Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe App crashing on Iphone

Jorak_Falconstar
Message added by [DE]Saske,

Hey Tenno! We fixed the iOS app crashing this morning. You should be able to login again.

in the last 24 hours i've not been able to get the app to open on my iphone

both the iphone and app are up to date

as soon as i try to open it, it just crashes

i've deleted and resinstalled, restarted the handset.

At most i might see the first of the loading comments like "Dropping Grates" etc before it just kicks me out..

I can confirm this as well. The app was working fine on Thursday, but shortly after the devstream on Friday it was non-functional. I have also tried restarting my iPhone and reinstalling the app. I have an iPhone 5S using iOS 12.4.8 for what it's worth.

Can confirm, started happening to me yesterday on an iPhone SE (the old one) running iOS 13.7. Nothing was changed with the phone, and I had used it with no problem just a few hours before the problem started. It crashed while loading the app, quite quickly. Deleting the app completely, restarting iOS, then reinstalling the app did not fix it, though it now makes it as long as putting up the "swipe right to start" screen (that you get on a first use), though the screen is up for less than a second before it crashes.

Same here.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  It did require me to login after doing so, but then the app crashed immediately.

Happens on both iPhone and iPad.

Hard crash.  App screen closes.  Only trace left is found with double-click of the home button in order to swipe up to completely remove the process from memory.

+1

noted that the crash only happens if internet is available: no connection, no crash. But also, no content...

due to the reinstall, I can confirm that the issue occurs regardless of whether I am logged in or not.

i had no idea I used the mobile app so regularly until now I cannot.

Hey guys,

I have had the same problem for a couple days when I stumbled across this thread, so I decided to try different things.

i unfortunately can’t say for sure what I did but give this a try:

Turn off cellular data, open the app, turn on cellular data again, login. It seems to have something to do with viewing the “news” tab. Avoid that at all costs.

I hope that helps!

1 hour ago, Omnimunch said:

Hey guys,

I have had the same problem for a couple days when I stumbled across this thread, so I decided to try different things.

Turn off cellular data, open the app, turn on cellular data again, login. It seems to have something to do with viewing the “news” tab. Avoid that at all costs.

I hope that helps!

Tried this, crashed before i got a chance to even login

iPhone Xs

IOS 13.7

I was starting to suspect this might have something to do with data coming to the app, rather than the install of the app itself, since there was no update when it stopped working, one of the news items crashing it would explain it for sure. I don't know how you managed to bypass it though. Turning off data before starting the app didn't help, as soon as data comes back on the first thing that app does is try to load the news again. Trying to get into another menu (Inventory, Activities, Arsenal, whatever) doesn't work, the app crashes before it has time to respond to my presses even if I'm spam-pressing the buttons.

2 minutes ago, zipilgrim said:

I was starting to suspect this might have something to do with data coming to the app, rather than the install of the app itself, since there was no update when it stopped working, one of the news items crashing it would explain it for sure. I don't know how you managed to bypass it though. Turning off data before starting the app didn't help, as soon as data comes back on the first thing that app does is try to load the news again. Trying to get into another menu (Inventory, Activities, Arsenal, whatever) doesn't work, the app crashes before it has time to respond to my presses even if I'm spam-pressing the buttons.

True, it didn’t crash immediately after turning cellular data back on again, it simply doesn’t load the page. If I was to check the news tab after I select something else, it crashes.

I haven’t had the chance to try it, but I imagine it doesn’t work on WiFi with cellular data off?

Hey guys,

I hope that helps!

It worked, you can get in but it wont let you use anything.

The way is turn off data, open app, change into activity or whatever as long as it is not news, and then turn the data back on and press log in.

15 minutes ago, Animal_Courier said:

It worked, you can get in but it wont let you use anything.

The way is turn off data, open app, change into activity or whatever as long as it is not news, and then turn the data back on and press log in.

This is not a fix. the app is crashing before it even finished loading in my case so i dont get to change what screen i'm looking at.

Archived