Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe App crashing on Iphone

Jorak_Falconstar
Message added by [DE]Saske,

Hey Tenno! We fixed the iOS app crashing this morning. You should be able to login again.

5 minutes ago, Omnimunch said:

The app is crashing with cellular data off?

yes with Cellular data off it was still crashing.

I had to turn off all data sources  (both cellular and wifi) to get it to not crash. 

Of course now i'm blocked from logging in by needing a 2FA code that is sent by email and vaild for only 30 minutes.  but no code in my email

**edit** 

30 seconds later the code shows up.

But all now all the useful functions are missing data - foundry blank, extractors blank, fissures blank

2 hours ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

yes with Cellular data off it was still crashing.

I had to turn off all data sources  (both cellular and wifi) to get it to not crash. 

Of course now i'm blocked from logging in by needing a 2FA code that is sent by email and vaild for only 30 minutes.  but no code in my email

**edit** 

30 seconds later the code shows up.

But all now all the useful functions are missing data - foundry blank, extractors blank, fissures blank

Same thing happened to me, I think I did it three times and it populated on the third and then every time after. It clearly is conjecture but maybe try the same process again until it loads? I’m just guessing at this point, but every time I reopen the app I must follow the same steps in order to view the app at all.

Allow no connection to server (cellular data or WiFi), go to login, allow connection, enter password, select any tab other than news.

I also encountered a similar crash when attempting to go online in the chat, maybe avoid too for now.

11 minutes ago, Omnimunch said:

Same thing happened to me, I think I did it three times and it populated on the third and then every time after. It clearly is conjecture but maybe try the same process again until it loads? I’m just guessing at this point, but every time I reopen the app I must follow the same steps in order to view the app at all.

Allow no connection to server (cellular data or WiFi), go to login, allow connection, enter password, select any tab other than news.

I also encountered a similar crash when attempting to go online in the chat, maybe avoid too for now.

yeah redoing it with the data off work, as long as you dont "close" the app entirely you should not need to go through that mess again. 

Still it needs fixing properly, as I mostly use the app to manage extractors and read new like patch notes when i cant actually be playing

2 hours ago, (XB1)Erbalicous said:

Tried starting the app in airplane mode and it says it is unable to install an update. Once I turn airplane mode back off, it crashes

Same problem. It launches, says error updating, when retrying, it gets to the end and then crashes back to front screen.

This is super frustrating.

19 hours ago, idSmoker said:

The app was working fine on my iPhone X Saturday afternoon, but I've had this problem since Sunday morning.

None of the suggested solutions in this thread have worked for me.

I can confirm that updating my iPhone X to iOS 14.0.1 resolved the problem for me.

10 hours ago, (PS4)souravawems said:

i hv a solution to this problem turn off your wifi then open the app go to login then turn on the wifi and login ps(only the news tab doesn’t work everything else is working like extractors ). Your welcome 

Not a solution. I can login with data/wifi turned off but cannot see or use anything on news/foundry/extractors tabs. My app and Iphone are up to date. I believe the app is going to need a hotfix

I am having the same issue.  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling app.  I did a network reset and tried not on my wifi just cell data and also tried wifi with cell data.  Both ways seem to not work.  My app does like mentioned it opens goes through a few load jokes what have you and then crashes.

Iphone 8 

1 hour ago, (NSW)DeDe14 said:

I am having the same issue.  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling app.  I did a network reset and tried not on my wifi just cell data and also tried wifi with cell data.  Both ways seem to not work.  My app does like mentioned it opens goes through a few load jokes what have you and then crashes.

Iphone 8 

As stated above try this:

1. turn off cellular and WiFi so the app can not access any information

2. open the app (it shouldn’t crash but it will tell you it needs access to the internet)

3. Change tab to sign in

4. return to settings and turn on cellular data/wifi

5. return to the app and sign in

6. change tab off of “news” to foundry or whatever you need
DO NOT RETURN TO NEWS TAB

Hope it helps!

43 minutes ago, Omnimunch said:

As stated above try this:

1. turn off cellular and WiFi so the app can not access any information

2. open the app (it shouldn’t crash but it will tell you it needs access to the internet)

3. Change tab to sign in

4. return to settings and turn on cellular data/wifi

5. return to the app and sign in

6. change tab off of “news” to foundry or whatever you need
DO NOT RETURN TO NEWS TAB

Hope it helps!

Thank you for trying to help but as I stated above this method lets me to sign in but thats it. The app is broken after signing in. Cannot access resource drones, foundry, codex... anything. The pages are just blank when I click on them. And this is without once landing on the news tab

3 hours ago, OminousVortex said:

Thank you for trying to help but as I stated above this method lets me to sign in but thats it. The app is broken after signing in. Cannot access resource drones, foundry, codex... anything. The pages are just blank when I click on them. And this is without once landing on the news tab

Sorry to hear it. Hopefully they’ll resolve this soon!

I've managed to get this to work actually, It's not a solution as many have said, but it's a workaround. But I'm also seeing a lot of confusion over what order the steps need to be taken in. I'm going to try and clarify this here for everyone.

1: Turn off cellular data and Wi-Fi. Essentially block all incoming data to your phone. Airplane mode is the easiest way to do this.

2: Open the Warframe app.

3: When the app complains about not being able to update, hit Cancel. Do not hit Retry, do not turn on data.

4: After canceling out of the notification window, swipe right and enter the Codex, Activities, or anything other than News.

5: Turn data back on.

6: Swipe right again and login.

7: Grofit.

Follow these steps precisely and you shouldn't have problems. Do not use the News tab as that is definitely what is crashing the app. If you do, your app will crash again and you will have to follow all of these steps again in order to reopen the app successfully. If you close the app, you will have to follow these steps again regardless to reopen it. Until the News tab is fixed, this will be true of every attempt.

Someone else suggested leaving the app open at all times to get around this. I am currently testing this myself by leaving the app open in the background on my phone for an extended period of time. I do not know if the app will time-out and go back to News after any set period of time or not. I'll post back here later on with my findings.

I hope I've helped clear this all up for now. DE, if you're reading this, you now know where to look in order to fix this. Something in the News tab currently does not agree with iPhones. It could be a specific article or it could be something in the code of the News tab itself. Someone else noted there were no updates to the app before this issue began however, so I would tend to agree with them that it is being caused by a specific article. I hope this helps you guys as well.

Edit: Already encountered my first issue with leaving the app open on my phone. Logging into the game forces the app to logout as the system cannot have any single account logged in from more than one system. So until this is fixed, you will need to follow the above steps every time you open the app. DE, I hope I don't have to specify how frustrating this is. However I have every confidence you will find a prompt solution.

Hello iOS Tenno! We're sorry for the crashing!

We found the cause and fixed it. To fix the issue, close and reopen the app, clear the apps cache, or uninstall and reinstall the app. A simple close and reopen should do but if not, try the other methods. Let us know if you're still having the issue so we can investigate further.

Thank you for the report and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Archived