Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE thanks a lot for the umbra forma!

13 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

It's so flipping nice of them to just give us that.

The sad thing is :

inb4 people start complaining that it was time limited.

An item being available maybe 3 times a year for 24 hours is understandable frustration to players who were simply working or didn't have time this one day. I got mine, but I can understand the frustration of other players who missed it.

To be honest, Umbra Forma should have a reliable farming method, but shouldn't be easy to get. The current way it works is crap, and I feel like it's only staying this way just to give Nightwave relevance for a majority of long term players. There's no reason to keep it like this when we just got the Helminth system which is quite accessible.

Very excited to put a fourth umbra polarity on Banshee!

18 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

The sad thing is :

inb4 people start complaining that it was time limited.

It's totally understandable if you put yourself in their shoes for a moment.  Umbra Forma are the biggest carrot in the game and  too rare and time limited to be placed in a random 24 hour alert.  Especially one that wasn't announced well ahead of time.

The only possible consolation I can offer is that maybe this and the MR30 rewards are a signal that umbra forma are about to be much more available.  (Which would also suggest something new is coming to take its place as an ultra rare evergreen reward.)

51 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Very excited to put a fourth umbra polarity on Banshee!

It's totally understandable if you put yourself in their shoes for a moment.  They're the biggest carrot in the game and  too rare and time limited to be placed in a random alert, especially one that wasn't announced well ahead of time.

The only possible consolation I can offer is that maybe this and the MR30 rewards are a signal that umbra forma are about to be much more available.  (Which would also suggest something new is coming to take its place as an ultra rare evergreen reward.)

In before Umbral Forma gets easier to get and the forum is filled with salty MR30's complaining that it cheapened their reward. 

On 2020-10-10 at 1:29 PM, -Reclusiarch_Grimaldus- said:

Was really looking forward to one of it as it was taking a while to get my hands on it. Slippery little things.

The mission design was great too. There was a lot of knock backs but the challenge was well posed and enjoyable. 

THIS IS the DE I knew long time ago. They went for a good reward, a great mission parameter design and a testing experiment. 

I want to see DE push these missions more often because there is enough material in the game for such tasks. 

On 2020-10-11 at 6:59 AM, Voltage said:

An item being available maybe 3 times a year for 24 hours is understandable frustration to players who were simply working or didn't have time this one day. I got mine, but I can understand the frustration of other players who missed it.

To be honest, Umbra Forma should have a reliable farming method, but shouldn't be easy to get. The current way it works is crap, and I feel like it's only staying this way just to give Nightwave relevance for a majority of long term players. There's no reason to keep it like this when we just got the Helminth system which is quite accessible.

I agree with this. Im happy they did it but rip anyone who missed out. 

I hate that it takes weeks of nightwave to get to the rank to get it... and then literally months before the next nightwave drops.

What I love about this community most, is that every time something gets nerfed or, god save us all, stays bugged for a week - it's an instant outrage flood. But when DE throws out a reward, that's normally obtainable 2 times per year, and slaps 24 hour-you're-S#&$-out-of-luck-if-you-don't-make-it timer on it, it's perfectly fine. Great.

This alert was stupid. Make up your damn mind DE - if you don't intend to keep umbral formas locked "2 per year" behind nightwave, than drop the #*!%ing charade and make them properly obtainable. Because you don't just take something so rare and throw in the bag with potatoes.

5 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

What I love about this community most, is that every time something gets nerfed or, god save us all, stays bugged for a week - it's an instant outrage flood. But when DE throws out a reward, that's normally obtainable 2 times per year, and slaps 24 hour-you're-S#&$-out-of-luck-if-you-don't-make-it timer on it, it's perfectly fine. Great.

This alert was stupid. Make up your damn mind DE - if you don't intend to keep umbral formas locked "2 per year" behind nightwave, than drop the #*!%ing charade and make them properly obtainable. Because you don't just take something so rare and throw in the bag with potatoes.

24 hours is a long enough time to get the alert done. The alert isn't luck based, dev streams are on Fridays, and there's generally an alert tied to it. The amount of people who are working obscene amounts of times to actually miss it while also playing Warframe are non-existent, and even if the alert lasted 48 hours, they would have missed it.

Some of the people complaining also admitted they don't actually even play Warframe and were going to just be back for the forma.

Umbra Forma was also a nearly non-existent reward from Railjack, but DE removed them from there due to "security", not sure what that meant as I'm not aware of any explanation, or why it was never fixed or introduced in another manner even though they said they would.

Archived