Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you predict to be the new Status Meta after changes?

kwlingo

1 hour ago, JazaJ said:

Ahh yes. The "unintended design" excuse will be abundant. Seriously, stop nerfing things that people have put something more valuable than money into, which is their time, and start buffing things that are underpreforming.

DE's terrible habbit of nerfing popular and meta things needs to stop. They clearly don't know how to shape the meta, it's been clear in the past that they don't. But as usual, nothing will change, the knee-jerk nerfs will come and be explained away as "unintended".

This game is wasting away.

True Dat.  I couldn't say it better myself.  We want to play the game not reoptimize our loadouts based on arbitrary damage changes!

2 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I predict an absolute sh!t show as peoples builds that they've invested time and tons of resources into get nerfed.

It ain't gonna go well.  I'm pretty confident in that.

you should accept change

if the game always works on constant linear path, then there will be no room for innovation for both players and developers, we need game changing updates because it makes you rethink your gameplay choices, and warframe is already a game with the concept of doing the same thing over and over again, so we need these updates and changes

3 hours ago, Zeclem said:

well that is just stupid beyond anything. status is good by itself for once and this is how they react to it?

*one specific status effect is good by itself.

And even then, it's good because it basically does the same thing as crit.

I suppose Heat as well, but that's because heat got it cozy. It literally has a little bit of everything.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

you should accept change

if the game always works on constant linear path, then there will be no room for innovation for both players and developers, we need game changing updates because it makes you rethink your gameplay choices, and warframe is already a game with the concept of doing the same thing over and over again, so we need these updates and changes

Mate, you're talking to someone with thousands of hours in the game who's been round the block more than once.

What I said, that it seems you missed, was my prediction for how people would react, not my own thoughts or feelings on the subject of change.

However, I can fully understand, and sympathise with, players getting annoyed, angry or down right p!ssed off about the amount of time they've invested in putting their builds together being ignored in a futile attempt at "balance".

I'm all in favour of actual innovation and de introducing new things to challenge us, thats great and what devs should be doing.  Just changing how status/damage works isn't innovative though, at least in my opinion.   A game changing update shouldn't just be "we've changed how the damage you dish out affects enemies".  While yes, that does change the game, the gameplay itself literally remains the same; we just have to re forma all our gear to take advantage of any weaknesses we find (of which there will be many, cos the players understand the game much much better than the devs).

People will throw fits just because they can. But besides that it ultimately doesn't matter gameplay-wise as unless DE addresses enemy weakness/resistances and/or the general disparity between enemy ehp and our damage otherwise it'll be trivialized with one to two status combinations yet again.

Though what will be the most entertaining salt mine will be people acting like they'll be "forced" to farm all their Kuva weapons again if it makes people think toxic and heat are "trash". Especially as, again, without other changes to the game it literally won't make a difference and people will force themselves through a grind just because "muh damage numbers".

27 minutes ago, trst said:

People will throw fits just because they can. But besides that it ultimately doesn't matter gameplay-wise as unless DE addresses enemy weakness/resistances and/or the general disparity between enemy ehp and our damage otherwise it'll be trivialized with one to two status combinations yet again.

Though what will be the most entertaining salt mine will be people acting like they'll be "forced" to farm all their Kuva weapons again if it makes people think toxic and heat are "trash". Especially as, again, without other changes to the game it literally won't make a difference and people will force themselves through a grind just because "muh damage numbers".

Lol yea that's gonna be a good one. I guarantee you're gonna see a feedback thread that says "Let us choose our Kuva weapons since you forced us to refarm them."

8 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Hakuna your tatas ladies, whining about everything is very unbecoming xD
Whatever happens happens. Personally, I do think that there is an issue here with some status effects, and as they themselves said, some things will get buffed, and abusive strategies will be dealt with, which is good, obviously.
"iM nOt aLl pOwErFulL, iM nOt oVeRpOwErEd, dE bAd".
You are not supposed to be in God Mode, just powerful enough to feel the power fantasy aspect. Im not saying this out of spite against any player, im just trying to make us realize that some things need to be done, and that we need a healthy dose of positivism ^^

what was exactly "god mode" with viral? and its not like corrosive isnt super powerful as well, it actually is a lot more versatile than viral and still very strong against armored targets.

but i guess we cant have anything that dares compete with the heat/corrosive meta that p much never changed. 

23 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

what was exactly "god mode" with viral? and its not like corrosive isnt super powerful as well, it actually is a lot more versatile than viral and still very strong against armored targets.

but i guess we cant have anything that dares compete with the heat/corrosive meta that p much never changed. 

At sortie level, heavily armored enemies have around ~6000 armor which translates to 95% Damage Reduction (20x Health Multiplier).

Corrosive on first proc reduces this to 4440 armor which is 93.7% Damage Reduction. 5% Damage going through to 6.3% Damage going through is a 6.3/5=1.26x multiplier.

Corrosive on the last proc reduces that armor to 1200 which is 80% Damage Reduction. 5% Damage going through to 20% is a 20/5=4x multiplier.

Viral on the first proc gets you +100% damage, a 2x multiplier.

Viral on the last proc gets you a +325% damage, a 4.25x multiplier.

