Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please extend the alert thru the weekend for those impacted by Hurricane Delta

auxy

I probably won't have power back until tomorrow, and I'd really like to get that umbral forma.

(actually, it'll be amazing if I have power tomorrow, but I might be able to get somewhere with a laptop and get it done today...)

3 hours ago, auxy said:

I probably won't have power back until tomorrow, and I'd really like to get that umbral forma.

(actually, it'll be amazing if I have power tomorrow, but I might be able to get somewhere with a laptop and get it done today...)

Post this on Feedback too so it gets more attention. Hope everything is ok.

Be safe.

I actually didn't notice it and went to bed I was just checking forums and saw this got up and did it...

Also if you're on PC you can load up Warframe in GeForce now on your phone and do the alert.   it might not be the best way to play all the time but you can play well enough to do the alert for something as big as an umbral forma

Yeah I feel like this should have at least been a full 72 hour event. 

Lots of people have trouble getting on at specific times, and it's not a short mission either. Fifteen waves of eximus that definitely aren't pathing quickly to the objective unless your team has Speedva and can still handle the high level damage without losing the pod, which isn't going to happen a lot in a PUB. The average team/player is just jumping into games and things usually aren't that ideal. 

Someone needs to reasonably set aside probably a good 25-30 minutes for this if they are doing a public game and hope they don't have any crashing or host migration issues that mess things up. For some people that is already quite a burden to set that time aside within a surprise 24 hour period. 

TBH if I were DE considering how rare and holy grail players consider Umbral Forma to be, I would have left the alert up for a whole week regardless of any hurricane. It's not like they are losing plat sales. They aren't for sale. 

Hope you are in a safe place!

Just now, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Lotus alerts are always 24hours. I always thought it should be a weekend thing as Devstreams generally end on a friday. I'd say it be a better incentive to log in on weekends for some. But I just dont think it's going to happen.

You'll miss it. But stay safe. There will be other forma to get. 

This is different though. 

1) There is a hurricane that is affecting the power of a lot of players this weekend. 

2) Normally if you miss the stuff from Lotus alerts, it is something you can go buy with platinum if you need more. You literally cannot even buy these... they are a once in forever item and this one will be gone in a blink. I think it's fair enough for the OP to ask, it's not like he's asking for two. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

1) There is a hurricane that is affecting the power of a lot of players this weekend. 

2) Normally if you miss the stuff from Lotus alerts, it is something you can go buy with platinum if you need more. You literally cannot even buy these... they are a once in forever item and this one will be gone in a blink. I think it's fair enough for the OP to ask, it's not like he's asking for two. 

DE isnt going to expand time due to a hurricane. I'm sorry about your situation but they wont unless it effects all players. Unless DE addresses it themselves it wont be extended. That's your only hope. The outtage your experiencing is on your end, not DEs. If it was the other way around it would likely be a different situation but unfortunately, that's what's likely happening. If they arnt responsible for it then they wont extend it. 

And considering they are based in Canada, they arnt really in the know on everything around that situation. 

DE doesn't care unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

DE isnt going to expand time due to a hurricane. I'm sorry about your situation but they wont unless it effects all players. Unless DE addresses it themselves it wont be extended. That's your only hope. The outtage your experiencing is on your end, not DEs. If it was the other way around it would likely be a different situation but unfortunately, that's what's likely happening. If they arnt responsible for it then they wont extend it. 

And considering they are based in Canada, they arnt really in the know on everything around that situation. 

It's not my situation. I already got mine and am nowhere near a hurricane. But I do think it would be a cool thing for DE to do and it is not an unreasonable request. Why do you care? Why are you so convinced they won't help the OP? It doesn't affect you at all if they extended it.

6 hours ago, auxy said:

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It's not my situation. I already got mine and am nowhere near a hurricane. But I do think it would be a cool thing for DE to do and it is not an unreasonable request. Why do you care? Why are you so convinced they won't help the OP? It doesn't affect you at all if they extended it.

And it Doesn't hurt to ask.

Because it's DE. 
I want them to extend for the reasons described.
I know they won't.

probably wouldn't have hurt to keep it up until Monday at the very least. I nearly missed the Alert myself today, joined a PUG with ~15 mins to spare. sucks that a Hurricane is there, stay safe and try not to die! 😸

I'd recommend working on your MR more since you'll get 3 Umbra Formas for MR30, the sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish!

13 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Because DE isnt going to grant a request because 1 player makes it. It's that simple.

24h Alert for something this rare is complete bullS#&$. I was going to return to playing WF but since I missed the alert, i won't.

"There's always next time" is complete bullS#&$ too, there won't be a next time for something this rare, since DE is using Umbral Forma as the big carrot for longterm players. "There's always next time" is just "#*!% you, I got mine" in different words.

Archived