullet jump gets across the same distance in a quarter of the time?  And, you can aim glide. And K-drive. Those exist too,.

I mean, OP, don't get me wrong, I dig climbing in games as much as the next person but we already have two very quick ways to traverse the Cambion Drift vertically.

1. You can bullet jump, wall grab, bullet jump again, rinse, and repeat until you've arrive at the top of whatever you want to climb.

2. Archwing, y'know, those things that left you fly.

Archived