What do you predict to be the new Status Meta after changes?

Well seems like status will be getting another tweak. Im assuming DE wants to kill the "Viral" Meta.

What do you think will be the next Meta?

Im thinking Gas????

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Start watching at 7:35

well that is just stupid beyond anything. status is good by itself for once and this is how they react to it?

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I predict an absolute sh!t show as peoples builds that they've invested time and tons of resources into get nerfed.

300px-James_Franco_First_Time.jpg

As I have said in other threads in the past: Warframe is an unfinished product which means none of your builds are ever finished.

This is why Forma is a gameplay loop for optimizing equipment.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 17
15 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I predict an absolute sh!t show as peoples builds that they've invested time and tons of resources into get nerfed.

That happens literally every time DE does anything though.

• Like 12

i predict

Viral will be useless
what's currently meh will still be meh

and something ridiculous like Puncture will all of a sudden outperform everything.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

As I have said in other threads in the past: Warframe is an unfinished product which means none of your builds are ever finished.

This is why Forma is a gameplay loop for optimizing equipment.

True. Guess the safest way for Rivens are just straight crit now days. The moment status changes any elemental may by obsolete.

• Like 2

Ahh yes. The "unintended design" excuse will be abundant. Seriously, stop nerfing things that people have put something more valuable than money into, which is their time, and start buffing things that are underpreforming.

DE's terrible habbit of nerfing popular and meta things needs to stop. They clearly don't know how to shape the meta, it's been clear in the past that they don't. But as usual, nothing will change, the knee-jerk nerfs will come and be explained away as "unintended".

This game is wasting away.

• Like 25

I predict that people will moan because moaning feels satisfying, some youtubers will say they quit the game or stir up some sort of drama, and two-neuron geniuses will start opening threads on the forums on the topic "we agree that the Viral meta had problems but this solution is too extreme and here is how I, after having had a thirty seconds think, would fix it instead".

And after one week people will have found the "new" way to exploit the status system and to get their DPS through the roof and the Viral meta will be forgotten as much as the Corrosive meta has been forgotten nowadays.

Edit: Even better, it will be as forgotten as the Rainbow Build meta. Does anyone remember that? Does anyone miss that? Anyway, the new system is still going to be unbalanced, and there's no saying where the META will fall this time around.

Edited by Dhrekr
  • Like 23
8 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

And after one week people will have found the "new" way to exploit the status system and to get their DPS through the roof and the Viral meta will be forgotten as much as the Corrosive meta has been forgotten nowadays.

Corrosive is still better than viral on pure crit builds, as the damage multiplier still helps a lot. I am personally fine with most damage types, i just think impact, blast, magnetic and especially gas need some buffs.

Hakuna your tatas ladies, whining about everything is very unbecoming xD
Whatever happens happens. Personally, I do think that there is an issue here with some status effects, and as they themselves said, some things will get buffed, and abusive strategies will be dealt with, which is good, obviously.
"iM nOt aLl pOwErFulL, iM nOt oVeRpOwErEd, dE bAd".
You are not supposed to be in God Mode, just powerful enough to feel the power fantasy aspect. Im not saying this out of spite against any player, im just trying to make us realize that some things need to be done, and that we need a healthy dose of positivism ^^

• Like 4

I'm just wondering where people get the idea from that it automatically means a nerf. All he says there are some status things that need to be adressed, not what or which status that is. The only thing indicating "nerfs" is when he says "abusive strategies", which is a seperate mention not tied to what he says prior to it regarding adressing statuses. He lines up a bunch of stuff.

For all we know we may actually see improvements to some statuses, like impact, puncture, gas and blast. The deal with Viral being so strong for instance isnt because the status itself is strong (which it is), it is that shields are so weak that you have no actual use of bringing magnetic or toxin to Corpus or when facing the mixed corrupted. Same deal with infested that are simply weak due to not having armor.

If DE were smart they should do the following.

Corrosive = +damage versus armor health type.

Viral = +damage versus flesh health types.

Magnetic = +damage versus shield health types.

Puncture = current corrosive effect since it makes holes in enclosed armors. Though this would require IPS being possible to mod for on items that do not have innate IPS values.

At that point there would be a damage type versus each faction and we'd have a universal damage type that also works versus all armored units within each faction.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Even better, it will be as forgotten as the Rainbow Build meta. Does anyone remember that? Does anyone miss that? Anyway, the new system is still going to be unbalanced, and there's no saying where the META will fall this time around.

I remember. And it was awesome. I mean sure status was kinda pointless back then and it was more of a visual thing but it was simple and straight forward. As far as I remember there wasn't any status meta. Only raw damage and crit chance counted. So It was easy to decide if a weapon was garbage or not.

Tho I might be wrong. It's hard to remember after so many years how the original systems worked.

its not just nerfs that been whined about but moreso time taken away . I guess its easier to laugh at ones that are spoken about it . 

My personal reason for that isnt 'oh M4D is gone or viral is gone(future prediction) ' but its about DE not changing their game from ground up , theyre touching the rabbit hole sometimes but never dig deep enough so the fundemental problems stay on how ' braindead ' and piss easy warframe is . 

But most people whine that their simple time is taken away from their forma times and etc. tho thts understandable but not enough for me personally to speak about it , ive waited for some quite time and had hopes for DE that someday they would make real QoL changes , but what we receive is generally downgrades of previous version of the game so it feels more and more theyre out of touch with the core gameplay that they made , 'almost'  everytime. 

• Like 2