Viral procs already outperforms Corrosive procs against armor at Sortie level and will naturally outperform Corrosive at lower armor levels. This is also discounting the fact Viral also works against non-armored enemies too.....

The only thing Corrosive has over Viral is the +75% armor class modifier against Ferrite that also ignores 75% of Ferrite armor.

Against Cloned Flesh Heavy Gunner with 6000 Ferrite armor, pure Viral at 10 stacks will do (1.75x4.25) = 7.4x neutral.

Against pure Corrosive at 10 stacks, 6000 Ferrite armor is effectively 300 armor, 50% damage reduction in addition to the 1.75x multiplier, which is 17.5x neutral. (Which is inferior to the 20x multiplier you would get from a full strip which some Warframe powers can achieve that you can combo with Viral)

However against 6000 Alloy which Corrosive is just neutral, against a Bombard, Viral will do 7.4x neutral at 10 stacks while pure Corrosive will only deal 4x neutral at 10 stacks.

And this is before we add Slash procs and Hunter Munitions into the conversation..........

16 minutes ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

At sortie level, heavily armored enemies have around ~6000 armor which translates to 95% Damage Reduction (20x Health Multiplier).

Corrosive on first proc reduces this to 4440 armor which is 93.7% Damage Reduction. 5% Damage going through to 6.3% Damage going through is a 6.3/5=1.26x multiplier.

Corrosive on the last proc reduces that armor to 1200 which is 80% Damage Reduction. 5% Damage going through to 20% is a 20/5=4x multiplier.

Viral on the first proc gets you +100% damage, a 2x multiplier.

Viral on the last proc gets you a +325% damage, a 4.25x multiplier.

Viral procs already outperforms Corrosive procs against armor at Sortie level and will naturally outperform Corrosive at lower armor levels.

it does not when you count in this:

The only thing Corrosive has over Viral is the +75% armor class modifier against Ferrite that also ignores 75% of Ferrite armor.

Against Cloned Flesh Heavy Gunner with 6000 Ferrite armor, pure Viral at 10 stacks will do (1.75x4.25) = 7.4x neutral.

Against pure Corrosive at 10 stacks, 6000 Ferrite armor is effectively 300 armor, 50% damage reduction in addition to the 1.75x multiplier, which is 17.5x neutral. (Which is inferior to the 20x multiplier you would get from a full strip)

so anti armor proc is bad when theres no armor? interesting, tell me more.

However against 6000 Alloy which Corrosive is just neutral, against a Bombard, Viral will do 7.4x neutral at 10 stacks while pure Corrosive will only deal 4x neutral at 10 stacks.

gunners are larger threats than any other heavy unit, and they are ferrite armor.

And this is before we add Slash procs and Hunter Munitions into the conversation..........

which are not things that every build/weapon can utilize.

thing about corrosive/heat is that its simply more versatile than viral/heat. viral is generally only better if you can utilize slash procs and have decent status chance to proc the said viral. if you cant, corrosive simply is better.

Honestly? I always give DE the benefit of the doubt when information is low. a 15 seconds segment of the stream where they in no way said "Viral is getting nerfed" does not help give an accurate feedback on the issue of changing status. I also learned not to trust whatever the content creators say, specially GazTTV. I like some of his content, nice builds and combos, but when is time to talk about future plans that DE has, hes mostly just speculations that unfortunately, his audience believe in, just like Life of Rio, but without the drama. False information or speculation about information we still do not have, is just as bad.

You do yourself a favor to draw your very own conclusions, instead of agreeing with the conclusions of others, at least, until we have the full pack of information. Right now? All we can do is speculate what changes they will do to the weaker status as that tweet said, and hold DE accountable if they mess up with the current useful status.

As for the topic on the weak status, It would definitely be interesting to see a buff in Blast Damage. The last few bundle of weapons, and even the new ones that are releasing in a couple of weeks, all are Explosive weapons. Would be cool to see what DE has planned for Blast damage, and Gas damage too. As of right now, i dare to day gas is in a worse situation than even impact damage.

10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm just wondering where people get the idea from that it automatically means a nerf. All he says there are some status things that need to be adressed, not what or which status that is. The only thing indicating "nerfs" is when he says "abusive strategies", which is a seperate mention not tied to what he says prior to it regarding adressing statuses. He lines up a bunch of stuff.

For all we know we may actually see improvements to some statuses, like impact, puncture, gas and blast. The deal with Viral being so strong for instance isnt because the status itself is strong (which it is), it is that shields are so weak that you have no actual use of bringing magnetic or toxin to Corpus or when facing the mixed corrupted. Same deal with infested that are simply weak due to not having armor.

If DE were smart they should do the following.

Corrosive = +damage versus armor health type.

Viral = +damage versus flesh health types.

Magnetic = +damage versus shield health types.

Puncture = current corrosive effect since it makes holes in enclosed armors. Though this would require IPS being possible to mod for on items that do not have innate IPS values.

At that point there would be a damage type versus each faction and we'd have a universal damage type that also works versus all armored units within each faction.

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

The reason why viral is better is it amplifies DoT. Giving Corrosive and Magnetic the luxury will help these two compete.

Archived